Dark Brandon calling for death of republicans bears fruit

Snake

McHENRY, N.D. -- According to court papers, it was not an accident but apparently a politically motivated attack.

Prosecutors allege moments before he was killed, 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson called his mom to come rescue him because 41-year-old Shannon Brandt was chasing him in the city of McHenry, where the street dance had just wrapped up.

By the time she could get there, her son was dead.

Brandt was officially charged Monday with vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of a deadly accident.

"He was the one who called 911 to report the crash," said North Dakota Highway Patrol Capt. Bryan Niewind.

Court papers show Brandt called 911 around 2:30 a.m. Sunday and told the 911 dispatcher that he just hit Ellingson, claiming the teen was part of a Republican extremist group and was calling people to come get Brandt after a political argument.

Police say Brandt was drunk when he hit and killed Ellingson with his SUV.

A judge ordered Brandt held on $50,000, which he objected, saying he's not a flight risk.

"I have a job, a life and a house and things I don't want to see go by the wayside -- family that are very important to me," Brandt told the judge.

https://www.wctrib.com/news/north-dakota/police-driver-admitted-to-intentionally-killing-teen-at-north-dakota-street-dance-after-political-dispute

• Sad 1