As much as 80% of Twitter accounts are bots

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I had some dude from Poland send me one of those "is it still available?" messages on Facebook Marketplace.  wtf  :lol: Probably wanted to send me a cashiers check so I could cover the shipping to Warsaw  

FaceBook is shit and full of scammers now. Feed is crap and full of ads

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yup I just use it to keep in touch with distant family and friends. Sled groups suck donkey balls.Scammers in market places. I guess I have my own fan page :lol: 

23 hours ago, Badger** said:

There is a whole FaceBook page dedicated to a group of guys that can't stand you from the HCS days. <<<< I bet you didn't know that and you will like to know they are all Polaris guys. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yup I just use it to keep in touch with distant family and friends. Sled groups suck donkey balls.Scammers in market places. I guess I have my own fan page :lol: 

Same but I find myself using it less and less. I really haven't posted anything in a long time and rarely comment. Guess you made a lasting impression if they have their own page to talk about you. You're like famous and shit.......  :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Guess you made a lasting impression if they have their own page to talk about you. You're like famous and shit.......  :lol: 

I almost want to go say HI!!!!! But Rob is keeping the page a secret :lol:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah I'm finding that out.  About once a year I throw some sled stuff up to unload it.  Ebay is a ripoff now too.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Really? I find that the scammers are easy to spot and there’s excellent deals on marketplace. I’ve never had a problem. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Really? I find that the scammers are easy to spot and there’s excellent deals on marketplace. I’ve never had a problem. 

They're easy to spot, but still a time suck and a pain in the balls.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah I'm finding that out.  About once a year I throw some sled stuff up to unload it.  Ebay is a ripoff now too.

Holy fuck I got raked for almost 20% selling a debris blower a few months ago. I had no idea it had gotten so bad 

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Holy fuck I got raked for almost 20% selling a debris blower a few months ago. I had no idea it had gotten so bad 

Very disappointed in you, thought you were more savage than that. 

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Well yeah, some dude in Nigeria that's parting out sleds and has all the same pictures as 5 other previous scammer accounts. It just sucks because once one is weeded out another pops back up with the same exact ad. Admins of these groups have to keep up with this or the group kind of goes to shit. People spamming group pages with T-shirt ads over and over and not giving a shit about the spelling mistakes LOL Then the dead beat sellers

11 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I sell everything on FB marketplace. It's by far the best platform I have used. The scammers are easy to spot. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

I sell everything on FB marketplace. It's by far the best platform I have used. The scammers are easy to spot. 

I'm talking in the specific groups with buy/sell options

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yeah like 13% for anything under 750 bucks, plus a final value fee, plus an extra fee if you want the ad booster....plus plus who the fuck knows what else.  I sold a piece of jewelry for over 500 bucks a few years back.  They kept my money in escrow for 30 days, just in case the buyer had second thoughts or some such bullshit.  I only use it as a last resort now.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Yeah like 13% for anything under 750 bucks, plus a final value fee, plus an extra fee if you want the ad booster....plus plus who the fuck knows what else.  I sold a piece of jewelry for over 500 bucks a few years back.  They kept my money in escrow for 30 days, just in case the buyer had second thoughts or some such bullshit.  I only use it as a last resort now.

Yup , it’s just too bad because it’s still the largest marketplace. Fucking thieves 

53 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup , it’s just too bad because it’s still the largest marketplace. Fucking thieves 

I use FB marketplace to sell a bunch of our salvage stuff from our jobs. I have sold about 6 commercial refrigerators and a bunch of other commercial kitchen equipment in the last 2 months. Tools, equipment, etc... Its the best platform I have used by far. And no fees. Bam!

Just now, Anler said:

I use FB marketplace to sell a bunch of our salvage stuff from our jobs. I have sold about 6 commercial refrigerators and a bunch of other commercial kitchen equipment in the last 2 months. Tools, equipment, etc... Its the best platform I have used by far. And no fees. Bam!

For sure , but I got no action on that particular item on fb 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I find more people wasting time on fb than craigs . But pretty close .

I do same thing with home appliances cabs etc . And a lot of free curb alerts so I don't have to pay to dump the shit . Shocking how fast most of the shit is gone . Usualy by lunch then it pays for lunch for every one on the job that day . The nicer the product the nicer the restaurant lol 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I find more people wasting time on fb than craigs . But pretty close .

I do same thing with home appliances cabs etc . And a lot of free curb alerts so I don't have to pay to dump the shit . Shocking how fast most of the shit is gone . Usualy by lunch then it pays for lunch for every one on the job that day . The nicer the product the nicer the restaurant lol 

There are a couple local FB groups I have used to get rid of items I didn't want to have to get a dumpster for also. That whole format works better than anything else I have used.