Working with boomers

Rod

Anyone notice that they have to feel like they need to have at least one person they can bully on the Jobsite?  Just one. More maybe better but they need one. I just don’t see it with the younger generations nearly as bad 

• Platinum Contributing Member

Age alone isn't a telltale in my book.  Every generation has good, decent and shit workers. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Highmark said:

Age alone isn't a telltale in my book.  Every generation has shit workers. 

Not shit workers. Seems like they need someone to shit on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

My only boomer left isn't that way....far from it.   Honestly I didn't see previous boomers in general that way as well.   Maybe its just a midwestern thing.

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

Anyone notice that they have to feel like they need to have at least one person they can bully on the Jobsite?  Just one. More maybe better but they need one. I just don’t see it with the younger generations nearly as bad 

The youngest boomer today is 58 years old. Most if not all job sites have a pecking order and it’s mostly seniority and not age.

50 minutes ago, ACE said:

Maybe the ones being shit on shouldn't be so over sensitive. Can't be coddled all your life.

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Boomers are sensitive and cranky. What a great combo to have especially when you add in the decline happening between their ears  :lol: 

I thought that came from all the cheap whiskey they drink........... avoid a hangover stay drunk.

Boomers are retiring at a huge rate these days. Now’s the time for the younger generation to take over with no one to blame anymore for their failures….that is if they show up for work and on time.

Edited by Mainecat
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

I thought that came from all the cheap whiskey they drink........... avoid a hangover stay drunk.

That could very well be the cause  :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Boomers are retiring at a huge rate these days. Now’s the time for the younger generation to take over with no one to blame anymore for their failures….that is if they show up for work and on time.

Yep we've had three let go during the pandemic and one more retiring at the end of this year. We've only brought in two junior rocket scientists straight out of college in that time so we're behind

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The youngest boomer today is 58 years old. Most if not all job sites have a pecking order and it’s mostly seniority and not age.

Big difference between a pecking order and shitting on someone because you’re having a bad day 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Boomers are sensitive and cranky. What a great combo to have especially when you add in the decline happening between their ears  :lol: 

Man they really are sensitive 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

You should take a boat load of boomers over to Ukraine to fight Putin. Why should we sacrifice our country's future when you all can take a bullet as good as anyone and have one foot in the grave anyway? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

You should take a boat load of boomers over to Ukraine to fight Putin. Why should we sacrifice our country's future when you all can take a bullet as good as anyone and have one foot in the grave anyway? 

Your feeling lucky I see.

29 minutes ago, Anler said:

Send them in with the new transgender squad.  That will teach Putin.

• Like 1