Statement from President Biden on Marijuana Reform

Just now, Ez ryder said:

There is no one with federal charges or doing time for simple possession or doing federal time for simple possession.  Only in CA are there people doing real state time for possession and that is only under the 3 strikes deal . And that has to be a felony.  So it would not be simple possession it would have had to be 1/2lb or more even in the last 30 yrs in CA.  

But yeah it sounds good for the lemming .

How about just using your pen for  decriminalization of all pot past and present no matter the amount ? Then send it thrugh the house you have the votes to do it if he really gave a fuck .

But let's be honest he is just reading what he is told to read and has zero fucking idea what he just  played the parrot to 

Good or bad?

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

I don’t think he can. He may need approval from congress.

The dems control all branches right now . Real awner just lip services for mid terms to those that don't comprehend it is just a nothing burger . 

Next question why in the last 2 yrs have the feds been going so hard on CA and CO grey market if they really just want pot crimes to be a no prosecute deal ? 

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Good or bad?

Pointless it dose nothing no one is doing federal time or has a federal conviction or even federal charge of simple possession.  Understand what you are cheering . A nothing burger to chew on that's all empty bullshit 

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

It's fine as far as the recreational smoker goes but those that were caught with large amounts or growers of more than, say, 3 plants are traffickers who did it for profit. How many people were involved with violent crime that comes with dealing weed? Lots for sure and they need to pay a price.

Up here in Canukastan we are allowed to grow 4 plants.....since it was legalized, absolutely nothing changed in society.....legalizing recreational pot should be a no brainer...focus resources on the scum that are peddling opioids..

Shit....since it's been legalized up here, even Momorider has mellowed..

Edited by Skeeter21i
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I've got no problem with the recreational user. I don't partake any longer but know many that grow for personal use. Got no issue with that. 

Never said ya did... simply pointing out 3 plants is far from a commercial grow.

Trust me, there isn't an empty warehouse within' 20 miles of me. Even old State building are leased for commercial grow...

40 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Here in NH it’s sill not legal sale. Every state around us has legal dispensaries for the recreational user.

The Repubs in the NH senate live in a fuckin cave but the state operates its own liquor stores. So drink up Otis.

(The Center Square) – New Hampshire's GOP-led House of Representatives has voted to approve legalizing marijuana cultivation and possession for personal use in the state, but the measure must survive the likelihood of a veto by Gov. Chris Sununu. 

4 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

(The Center Square) – New Hampshire's GOP-led House of Representatives has voted to approve legalizing marijuana cultivation and possession for personal use in the state, but the measure must survive the likelihood of a veto by Gov. Chris Sununu. 

Sununu can die in a trailer fire.

We did work for his old man. Didn't really care for the man at all.

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Black market growing on levels like found in Northern California involves cartels of both America and Mexico. Violence and victimization is rampant. 

Seen some shows on it. No one plays nice at all. 

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/nation/2021/12/19/mexican-drug-cartels-move-in-on-californias-shadow-marijuana-industry/8960873002/

https://thehill.com/opinion/congress-blog/3577673-cartels-are-turning-our-national-forests-into-a-warzone/

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Black market growing on levels like found in Northern California involves cartels of both America and Mexico. Violence and victimization is rampant. 

Lol yeah so the hippies that have been growing in the hills of N CA have had the help of the cartels for the last 50 yrs lol . Those fuckers have been growing truckloads yr after yr for a lot longer than Mexican cartels have even been a thing .

Shit in the late 80s early 90s you would be hard pressed to even see a Mexican in or around orack etna or willow creek . Lots of old school deadheads . And yes they have there own enforcement crews  but deff not cartel like . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

It's nightmare up there. The cops and DEA won't even go up into those hills without full tactical. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It's nightmare up there. The cops and DEA won't even go up into those hills without full tactical. 

They have always played dress up to drop out of there choppers . They are cops it is what they do .

Traps have always been a thing out in the hills . More so for the robbers . Not ez defending a 300 plant grow with 2 guys in a tent for 1/3 of a yr 

Go ahead and release them most will be back in for related crimes!

sure a few might be in for one time offense but I bet most have a long list!

Some good programs on Netflix inside prisons and jails.take a look and see what’s really going on!!it’s like adult daycare!!bet I could find some easy ways to get those prison budgets reduced.lots of repeat offenders and amazing how people are so tied in together with other crimes and gangs.

while i agree with his decision he is basically buying votes,  he could have done this 2 years ago but wasn't politically needed like it is today.   this and abortion and trump bodes well for the dems vs where they were not that long ago

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Yep- “Sleepy Joe”- you know: That stammering, stuttering, old, “worst POTUS in history” just happened to do this. Add it to the long list of “non-accomplishments” since he’s been in office.

Statement from President Biden on Marijuana Reform

OCTOBER 06, 2022STATEMENTS AND RELEASES

As I often said during my campaign for President, no one should be in jail just for using or possessing marijuana.  Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit. Criminal records for marijuana possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities.  And while white and Black and brown people use marijuana at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.

Today, I am announcing three steps that I am taking to end this failed approach.

First, I am announcing a pardon of all prior Federal offenses of simple possession of marijuana.  I have directed the Attorney General to develop an administrative process for the issuance of certificates of pardon to eligible individuals.  There are thousands of people who have prior Federal convictions for marijuana possession, who may be denied employment, housing, or educational opportunities as a result.  My action will help relieve the collateral consequences arising from these convictions.

Second, I am urging all Governors to do the same with regard to state offenses.  Just as no one should be in a Federal prison solely due to the possession of marijuana, no one should be in a local jail or state prison for that reason, either.

Third, I am asking the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to initiate the administrative process to review expeditiously how marijuana is scheduled under federal law.  Federal law currently classifies marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the classification meant for the most dangerous substances.  This is the same schedule as for heroin and LSD, and even higher than the classification of fentanyl and methamphetamine – the drugs that are driving our overdose epidemic. 

Finally, even as federal and state regulation of marijuana changes, important limitations on trafficking, marketing, and under-age sales should stay in place.

Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana.  It’s time that we right these wrongs. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/10/06/statement-from-president-biden-on-marijuana-reform/

Please tell me how many people are in federal prison for a simple marijuana offense...you got gut hooked by your own team. 

How did Robert Hunter Biden, son of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, escape a cocaine charge in 2016 in Yavapai County, where even medical marijuana patients get busted for possessing marijuana?

At first glance, it seems Biden might have gotten a political pass after he returned a rental car in Prescott on October 27, 2016. The car contained a pipe with cocaine residue and a small amount of a white, powdery substance.

After all, Prescott, a northern Arizona town of about 42,000 people, is the county seat of Yavapai County, home to County Attorney Sheila Polk, the state's foremost pot prohibitionist.

In office since 2000, Polk led a successful campaign to defeat a legalization measure in 2016. She encouraged police to write up felony charges on people in possession only of cannabidiol (CBD), a hemp compound that doesn't get people high. And her penchant for locking up medical marijuana patients has resulted in a pending state Supreme Court decision over the legality of cannabis resin extracts.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
21 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Good or bad?

Good. But he is just buying votes at this point.  This isnt Biden's plan just another transcript he is trying to read. His track record proves he has been against marijuana for decades.

When is the last time you smoked MC?