Get your winter shoes early this year...

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And when 22's are 45 series they don't ride that bad.

9Q0rdCN.jpg

Yeah mine rides fine with the 45 series 22s. esp now with BFG A/T. 

and thats even with my air ride deleted. 

Edited by EvilBird

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Don't do the wilwoods....the lack of dust boots make maintenance a serious BITCH.  Never thought about that until they were installed for a few months and I drove in winter.  As for spring shock, mine rides great but I lowered it mechanically and kept the air ride.

you can get the Brembo front upgrade kit for GM SUV's which requires 20"+ wheels. 

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/performance/front-six-piston-brembo-brake-upgrade-system-in-red-84610129?model=Tahoe&year=2020&make=Chevrolet

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the price of that is ridiculous. i have 2 of those sets out there, first set pads lasted for shit. over 400.00 just for pads with no pins or hardware

I run goodyear duratrac on my dually work truck and my f150 hunting truck. Best non dedicated snow tire I've ever used. I run between Indiana and alberta, bc, sometimes into the yukon weekly and rarely ever used 4x4. I'd like to tryba dedicated snow but they wouldn't last long on the pavement in warmer weather on the southern parts of my trips

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

You don't run a set of dedicated winter wheels with the tires??

not with that one

when we bought it the 18" wheels were impossible to find for less than a grand

it doesn't cost me anything to swap them out ;)

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

the price of that is ridiculous. i have 2 of those sets out there, first set pads lasted for shit. over 400.00 just for pads with no pins or hardware

But how did they stop? 

ZL1 1LE Camaro Brembo pads are $634 MSRP

2022 Tahoe PPV pads are $446 MSRP 

if you want to stop, and have big brakes you're going to shell out big $ 

since the C8Z is on topic if you go with the carbon ceramic setup... $1177 for front pads.  std C8 pads are $550 and Z51 are $665 

:)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not with that one

But how did they stop? 

ZL1 1LE Camaro Brembo pads are $634 MSRP

2022 Tahoe PPV pads are $446 MSRP 

if you want to stop, and have big brakes you're going to shell out big $ 

since the C8Z is on topic if you go with the carbon ceramic setup... $1177 for front pads.  std C8 pads are $550 and Z51 are $665 

:)

he wasn't impressed because he didn't need them. he just liked the looks but the stock was fine for him. he didn't like the 446.00 though. i can see on a performance vehicle but a tahoe, maybe not

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not with that one

Price of the wheels are buying price - selling price.  I've found having a second set normally costs me dirt as people will buy completely bald snow tires on wheels for good money.  Not sure why there are so many dumb people, but wth it makes my life easier.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

he wasn't impressed because he didn't need them. he just liked the looks but the stock was fine for him. he didn't like the 446.00 though. i can see on a performance vehicle but a tahoe, maybe not

Stock they can't stop a boat, with the Wilwoods the boat trailer even at 7k lbs doesn't need brakes...which I found out when my trailer brakes failed.  

Just now, Deephaven said:

Stock they can't stop a boat, with the Wilwoods the boat trailer even at 7k lbs doesn't need brakes...which I found out when my trailer brakes failed.  

keep in mind 80% of these are grocery getters

5 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

because they looked good 😂

every little bit helps above 6k lbs

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Price of the wheels are buying price - selling price.  I've found having a second set normally costs me dirt as people will buy completely bald snow tires on wheels for good money.  Not sure why there are so many dumb people, but wth it makes my life easier.

her's is the only vehicle I don't have dedicated winter wheels for, no biggie 

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

keep in mind 80% of these are grocery getters

soccer moms... on their phone... in a blizzard... 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

because they looked good 😂

every little bit helps above 6k lbs

her's is the only vehicle I don't have dedicated winter wheels for, no biggie 

soccer moms... on their phone... in a blizzard... 

sold a yukon to a girl last year and she wrecked in the first snow. her mother said it was our fault for selling it with all season tires. no, that's what it comes with. she hasn't driven much since, thinks it's the truck. bottom line , the girl can't drive. i offered snows, the mom is hung up on what to do with all seasons. i told her throw them behind the house for springtime. not good enough. whatever

6 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

sold a yukon to a girl last year and she wrecked in the first snow. her mother said it was our fault for selling it with all season tires. no, that's what it comes with. she hasn't driven much since, thinks it's the truck. bottom line , the girl can't drive. i offered snows, the mom is hung up on what to do with all seasons. i told her throw them behind the house for springtime. not good enough. whatever

some people are just stupid :)

again, and feel free to use this with your customers as well... 

when a manufacturer specs an 'all season ' tire it's the same tire being used on a car in Florida, Texas, Arizona, Montana, Wisconsin and Maine.  

all season does not equal winter ❄️ 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

some people are just stupid :)

again, and feel free to use this with your customers as well... 

when a manufacturer specs an 'all season ' tire it's the same tire being used on a car in Florida, Texas, Arizona, Montana, Wisconsin and Maine.  

all season does not equal winter ❄️ 

as was said, the "all season" name is a farce. but people live by it

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

as was said, the "all season" name is a farce. but people live by it

I have an idiot bil that thinks that way... 

anyways, these are the 275/50/22" all season tires that come std on a new Tahoe or Suburban RST 

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/bridgestone-alenza-a-s-02

confidence inspiring in the middle of a blizzard in February while pulling your trailer full of sleds? 

@EvilBird

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyways, these are the 22" all season tires that come std on a new Tahoe or Suburban RST

confidence inspiring in the middle of a blizzard in February while pulling your trailer full of sleds? 

@EvilBird

i find the alenza to be one of the best tires in that size. winter aside they work and last pretty well. not cheap. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyways, these are the 22" all season tires that come std on a new Tahoe or Suburban RST

@EvilBird

Better than the 305 width Nitto 420's I had on the Escalade to try and get some summer traction. 23278-001jpg_44c88fd6-ec23-4ea9-a014-7fb

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i find the alenza to be one of the best tires in that size. winter aside they work and last pretty well. not cheap. 

80% of the time... Sure. 

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Better than the 305 width Nitto 420's I had on the Escalade to try and get some summer traction. 23278-001jpg_44c88fd6-ec23-4ea9-a014-7fb

Those must be awesome doing a burn out at Taco John's 🤣

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I run slicks in the winter. I like to live on the edge like gym 

hey something to be said for a country boy that can drive. i'm sure many of us on here have done the bald tire in winter thing. i personally love powerslides

• Like 1