2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I thought the poo would be lighter than the Doo....

according to both manufacturers specifications... no? 

but... Polaris has gone to e-start on all of their consumer models for 2024.  in the past I'm nearly certain they listed the dry weight of the non e-start in the specs.

the SkiDoo weight variations are a little strange as the major difference between their trim levels are shocks.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mnstang said:

It's not even a thing, they have no kit to sell.  They want deposit money now to reserve a kit that currently does not exist.

They’ve been hill climbing the turbo, according to what I saw.  Are they racing it at Jackson Hole?

I’ve known about this project since January.  At that time, the hill climb guys were testing it.  I heard a hp number much higher than what people are speculating here, but since Ibexx doesn’t say, I don’t know if that number is reliable or not.

49 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

They’ve been hill climbing the turbo, according to what I saw.  Are they racing it at Jackson Hole?

I’ve known about this project since January.  At that time, the hill climb guys were testing it.  I heard a hp number much higher than what people are speculating here, but since Ibexx doesn’t say, I don’t know if that number is reliable or not.

what it can produce (full tilt for racing or dyno) and what they would sell customers (so they don't blow their shit apart) may be two completely different numbers in production form... imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what it can produce (full tilt for racing or dyno) and what they would sell customers (so they don't blow their shit apart) may be two completely different numbers in production form... imo

There was talk about this project 3 or 4 years ago.

Most of us assumed it just got shelved

487lbs... take (what % are they saying?) ?% off of that and there's the hypothetical weight of the 2024 RXC 137 without electric start. 

https://www.snowmobile.com/specs/arctic-cat/trail/2021/zr-6000/r-xc-137.html

I'm thinking they might come in around 450lbs-ish in production.  

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

487lbs... take (what % are they saying?) ?% off of that and there's the hypothetical weight of the 2024 RXC 137 without electric start. 

https://www.snowmobile.com/specs/arctic-cat/trail/2021/zr-6000/r-xc-137.html

I'm thinking they might come in around 450lbs-ish in production.  

You won’t believe this crash I had today on the sled. Well I had the side panels leaned up against the wall in my garage. I must have knocked one them over and ran the son of bitch over 2 times. Those panels are tough as it isn’t torn up to bad. And that does not count the first time it was hit by a car.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

You won’t believe this crash I had today on the sled. Well I had the side panels leaned up against the wall in my garage. I must have knocked one them over and ran the son of bitch over 2 times. Those panels are tough as it isn’t torn up to bad. And that does not count the first time it was hit by a car.  

you should have taken a stack of those Catalyst stickers to cover up scratches.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:52 AM, racinfarmer said:

I guess I could see it.  I've watched far too many people, many of whom should know better, ram those in with a 1/2" impact and 59,628 ung-dungas.  

Welcome to the dark side.  How often do you ride your Redline?  I thought about buying one of the ones that was for sale in AK last year, but axed that idea quickly as it was a beer fueled weak point that afternoon.  

I ride the Redline every winter. I've owned it for almost 12 years (?). Those AK sleds have been bought and now reside in the Midwest. I've met several of the new owners. They are incomplete. Missing exhausts, windshields, handlebar pads, etc. These guys are having everything produced to bring them on the trails for next season. 

On 3/19/2023 at 12:26 PM, Premium said:

Cool piece of snowmobile history you have there!  When I watched that vid it kinda sounded like the engine wasn't revving out like it should? Did you have to get an exhaust fabricated for it? I believe I read somewhere many of the few that were shipped had no exhaust.

The sled revs out fine. The conditions don't always allow fast runnin'. I'm either using a phone or Commodore camera. Gotta get a GoPro for next season. I'm looking at an InstaCam360 also. I've tried using the stock exhaust (it cracks), the F7 exhaust (choked its performance too much). The exhaust I made for it works the best right now. The guys from the AK purchase are having new exhaust systems created. That'll be interesting to see how the sled performs with those in place. Most of the 59 sleds produced were missing exhaust systems. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 11:49 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm sure it does... but I stand by my aesthetic commentary.

Care to tell us more about it, as I respect what they were attempting to do.  

The sleds are crazy looking in-person. Like Ducati-ish in style. It's a big , heavy sled the inspires confidence. The suspension makes it feel like it's floating. It doesn't turn sharply, wide turns are the norm. It lacks vibration from the engine due to being isolated from the chassis. It's more of a sprinter than it is a high-speed Missle. The gearing dictates that. It's more of a toy than a cross-country cruiser (like a dirt bike).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Litre1000 said:

The sled revs out fine. The conditions don't always allow fast runnin'. I'm either using a phone or Commodore camera. Gotta get a GoPro for next season. I'm looking at an InstaCam360 also. I've tried using the stock exhaust (it cracks), the F7 exhaust (choked its performance too much). The exhaust I made for it works the best right now. The guys from the AK purchase are having new exhaust systems created. That'll be interesting to see how the sled performs with those in place. Most of the 59 sleds produced were missing exhaust systems. 

I would think getting an exhaust for the thing would be a pretty easy project. You would need to get the sled to a pipe builder like jawz and fork over some cash 

13 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I would think getting an exhaust for the thing would be a pretty easy project. You would need to get the sled to a pipe builder like jawz and fork over some cash 

One of the other Redline owners has tried to reach out to JAWS for assistance. They declined...

49 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

If nobody else makes a pipe for it who will Rich make a video about saying how stupid and underpowered everyone else is?

know anyone else who would take that project on and do it right?  cuz I don't.  

he's a loon in my opinion, but he also did D&D's pipes for ages to my knowledge so that's worth something.