Is SKI-DOO The Undisputed King of Innovation?

Polaris should have that award IMO. Turbo sleds that actually boost levels not normalize them at altitude,flatland boosted sleds and a new 900R motor coming out too,,,no brainer.What does doo have?Slow 850's and even slower boosted 4st that can't break 100mph.

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, HSR said:

Polaris should have that award IMO. Turbo sleds that actually boost levels not normalize them at altitude,flatland boosted sleds and a new 900R motor coming out too,,,no brainer.What does doo have?Slow 850's and even slower boosted 4st that can't break 100mph.

What has Polaris been innovative on coming out with another 900 engine or turbo 2s that doo already did isn’t exactly innovative. Ski-doo on the other hand has had some real innovations over the years the biggest imo being rider forward design that changed the entire sport forever. Second being e-start only removing unnecessary backup pull ropes 😉.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

What has Polaris been innovative on coming out with another 900 engine or turbo 2s that doo already did isn’t exactly innovative. Ski-doo on the other hand has had some real innovations over the years the biggest imo being rider forward design that changed the entire sport forever. Second being e-start only removing unnecessary backup pull ropes 😉.

Oh I agree on some things for sure,,Doo started rider forward,the Axys just perfected it. Doo's 2 strokes turbos barely add power at sea level and noramlize it as altitiude rises.

The 900turbo has been a serious flop that even the smart shox couldn't save.

Now we have boosted power at sea level and at altitude and on top of that a new 900r 2 stroke. Polaris is doing just fine on it's way back to #1

11 hours ago, HSR said:

Oh I agree on some things for sure,,Doo started rider forward,the Axys just perfected it. Doo's 2 strokes turbos barely add power at sea level and noramlize it as altitiude rises.

Was their boosted sled not mountain specific?

11 hours ago, HSR said:

The 900turbo has been a serious flop that even the smart shox couldn't save.

Flop? Absolutely not, although the Mach was not what some people expected they use that engine in many applications. Smart Shocks are the cat's ass.

11 hours ago, HSR said:

Now we have boosted power at sea level and at altitude and on top of that a new 900r 2 stroke. Polaris is doing just fine on it's way back to #1

Personally am looking forward to this season and reviews on the Boosted Polaris, if it lives and is as much fun as the early reviews I will be looking at one, brand loyal I am not.

Give Polaris credit for taking BRP's innovations and making them better, keep pushing that envelope, it's good for all of us.

Hopefully Cat's new chassis works out, unfortunately all our local Cat dealers have closed up shop. Closest one is 1.5 hrs away where I bought my Grandson's Z120, not a good sales experience and I wouldn't go there to piss in the toilet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

What has Polaris been innovative.... Ski-doo on the other hand has had some real innovations over the years the biggest imo being rider forward design that changed the entire sport forever.  😉

Tells a story when their biggest innovation was 20 years ago....

• Like 1

• Gold Member
27 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Tells a story when their biggest innovation was 20 years ago....

Ya it does even 20years later no one has even come close to a innovation that great that changed the entire game. Doo has done plenty shot and first turbo 2s in last couple years that I can think of. What has Polaris done except improve on doo’s innovation? 

58 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

So what’s something Polaris has done recently that was a game changer that doo didn’t do first? Should be easy to answer since they are so innovative right?

900R 2s :dunno:

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Then you don't know what the word innovative means.

I think its all of it, no worries stang I still think Cat is the best at ripping around a corner much better than the other two. Pretty innovative in my book.  

3 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I think its all of it, no worries stang I still think Cat is the best at ripping around a corner much better than the other two. Pretty innovative in my book.  

I'm just saying, being the best at something isn't necessarily innovative.

in·no·va·tive

/ˈinəˌvādiv/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

(of a product, idea, etc.) featuring new methods; advanced and original.

"innovative designs"

(of a person) introducing new ideas; original and creative in thinking.

"an innovative thinker"

And I saw snowtrax post that on FB.  They are sneaky at what they do it's obviously just bait to get people all riled up.  Obviously if you're a skidoo guy this would be "undisputed".  But if you're an American snowmobile fan this claim would be disputed.  So it is factually incorrect to say undisputed.