New beginnings

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We listed the house end of May and did alot of decluttering and packing and headed to Nova Scotia for the summer. Four weeks ago we got an offer and headed home to finish packing what was left. This Sunday the moving truck is loading everything and as soon as they're done we're doing the let's get the fuck out of Ontario. We have a townhouse rented till our new house gets built that's starting in the spring. In the meantime we'll still use the motorhome ,pontoon and dock which is only 8 minutes to the rental.

Congrats.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Congrats on the sale. I let go of my place over a year ago. Made a killing on it. My daughter sold her place for a 1/2 million more than was paid just a few years ago. If you’re going to sell, now is the time. 

We did pretty good! We paid $249K 8 years ago  and sold for just under $800K.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

We listed the house end of May and did alot of decluttering and packing and headed to Nova Scotia for the summer. Four weeks ago we got an offer and headed home to finish packing what was left. This Sunday the moving truck is loading everything and as soon as they're done we're doing the let's get the fuck out of Ontario. We have a townhouse rented till our new house gets built that's starting in the spring. In the meantime we'll still use the motorhome ,pontoon and dock which is only 8 minutes to the rental.

Congrats George :bc: as you know I LOVE Nova Scotia!!! What a beautiful place to retire.

5 hours ago, smokin george said:

4 hours ago, smokin george said:

We did pretty good! We paid $249K 8 years ago  and sold for just under $800K.

Awesome news, George! :bc:

Looking forward to reading the updates and seeing the pics as things come together. 

• Thanks 1

The moving truck showed up today instead of tomorrow which is ok. I rented a U-haul truck knowing there was no way to get a 53 ft trailer up the driveway. They loaded the truck up and are transferring it on the trailer. The house is almost empty and some more in the garage and they'll be done. There's only 2 guys and they've done alot in 4.5 hours. Most of that time was wrapping all the furniture etc. 

5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

@smokin georgethis doesn't sound to good!!!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFdLj34a/

We put alot of stuff away getting ready. The pontoon is out of the water and we"ll take the umbrellas and chairs off the dock. We'll put the slideouts in on the motorhome and hopefully that'll do. We're gonna spend the night at our rental and hope it goes past our area

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

We put alot of stuff away getting ready. The pontoon is out of the water and we"ll take the umbrellas and chairs off the dock. We'll put the slideouts in on the motorhome and hopefully that'll do. We're gonna spend the night at our rental and hope it goes past our area

Crossing fingers for you.

Yeah you’re on the south shore, might want to get the candles out 

I was home for a couple of wks, just got back to Ontario a day ago.

weather was hot for the most part with the odd shower, went to lunenburg and mahone bay

Edited by toslow

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Is that the lead meteorologist up that way?:lol:

:lol:

I have no idea. He's autistic and has been doing weather reports for alot of places for years.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 2:09 PM, smokin george said:

Was going to do the same....list house and retire earlier this spring.

Glad I didn't, just heard we are getting a $300 per month bump in pension starting 1/1/23........plan on retiring and selling house next spring/early summer.......Im in no rush.

18 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Glad I didn't, just heard we are getting a $300 per month bump in pension starting 1/1/23........plan on retiring and selling house next spring/early summer.......Im in no rush.

I need to get the kids out on their own first, I’m hoping another couple of yrs and I’m packing it in. 

looking to sell my house and keep my property up northern Ontario. Plans are to be snowbirds 

Edited by toslow
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

We've been retired about 3 years and have no family left in Ont that matter and the grandkids are a short walk from our property. We decided to go for it after alot of thought and planning. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, toslow said:

Yeah you’re on the south shore, might want to get the candles out 

I was home for a couple of wks, just got back to Ontario a day ago.

weather was hot for the most part with the odd shower, went to lunenburg and mahone bay

We have a generator in the motorhome lol.