The US is about to get Khashoggi‘d

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Our last POTUS was doing it.  Read up on it sometime.  Here is a start.  https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/energy-independence-trump/

Sitting here saying things like nationalize oil and blaming this on OPEC or big oil is all just conjecture for idiots who don't want to address the real issue.

Start by allowing and opening up more permits. 

It has been proven that we can do this ourselves.

You’re fucking clueless. Oil is sold into a global market place at prices set by the market’s forces and conditions. That involves buyers, sellers, and speculators. You want to change the basic market of free trade? 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It doesn’t matter where the oil comes from. It’s all going to cost the same. How is that so difficult to understand? 

Speaking of clueless, is that why regular gas cost 6 bucks in california and only 4 dollars per gallon in wisconsin?

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Fucking clueless. 

Yes, you are.  The US produces almost twice as much oil as the next largest producer.  We have the ability to drive the price up and down more than any other country.  But with our current dipshits in Washington and the voters who vote for them, we don't.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Speaking of clueless, is that why regular gas cost 6 bucks in california and only 4 dollars per gallon in wisconsin?

It's because of tax.

23 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It doesn’t matter where the oil comes from. It’s all going to cost the same. How is that so difficult to understand? 

The idiocy that rattles around in racers head fucking blows me away :lol: every time I read here it’s a new low bar 

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It's because of tax.

BUT

California begins issuing gas tax rebates to 18 million eligible residents

And

Newsom wants to tax oil companies for soaring gas prices. It'll be a bumpy road for motorists no matter what

Edited by racer254

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yes, you are.  The US produces almost twice as much oil as the next largest producer.  We have the ability to drive the price up and down more than any other country.  But with our current dipshits in Washington and the voters who vote for them, we don't.

No , we don’t have that ability. The oil companies are private fucking companies. They do as they want. You’re back to forcing them to do shit they don’t want to do , might as well nationalize them if you aren’t going to let them operate in a free marketplace. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Jesus fucking Christ. :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No , we don’t have that ability. The oil companies are private fucking companies. They do as they want. You’re back to forcing them to do shit they don’t want to do , might as well nationalize them if you aren’t going to let them operate in a free marketplace. 

OMG.  You act like the government has nothing to do with Oil production and the permitting process in the US.  Hey, do you know who the EPA is?  How about the DNR?

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

OMG.  You act like the government has nothing to do with Oil production and the permitting process in the US.  Hey, do you know who the EPA is?  How about the DNR?

:lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

BUT

California begins issuing gas tax rebates to 18 million eligible residents

And

Newsom wants to tax oil companies for soaring gas prices. It'll be a bumpy road for motorists no matter what

California has pretty much always paid much more than the nation for gasoline at the pump, in part due to higher taxes and a more expensive blend of fuel, but an average price that's nearly 70% more than most everyone else in the U.S. is a bit extreme.3

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

So you are suggesting nationalizing our oil industry? 

no no no Benny... we need to increase SUBSIDIZING the capitalist oil industry so they can drill for more oil on public lands and our chunks of the public land under the oceans. 

this is after all a democracy, is it not? 

caPitALiSm!!!!

:)

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

More of a grey area than a straight NO.  Regulations, taxes, subsidies, permitting, the Government has had a hand on the steering wheel of the oil industry for some time now. Sure the companies are in charge of the day to day but the broader picture they have a say. Not just oil look at lumber, the south is in the Fir tree business because the government wanted them out of the tobacco business. We don't have a free market system as you well know.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

More of a grey area than a straight NO.  Regulations, taxes, subsidies, permitting, the Government has had a hand on the steering wheel of the oil industry for some time now. Sure the companies are in charge of the day to day but the broader picture they have a say. Not just oil look at lumber, the south is in the Fir tree business because the government wanted them out of the tobacco business. We don't have a free market system as you well know.

I know ....we have a bullshit crony system where costs are nationalized and profits and fed to the top. It’s pure trash. Just fucking nationalize them already if you want the control over what they do. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Our last POTUS was doing it.  Read up on it sometime.  Here is a start.  https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/energy-independence-trump/

Sitting here saying things like nationalize oil and blaming this on OPEC or big oil is all just conjecture for idiots who don't want to address the real issue.

Start by allowing and opening up more permits. 

It has been proven that we can do this ourselves.

maybe DeSantis can appoint Trump to be the US Oil Czar if he agrees not to run in 2024. 

Trump would probably do it due to the endless grift opportunity.

35 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You’re fucking clueless. Oil is sold into a global market place at prices set by the market’s forces and conditions. That involves buyers, sellers, and speculators. You want to change the basic market of free trade? 

oil is not the same as corn, wheat or soybeans SUBSIDIZED by the American tax payer. 

wait.... 

:lol2:

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the love of free market capitalism only applies to 'certain things' dude, not everything. 

learn the lingo... 

Bidens fault

Trump's fault 

Ukraine's fault 

Liberals fault 

My vehicle gets 12mpg on a good day so it's not my fault

I want cheap gas to burn freely for amusement and it's not my fault

I'm a victim and this is all part of 'the plan' :cry:

Pete here today? :lmao:

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I know ....we have a bullshit crony system where costs are nationalized and profits and fed to the top. It’s pure trash. Just fucking nationalize them already if you want the control over what they do. 

how much $ and how many lives have we wasted in the middle east for the sake of oil? 

who benefits the most? 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe DeSantis can appoint Trump to be the US Oil Czar if he agrees not to run in 2024. 

Trump would probably do it due to the endless grift opportunity.

oil is not the same as corn, wheat or soybeans SUBSIDIZED by the American tax payer. 

wait.... 

:lol2:

the love of free market capitalism only applies to 'certain things' dude, not everything. 

learn the lingo... 

Bidens fault

Trump's fault 

Ukraine's fault 

Liberals fault 

My vehicle gets 12mpg on a good day so it's not my fault

I want cheap gas to burn freely for amusement and it's not my fault

I'm a victim and this is all part of 'the plan' :cry:

Pete here today? :lmao:

:lol: 

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The only thing worse than Market forces being manipulated by the government would be no market forces and the supply being managed by government bureaucrats.  How many examples do you need of state run businesses that are a disaster around the world. I think we would be better served by less government involvement not more.  

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Not one person arguing with me has come up with a better solution.  Yet they will all sit here and try to explain why it won't work.  :lame:

This isn’t about better or worse ideas. It’s boiled down to the fact that you have no idea how the oil market functions. 

• Like 1