Trail Closure Wakefield Trail 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

I do think there are some people who buy properties up north and don't understand the significance of the revenue the snowmobilers provide the area.   They don't really care because their income doesn't depend on it.  Not saying this Mercer situation is the case but I hear about it in other trail systems. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I do think there are some people who buy properties up north and don't understand the significance of the revenue the snowmobilers provide the area.   They don't really care because their income doesn't depend on it.  Not saying this Mercer situation is the case but I hear about it in other trail systems. 

and there's tools like this one ... 

@Bontz is one of his subscribers

:lol:

(sorry I couldn't find his can justification video right away Chris, I know that's your favorite)

edit, found it :lolz: 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

41 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

most the douche bags don't have any skin in the game, unlike the locals, clubs and volunteers. 

Yep, the worst people are the ones that are in it for 3-4 years, then just get out.  And for some, when they stop snowmobiling the just don't care about the sport or landowners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yep, the worst people are the ones that are in it for 3-4 years, then just get out.  And for some, when they stop snowmobiling the just don't care about the sport or landowners.

see the video above... he's going to 'do what he wants'... and the classic 'but other people' defense.

• Platinum Contributing Member

People think installing a can is installing an exhaust? Wow...some peoples kids are dumb.

That kid is such a little dickhead and  prime example of why trails are getting closed. Hope you enjoy it with your noise maker while it last you little shit

Edited by Skidooski
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There is no commerce up there in the winter without snowmobilers. Many of the establishments just wouldn't exist without us. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Faggot ass Harley riders and their bullshit faggot pipes are 10x worse than faggot boondocking aledneck wannabees with their faggot Brap cans 

Alot of faggots to go around 

MERCER – Another potential snowmobile trail closure just before the winter season this one near Mercer. In a letter sent Monday to the Mercer Area Sno-goers from the Lambert Family the letter states that the owners of the property have endured noise of machines and trespassers not staying on the trail on the section of Trail 17 and Trail 12 which runs through their property just north of Mercer and as a result decided to close the trail. The letter also says the trail will remain open in the summer for UTV/ATV use. Locally last week the owners of the New Snowriver Mountain Resort decided to close a section of trail 2 through their property cutting off Wakefield from Bessemer and Ironwood via the trail system. The Gogebic Range Trail Authority will be meeting with a representative from the resort this week to see if a compromise is possible for that section of trail.

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Faggot ass Harley riders and their bullshit faggot pipes are 10x worse than faggot boondocking aledneck wannabees with their faggot Brap cans 

Only ones on public roads that don't need landowner permission.  I would not have a trail near my house since i an make that choice,  i listen to crotch rockets and harleys from the highway a mile away though because i have no chocie.  

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I hear 10-1 crotch rockets to Harley's at my local course which is in a "city." 

Smokers are all around here more than either of those - they love their diesel in MN and Sconnie.  

37 minutes ago, Anler said:

There is no commerce up there in the winter without snowmobilers. Many of the establishments just wouldn't exist without us. 

the XC skiers can fill the gap 

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

what's law enforcement doing about it... on public roads?

31 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Trail 12 and 17 out of Mercer will be closed now, Landowner issue. 

for those of you just joining us... scroll back a page

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the XC skiers can fill the gap 

what's law enforcement doing about it... on public roads?

for those of you just joining us... scroll back a page

Hey pull you're can off the sled, :lol2:  at work. 

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

(sorry I couldn't find his can justification video right away Chris, I know that's your favorite)

He’s not the only one so it’s fine don’t worry about it.

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What a fucking tool......

9 hours ago, Badger** said:

MERCER – Another potential snowmobile trail closure just before the winter season this one near Mercer. In a letter sent Monday to the Mercer Area Sno-goers from the Lambert Family the letter states that the owners of the property have endured noise of machines and trespassers not staying on the trail on the section of Trail 17 and Trail 12 which runs through their property just north of Mercer and as a result decided to close the trail. The letter also says the trail will remain open in the summer for UTV/ATV use. Locally last week the owners of the New Snowriver Mountain Resort decided to close a section of trail 2 through their property cutting off Wakefield from Bessemer and Ironwood via the trail system. The Gogebic Range Trail Authority will be meeting with a representative from the resort this week to see if a compromise is possible for that section of trail.

Jesus- closing those 2 trails north of Mercer is also bad. Both of those trails get heavy traffic and are significant connectors. This isn't as devastating as losing Trail 2 between Bessemer and Wakefield, but a bad deal for everyone in the area.....