I will never forget.

SkisNH

Standing in my transmission shop, My buddy stopped in and told me a plane crashed into the tower.

I had a tv in the waiting room and turned it on to watch. Then the second plane hit. Could not believe it was happening.

was more like a movie. The world changed forever for me that day as every brown skinned person became a suspect and suspicious 

14 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

It is...but I remember exactly where I was when I heard the first plane hit. 

Me too. I was at a trade show in Manchester. Everyone was out in the hotel lobby watching it live on Good Morning America. As soon as we saw the second plane hit we all knew that we were being attacked.

9 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

It is...but I remember exactly where I was when I heard the first plane hit. 

I was at work (Nuke plant) when my foreman received a call from his wife. We had no access to a T.V. nor a radio so everything came through her. We sat looking south across Lake Ontario and all said to each other, that really isn't all that far away. Needless to say it was a very somber day and hard to concentrate on our work. My son had just been born in June so I managed to call my wife as she was home with him and she told me she couldn't believe what she was seeing on T.V. Lots of misinformation, of course, at that time, and every bit my wife heard freaked her out a little bit more. Like her, we were also concerned working at a Nuke plant even though we were in Canada. We just assumed, in order to create the most damage/disruption, Nuke plants might also be a target? 

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was very surreal just watching it unfold on live TV.

I slept late that day because I had to go register a truck that I had bought. My wife woke me up and told me that a plan hit WTC. Then, as we watched, the second plane hit. Went to the DMV and everyone was lined up in the hallway watching it on TV, including one of my best friends, a local cop.

Drove to work (about 30 mins away) and listened the whole way. Got to work and everyone was glued to the TV. The next several months were the same. We were lucky to get 3-4 customers a day which was unusual at an HD Shop.

Still difficult to believe, even after all that's happened. My kids were born (twins) almost a year later. I've always tried to show them what it was like, but they don't understand. They are both going into the fire service.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

20 yrs later ...the Taliban/Al Queda are providing protection for us- as we leave with our tail between our legs & they have 86B worth of bounty. 

biden-fails.gif.fdaec4890aff04f6a905ccf80a4fccf7.gif

And that has what to do with anything? Glad we are out of that shithole….shame we didn’t go after the country behind the attacks.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

2 hours ago, toslow said:

Standing in my transmission shop, My buddy stopped in and told me a plane crashed into the tower.

I had a tv in the waiting room and turned it on to watch. Then the second plane hit. Could not believe it was happening.

was more like a movie. The world changed forever for me that day as every brown skinned person became a suspect and suspicious 

everything I ever needed to know about Islam I learned on that day, fuck those sand rats hope they are eradicated from the face of the earth

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Forrest said:

I was on a comercial airplane heading north too pa.

Landed in North Carolina before anyone knew. Called my wife we talked. She knew what was coming next. Week later col. Faller called asked me to come back. I was separated for 8 years or so. 3 months later Afghanistan. By 03 I'd made 3 trips neurological exam took myself and several others out. Total combat deployments 4 dessert storm was the first.

It's been over the last 15 years I've paid heavily. Things are starting to work out normally again.

Thank you for your service.

• Like 1