Those with a choice...

Vermont is being propped up as a great state to live. Not so much anymore. Business unfriendly, try to build a new house or building and get a stranglehold by Act 250. Brutal. Land taxes thru the roof. Liberal education agenda. Burlington, the largest city, has become dangerous. You never heard of violent acts like shootings and stabbings which now are fairly common. Heroin is plentiful and fatal overdoses are common as well. I encounter lots of people who have moved here and I ask them why. Most answers are "we read that it's friendly and beautiful place to live". Most are gone in a couple of years.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Vermont is being propped up as a great state to live. Not so much anymore. Business unfriendly, try to build a new house or building and get a stranglehold by Act 250. Brutal. Land taxes thru the roof. Liberal education agenda. Burlington, the largest city, has become dangerous. You never heard of violent acts like shootings and stabbings which now are fairly common. Heroin is plentiful and fatal overdoses are common as well. I encounter lots of people who have moved here and I ask them why. Most answers are "we read that it's friendly and beautiful place to live". Most are gone in a couple of years.

Vermont has been a magnet for liberals since the 1960's . . . .  Writers, painters, and others moving bring in their bad 😞 social beliefs .

• Like 2

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

If not for family, I'd be out of Connecticut in a minute.  Democratic hellhole stronghold.  Don't forget your pronouns!

FWIW I think we are in part of the best area for CT . But agree id be out if it wasn't for the kids. 

We almost moved to FL in 2017. Kinda glad we didn't. Not sure what state I would wanna live in now. 

41 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

FWIW I think we are in part of the best area for CT . But agree id be out if it wasn't for the kids. 

We almost moved to FL in 2017. Kinda glad we didn't. Not sure what state I would wanna live in now. 

Umm...no snowmobile trails in FL

• Gold Member

Wouldn’t mind living in a few of those states.

Just for discussion sake here are the top ten moved to states. I’d live in most of them 👍.

Here are the top 10 states that Americans have moved to this year:

1. Hawaii
  2. Alaska
  3. Montana
  4. South Carolina
  5. Maine
  6. North Carolina
  7. Florida
  8. Tennessee
  9. Wyoming
  10. Vermont

47 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Stafford is pretty good. Lots of red here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ICG said:

Vermont has been a magnet for liberals since the 1960's . . . .  Writers, painters, and others moving bring in their bad 😞 social beliefs .

My brothers in laws have a nice spread in VT.  They pay a "view tax".  Who the fuck decides that someone is going to get taxed because you can see shit from your property?  I'd love to know who came up with that horse shit.  NH and northern Maine are about the only areas in New England that aren't all wokey like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ICG said:

Hey, believe what you want, it is a free country but don't try to force them onto others. The problem is that most are retired or reasonably wealthy and can take the time to run for office. The "dems" hold a super majority in the House of Rep and better than 60% of them are out of state'rs that have moved here trying to "save us from ourselves". 

1 hour ago, ICG said:

Vermont has been a magnet for liberals since the 1960's . . . .  Writers, painters, PHOTOGRAPHERS  and others moving bring in their bad 😞 social beliefs .

fixed it for ya:hdchr:

• Haha 2

where i am in the catskill mountains of ny is beautiful. we have it al but the beach. when you say you are from ny, people assume the city. ny state is huge. most of it woods, but big cities have control. we had an influx of city folks, and out attitude is whatever you are running from leave it there. you thought enough of the area to move here, and that says something for the way it is and has been run. not perfect , but a nice peaceful area not overpriced. so much for that

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Democrats are on the move. Remote work is a great thing. 

Im a remote worker and most hate liberals  and Democrats that i talk with

Edited by toslow

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

My brothers in laws have a nice spread in VT.  They pay a "view tax".  Who the fuck decides that someone is going to get taxed because you can see shit from your property?  I'd love to know who came up with that horse shit.  NH and northern Maine are about the only areas in New England that aren't all wokey like that.

Yes, New Hampshire does have a view tax.....

3 hours ago, toslow said:

Im a remote worker and most hate liberals  and Democrats that i talk with

Just out of curiosity, what party do the "remote people" you talk with belong to? I find that we tend to hang around people with similar views, and that frequently makes us think everyone else agrees with us.

Edited by CaddisFly
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

please don't come to northern wisconsin or upper michigan if you are from Illinois... we can't stand you.  :)

To late,I’m already in the UP. I’m very regarded up there for your information. :ashamed:

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, CaddisFly said:

Just out of curiosity, what party do the "remote people" you talk with belong to? I find that we tend to hang around people with similar views, and that frequently makes us think everyone else agrees with us.

I work in mining both in iron and oil. 

26 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Not every town or county...I have 415 feet of lake front and don't pay a view tax. 

If a Mountain view, scenic valley or nudist beach suddenly arrives , that's visible from any point on your property.....  They will shake you more to pay for someone else's child's education.