Working with boomers

Rod

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The youngest boomer today is 58 years old. Most if not all job sites have a pecking order and it’s mostly seniority and not age.

If only there was a job site you were actually on. :handjob: :lol:

4 hours ago, Anler said:

Lucky for us we don't have any boomers at work. They couldn't handle our work at their delicate age and condition. 

seems the ones crying about needing to clock out and go home is the younger crowd, while the older crew soldiers on to get the shit done in our industry

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

The problem is boomers have worked incredibly hard their whole lives......they just don't have the patience for the younger lazy generations and almost feel a need to supervise and instruct them. Splinters never slowed down a boomer, nevermind the need to take a few days off with the younger gens.  Total pussies

• Like 4

• Gold Member

You boomers just don’t get it. It’s not laziness in younger people it is just smarter financial thinking. Younger people are choosing a debt free less is more lifestyle. Why the hell would I want to work more for what to buy more crap I don’t need so I have to work even more. That’s the cycle they want you in get into debt so you have to constantly work your life away.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

You boomers just don’t get it. It’s not laziness in younger people it is just smarter financial thinking. Younger people are choosing a debt free less is more lifestyle. Why the hell would I want to work more for what to buy more crap I don’t need so I have to work even more. That’s the cycle they want you in get into debt so you have to constantly work your life away.

That’s called laziness….lmao

IMO ita just how they were brought through the trades...kind of paramilitary if you will.  You can't talk to the younger generation that way they don't understand that it's part of earning respect.  With my younger guys It's much different. They aren't motivated by the same things and are much more likely to cut their nose off to spite their face. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Fuck me. If I hear the words "work/life balance" one more time I'm going to lose my shit.

• Haha 1