Ski doo production and delivery falling further behind

krom

https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/resources/delivery-update.html

Not only are tether cords for last years sleds pushed to October... 

• Delivery Delays: Some units initially planned for November or December will now roll into January 2023.
  • Missing Components: Some units might also be shipped with missing components, but we are doing everything we can to reduce additional delays.
  • Feature Adjustments: Summit Edge, Summit SP and Backcountry X/X-RS will only be available with an electric start due to the limited availability of SHOT and manual start for those models. If you pre-ordered one of these units, your dealer will contact you shortly to provide a detailed update. We apologize for adjusting some of these orders, but this is the best option to get as many riders on the snow as soon as possible this winter.

I'm not too surprised.

I've seen amazing amounts of inventory sitting in holding lots for Ag manufacturers.  Autos are in the same boat.  All waiting for little parts.

I'd hate to be a component buyer for anyone in manufacturing nowadays.  That used to be relatively simple.  Talk to the list of suppliers and negotiate the details.  Now, you have to find someone that can even supply the parts before negotiating details.

The realistic manufacturing companies have been laying out long extended timelines for specific components held up by supply shortages.  I think Doo is late to the game with their "Over Promise, Under Deliver" OPUDer, policy.  These timelines existed long before they took orders.

• Like 2

In August of 21 I ordered a Sea Doo RXT 300x. Shipped in May of 2022. Sat at dealer till first week of August waiting for the display screen to show up. The GTX 300 I also ordered showed up mid August, told them to pound sand on that one and got my deposit back. Dealer told me at time of pick up on the RXT they already had some customers bailing on their 2023 Ski Doo orders. Now with financing becoming more expensive and the economy poised to decline wondering how many more folks across all TOY (sled, ATV, Boat, etc)  sectors will bail or hold off on buying till better times.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The pick up I order in April of 2021 still isn’t here. It was built the week of June 6 and is held up in a shipping yard in Texas 

May be occupied by immigrants by now.

• Haha 1

there's an enormous difference between chips for cars, trucks, sleds, etc. and those used in modern electronics like your phone or laptop.  

this was my favorite ironic story of the chip shortage.

https://jalopnik.com/gm-is-using-a-shuttered-microchip-plant-to-store-thousa-1847997525

just in time manufacturing, off shoring for cheap labor... Etc 

:lol:

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's an enormous difference between chips for cars, trucks, sleds, etc. and those used in modern electronics like your phone or laptop.  

this was my favorite ironic story of the chip shortage.

https://jalopnik.com/gm-is-using-a-shuttered-microchip-plant-to-store-thousa-1847997525

just in time manufacturing, off shoring for cheap labor... Etc 

:lol:

The auto industry uses really old stuff in the terms of chips, so they can buy them at commodity style pricing.  This means there is no chance any company is going to build a new factory, or add any capacity at an existing factory for those sku's.  the chip fabs would rather use their limited resources on products that are actually profitable.

On 9/14/2022 at 9:17 AM, mnstang said:

Yeah well my 05 mach Z has been sitting at the dealer still since 2005, they can't fix it despite my massive TNW and masculine, not-gay demeanor.

Quality poast :bc:

I was talking to a Doo dealer at our land owners luncheon yesterday, and he said they are getting sleds missing a few parts here and there, and usually get said parts within a week or two and install them at that time.  

I have no idea on the validity of that, just what he was telling us.

16 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I was talking to a Doo dealer at our land owners luncheon yesterday, and he said they are getting sleds missing a few parts here and there, and usually get said parts within a week or two and install them at that time.  

I have no idea on the validity of that, just what he was telling us.

Krom the janitor at Arctic cat will say different.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Doug said:

At least there's no delays to make it a 2024 model year with only a 600cc motor.

Guys will be riding CATalyst sleds long before doo buyers get the the one they ordered in Feb....

Hell, I might even have one of my own, if they build any to ship to dealers.

• Haha 1