no phones or internet at work today

Work from home is now, damn near, a requirement to be competitive in the marketplace .. especially if hiring the 20-something & 30-something age groups.  I hated the thought of my team working from home, but as the years have gone by I've had one person ... ONE ... that I basically caught abusing it.  COVID proved it can be done, and done so effectively.  For where I work, we're also encouraging people to try and come into the office 2-3 times a week and it's as much about the "being there together" as it is "we need to justify paying for the office space"

Those who think working from home = screw off time simply don't have any idea how productive it can be & how responsible employees truly are.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, Snake said:

2 sides of the WFH camp...

Wife worked from home for past 5 or more years. Started at 8 every day and worked well into the evening. Tried to get another WFHer fired due to decrease in productivity, not being at his computer, and pawning off work to others.

Some thrive in the environment, some abuse the fuck out of it.

That will never change.

This, my service techs wife works from home. 1/2 the  people at nher company were called back into the office because their productivity dropped bigtime. Those who held the numbers got to keep working from home.

The slackers were pissed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Busy as fuck today. Finished up installing this beauty in a bud’s van. Victron system with Blue Sea breakers and 300ah of Battleborn. No internet required. 

52829270-04F2-4BE3-82E4-35ED8D61DFFC.jpeg

English please?

17 hours ago, Bontz said:

Work from home is now, damn near, a requirement to be competitive in the marketplace .. especially if hiring the 20-something & 30-something age groups.  I hated the thought of my team working from home, but as the years have gone by I've had one person ... ONE ... that I basically caught abusing it.  COVID proved it can be done, and done so effectively.  For where I work, we're also encouraging people to try and come into the office 2-3 times a week and it's as much about the "being there together" as it is "we need to justify paying for the office space"

Those who think working from home = screw off time simply don't have any idea how productive it can be & how responsible employees truly are.

I think that is the way it is with many companies right now. 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

English please?

Victron is one of the premier makers of inverters, solar charge controllers and DC to DC converters. It’s used on higher end boats and rv’s. Battleborn batteries is a US based company that makes high end lithium batteries. 10 year warranties with excellent controls. Blue Sea is a company that makes electrical controls for the marine and rv industry. Really good stuff.  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 10:10 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

someone hit a major line

can't do jack squat without it and productivity will suffer 

we're far too reliant on this 'technology'  

Can't you use your phone to create a Hotspot?