Statement from President Biden on Marijuana Reform

Yep- “Sleepy Joe”- you know: That stammering, stuttering, old, “worst POTUS in history” just happened to do this. Add it to the long list of “non-accomplishments” since he’s been in office.

Statement from President Biden on Marijuana Reform

OCTOBER 06, 2022STATEMENTS AND RELEASES

As I often said during my campaign for President, no one should be in jail just for using or possessing marijuana.  Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit. Criminal records for marijuana possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities.  And while white and Black and brown people use marijuana at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates.

Today, I am announcing three steps that I am taking to end this failed approach.

First, I am announcing a pardon of all prior Federal offenses of simple possession of marijuana.  I have directed the Attorney General to develop an administrative process for the issuance of certificates of pardon to eligible individuals.  There are thousands of people who have prior Federal convictions for marijuana possession, who may be denied employment, housing, or educational opportunities as a result.  My action will help relieve the collateral consequences arising from these convictions.

Second, I am urging all Governors to do the same with regard to state offenses.  Just as no one should be in a Federal prison solely due to the possession of marijuana, no one should be in a local jail or state prison for that reason, either.

Third, I am asking the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to initiate the administrative process to review expeditiously how marijuana is scheduled under federal law.  Federal law currently classifies marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the classification meant for the most dangerous substances.  This is the same schedule as for heroin and LSD, and even higher than the classification of fentanyl and methamphetamine – the drugs that are driving our overdose epidemic. 

Finally, even as federal and state regulation of marijuana changes, important limitations on trafficking, marketing, and under-age sales should stay in place.

Too many lives have been upended because of our failed approach to marijuana.  It’s time that we right these wrongs. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/10/06/statement-from-president-biden-on-marijuana-reform/

• Like 1

It's fine as far as the recreational smoker goes but those that were caught with large amounts or growers of more than, say, 3 plants are traffickers who did it for profit. How many people were involved with violent crime that comes with dealing weed? Lots for sure and they need to pay a price.

34 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So what he’s doing now is good or bad…..simple question?

What’s the motive behind what’s he doing would be a better question 

29 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

It's fine as far as the recreational smoker goes but those that were caught with large amounts or growers of more than, say, 3 plants are traffickers who did it for profit. How many people were involved with violent crime that comes with dealing weed? Lots for sure and they need to pay a price.

3 mature flowering plants are legal for recreational users. :news:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/welcome-to-denver-a-hellhole-of-drugs

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/51602-top-10-cities-people-want-to-flee/#comment-1425870

I get it, the decriminalization aspect. I know plenty who use casually, and just as many that wake n bake the rest of their day.  Have also seen those with no self control go down the rabbit hole from pot to 'you name it', jail, rehab and one in a casket.  

Bidens move to me at this point seems more about midterms politics than any politicians care about those sitting in 'for profit' prisons. 

Racer should be thrilled to death as the American taxpayers spend a fortune to keep people locked up.

Key Statistics:

Total U.S. government expenses on public prisons and jails: $80.7 billion +

On private prisons and jails: $3.9 billion +

Growth in justice system expenditures, 1982-2012 (adjusted for inflation): 310% +

Number of companies that profit from mass incarceration: ~4,000 +

Annual cost to families of prison phone calls and commissary purchases: $2.9 billion +

Percent of formerly incarcerated people who are unemployed: 27% +

Average daily wage of incarcerated workers: $0.86 +

Average earnings someone loses over their lifetime by being incarcerated: $500,000 +

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/research/economics_of_incarceration/

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Wisconsin our current governor it trying to buy student votes

Wisconsin Governor Tells Students That Marijuana Legalization Depends On Their Vote, Says State Is Losing Revenue To Illinois

3b71d81faa493372a683c777756df1f4?s=46&d=

Published

1 week ago 

on

September 28, 2022

By

Kyle Jaeger 
Screen-Shot-2021-01-26-at-9.34.39-AM-e16
  •  
  •  
  •  

The governor of Wisconsin met with college students on Tuesday, urging supporters to get engaged and vote in the upcoming election, in part to ensure that the state advances marijuana legalization.

Gov. Tony Evers (D) delivered remarks and held a roundtable discussion at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, telling students that “it’s time” to enact the reform—but it’s only achievable if young people make their voices heard at the ballot in November.

And while Evers was focused on the election that’s coming up in about six weeks, voting could also play a central role in the fight to legalize marijuana in later elections if the legislature approves a resolution he’s now pushing for to allow citizens to put initiatives on the ballot.

Speaking with students, the governor also joked about how Illinois’s governor has teased him about generating tax revenue from Wisconsin residents who cross the border to buy marijuana. It’s a point of economic rivalry that the governor has brought up on several occasions since the neighboring state enacted legalization.

Here in NH it’s sill not legal sale. Every state around us has legal dispensaries for the recreational user.

The Repubs in the NH senate live in a fuckin cave but the state operates its own liquor stores. So drink up Otis.

32 minutes ago, Snake said:

I've got no problem with the recreational user. I don't partake any longer but know many that grow for personal use. Got no issue with that. 

Edited by J. Jackson

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Maybe in the hood. In whiteys world , not very ofton.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Here in NH it’s sill not legal sale. Every state around us has legal dispensaries for the recreational user.

The Repubs in the NH senate live in a fuckin cave but the state operates its own liquor stores. So drink up Otis.

We get what we pay for and we pay $100 a yr for our reps. So we end up with dinosours who are living in the past. Fuck em.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

So what he’s doing now is good or bad…..simple question?

There is no one with federal charges or doing time for simple possession or doing federal time for simple possession.  Only in CA are there people doing real state time for possession and that is only under the 3 strikes deal . And that has to be a felony.  So it would not be simple possession it would have had to be 1/2lb or more even in the last 30 yrs in CA.  

But yeah it sounds good for the lemming .

How about just using your pen for  decriminalization of all pot past and present no matter the amount ? Then send it thrugh the house you have the votes to do it if he really gave a fuck .

But let's be honest he is just reading what he is told to read and has zero fucking idea what he just  played the parrot to 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

We get what we pay for and we pay $100 a yr for our reps. So we end up with dinosours who are living in the past. Fuck em.

They get that fancy license plate too….lol