POR-15.

spin_dry

3 minutes ago, stealth bomber said:

What are you using it on?  I bought some but ended up taking it back after reading mixed reviews.  Some say it’s great but others say it’s too stiff and can delaminate from the surface and allow rust between the coating and metal.  I just went with regular rust paint.

A556613D-3F29-4833-8C7A-1605B48B5948.jpeg

Inner fender and rusted areas under wheel arch molding. I’ll treat it with RP-342. I’ve had really good results with that coating 

• Gold Member

If you do use it wear long sleeve shirt and gloves if any gets on your skin it takes weeks to come off. It also has no uv protection so top coat if it will see sun light. I like Eastwoods rust encapsulater better.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

If you do use it wear long sleeve shirt and gloves if any gets on your skin it takes weeks to come off. It also has no uv protection so top coat if it will see sun light. I like Eastwoods rust encapsulater better.

X2, especially on the gloves.  Ask me how I know.  

• Like 1

don't get it in your hair either. i did under an old truck i had, put my head back on the ground , not realizing it had dripped. i had stones and por15. real close haircut to remedy. hands took weeks. wurth makes a similar product. i use fluid film under my entire truck for winter , done every october.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Going to be using it for the first time. Any tips? 

Don't wear rubber gloves, only pussys wear rubber gloves when working on a car..

:ashamed:

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Inner fender and rusted areas under wheel arch molding. I’ll treat it with RP-342. I’ve had really good results with that coating 

Rust  ?  I thought you just got that transit?  Has it even seen snow and salt ? 

• Thanks 1

I bought a can of the POR 15 and some cheap brushes. I used some of it a couple times and the 3rd time ( not long after) the shit went solid in the can. I bought another can this summer and made sure to do what I had to do all in a day. I'll check the can in the shed next week and if it's gone rock hard it'll be the last time I buy it. A can is like $80 here

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I bought a can of the POR 15 and some cheap brushes. I used some of it a couple times and the 3rd time ( not long after) the shit went solid in the can. I bought another can this summer and made sure to do what I had to do all in a day. I'll check the can in the shed next week and if it's gone rock hard it'll be the last time I buy it. A can is like $80 here

We use it here and there at the shop and we’ve found if you poke two holes with a screw driver in the lid pour out what you need in a cup it seems to last little longer. One hole pour out of and other is vent then put two screws in the holes with the por sealing the screws threads it seems to last little longer than just cracking the entire lid but if it does sit long enough it’ll completely harden.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

We use it here and there at the shop and we’ve found if you poke two holes with a screw driver in the lid pour out what you need in a cup it seems to last little longer. One hole pour out of and other is vent then put two screws in the holes with the por sealing the screws threads it seems to last little longer than just cracking the entire lid but it’s if it does sit long enough it’ll completely harden.

That's a great idea! I never thought of something like that.