Cheaters

Pro fishing tournament scandal. Winners caught stuffing fish with weights, etc for heaviest catch.

Serious Controversy in Pro fishing tournament as multiple-time winners caught stuffing lead weights and other fish filets in their fish to have the heaviest catch to win hundreds of thousands in prizes. 

https://uproxx.com/sports/fishing-scandal-stuffed-weights-into-fish-video/

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm surprised they didn't get the shit beat out of themselves.  

28 minutes ago, toslow said:

That’s what should have happened 

Yup that's what shoulda happened,,hold their fucking head underwater and then shove a lead ball up their ass

• Haha 1

that shit has been going on forever, especially if there isn't an official in the boat

coworker of mine and his father fish a lot of WI tournaments and have encouraged me to join them... no interest, I fish for fun and to show my friends a good time.  on our lake if I don't catch a dozen large in a hour it's a slow day.  river down the hill has been slow the last two years for smallies but pulled a 21" yesterday and a sassy 19" this afternoon... count was low but quality was good. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Don't they check for weights or other means of cheating at every tournament? Would seem like this would be common place if they didn't.

I would think they would x-ray or a metal detector 

First time my dad had cancer he did the same thing. Stuffed sinkers in his pockets so he weighed heavier. They were always trying to get him to take his coat off when he weighed in. He was trying to get the doctors off his ass :lol:

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

First time my dad had cancer he did the same thing. Stuffed sinkers in his pockets so he weighed heavier. They were always trying to get him to take his coat off when he weighed in. He was trying to get the doctors off his ass :lol:

That’s fucking awesome :lol:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I would think they would x-ray or a metal detector 

Length and girth makes weight pretty obvious to a veteran walleye fisherman, I’m surprised they thought they could get away with it.

• Like 1

An extra 8oz - 1 lb each fish and they might get away with it.  4 lb fish weighing 7 lbs, no way an experienced fisherman wouldn't know something is up.  I bet they were doing this for years and got too cocky 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Doorider said:

An extra 8oz - 1 lb each fish and they might get away with it.  4 lb fish weighing 7 lbs, no way an experienced fisherman wouldn't know something is up.  I bet they were doing this for years and got too cocky 

It's not the first time they've cheated.  Between idiots like these two, who stuff weights into a fish & the other ones who pre-fish and fill a hidden live well with "keepers" ... they're all assholes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

AB97C0EE-6048-4999-AB30-2B69545221B7.thumb.jpeg.25dd3a0656f0366423567761e9c485a3.jpeg

Haha…I just saw this one…

Stop on out this weekend and find these Fish Tacos at any of your favorite Port Clinton restaurants. Comes with slaw, lime, and 8lbs of fresh Lake Erie sinkers. Ask your waitress for a side of shame for dipping!

DF45A8B8-9240-4D4B-A2D5-693ADC0F30D3.jpeg.e8f251304c48f99de769061c5030ca44.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

It's not the first time they've cheated.  Between idiots like these two, who stuff weights into a fish & the other ones who pre-fish and fill a hidden live well with "keepers" ... they're all assholes.

My buddy and I fish a local tournament here on the river 25 years ago. We were fishing from a canoe and floated past this guy who had cages sunk in the river. We heard through some buddies later that he had been prefishing for a couple weeks at that spot.

Other people had reportedly been fishing different lakes and rivers and lying as to where they caught it.

Cheating bastards everywhere.