2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

45 minutes ago, AK440 said:

They might bridge bumps a little better for a year or two until the majority of sleds are the 136-137 length and then the bump spacing will become wider. At some point the 121 will ride better as it can be jumped from bump to bump. Probably when 144-146” becomes the new thing because “it  offers even better off trail capability and the ride and handling on the trail isn’t compromised by the slightly longer skid’s bump bridging ability”.

additional weight and rotating mass ... no thanks.  this said an extra bar or row or two of studs aids in traction or stopping.  but, a 128 2.52p has just as many bars on the ground as a 137 2.86p... and the tracks weigh the same. 

I look forward to trying the 137 'Lysp at the first opportunity though. 

Longer tracks do not bridge bumps fucking a do people still think this??  Holy crap.  One of the dumber things I've ever heard sledders say and that includes actr and other FB groups

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Longer tracks do not bridge bumps fucking a do people still think this??  Holy crap.  One of the dumber things I've ever heard sledders say and that includes actr and other FB groups

yes, they do.

if I had to purchase a new sled right now it'd likely be an RXC 129, 650 XCR 128 or Lynx Enduro (which we can't get)... Poo 600 Cross Country 136 which actually has tipped rails so it handles like a 128.

bUT, tHE 136&137 bRidgE dA BumPs beTTA  :crazy:

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Sure they do ... don't you know when the trails are all beat to hell and they're mogul'd up, those moguls are spaced just perfectly by the extra 4" to 8" that a longer track has on the ground??? LOL :roflcrying:

• Sad 1

in addition... why does Polaris suggest to their own racers to switch their 136" 600R race sled to 128" rails for Enduro racing?  

part # 2-0717004 - 128" Soo Rails, custom

https://cdn1.polaris.com/globalassets/snow/root/team-polaris/racer-resources/enduro/parts-and-kits/2021-soo-500-kit-2.pdf?v=89142f52

but I digress, as I'm certain the average schmuck riding on public trails rides quite differently than professional racers do and have some mystical bump bridging sixth sense racers and engineers can't discern.

4f39b5d5e54411243ff710c067bd9a93.gif

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Sure they do ... don't you know when the trails are all beat to hell and they're mogul'd up, those moguls are spaced just perfectly by the extra 4" to 8" that a longer track has on the ground??? LOL :roflcrying:

I mean they should just take off all suspension and bolt rails right to the tunnel because then their e starts could be mounted without a weight penalty.  Win win no bumps and they don't need their wife to start it for them 

A 136 rides noticeably different than a 121 through the whoops. The difference between a 128 and a 136 isn’t as noticeable. I think the concept of “bridging bumps” is flawed but makes for a good mental image. The biggest difference I’ve noticed with a 128 and especially the 136 when compared to a 121 is the length of time the track stays in contact with the ground propelling you forward through big whoops. The longer track can dig into both the bottom of the whoop and up its face to help get you over the next one.

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

A 136 rides noticeably different than a 121 through the whoops. The difference between a 128 and a 136 isn’t as noticeable. I think the concept of “bridging bumps” is flawed but makes for a good mental image. The biggest difference I’ve noticed with a 128 and especially the 136 when compared to a 121 is the length of time the track stays in contact with the ground propelling you forward through big whoops. The longer track can dig into both the bottom of the whoop and up its face to help get you over the next one.

Tip, you shouldn't be hitting the bottom of a whoop.  But I'll pass your info along to Herf 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Tip, you shouldn't be hitting the bottom of a whoop.  But I'll pass your info along to Herf 

Uh huh. Post up a link to your badass whoop riding techniques. I’m sure many USXC and Iron Dog racers are looking for some pointers in the huge, sled swallowing whoops that form in a rough XC race with deep snow. 

Seriously, I want to see your super human ability to ride those kind of whoops at speed. 🙄

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

5 hours ago, AK440 said:

Uh huh. Post up a link to your badass whoop riding techniques. I’m sure many USXC and Iron Dog racers are looking for some pointers in the huge, sled swallowing whoops that form in a rough XC race with deep snow. 

Seriously, I want to see your super human ability to ride those kind of whoops at speed. 🙄

depends what kind of whoops were talking about.  see above. 

also, when you see video of sleds going through whoops or chop you're seeing the suspension drop due to shock rebound settings.  idk about you but I don't want my suspension compressed at the bottom of a whoop or hole... or to get your track packed.

see this video...   https://youtu.be/iiH-cIRec6Q

18 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Lol, bridging bumps.  Grab the fucking throttle and stop riding like a pussy

You must not spend much time on Facebook where the morons sing the praises of an extra few inches of track on the ground... but I've seen it on HCS and other sites... so it must be true?  :dunno:

:roflcrying:

back to the Cata'lysp... I wonder what changes they've made to the skid and if they are utilizing some of the front arm specs and geometry from the RXC or the SX sled which uses a 136" track.  any thoughts @racinfarmer @teamgreen02or @Premium

granted most RXC's (except 2020's) are 129's but watch at the 3:00 mark...

edit... the longer front arm mentioned above from what I found in the parts fiche was only utilized on the following models.  so, maybe there's hope for the old slide action skid moving forward.  

2019 ZR 6000 R XC GREEN (S2019ACDCCUSG) - Rear Suspension Front Arm Assembly

2020 ZR 6000 R XC GREEN (S2020ACDCCUSG) - Rear Suspension Front Arm Assembly

2021 ZR 6000 R SX GREEN (S2021ACDPRUSG) - Rear Suspension Front Arm Assembly

2021 ZR 6000 R XC BLACK (S2021ACDRXUSB) - Rear Suspension Front Arm Assembly

2022 ZR 6000 R SX GREEN (S2022ACDPRUSG) - Rear Suspension Front Arm Assembly

2022 ZR 6000 R XC BLACK (S2022ACDRXUSB) - Rear Suspension Front Arm Assembly

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

back to the Cata'lysp... I wonder what changes they've made to the skid and if they are utilizing some of the front arm specs and geometry from the RXC or the SX sled which uses a 136" track.  any thoughts @racinfarmer @teamgreen02or @Premium

granted most RXC's (except 2020's) are 129's but watch at the 3:00 mark...

There is a picture of the procross overlaid with a catalyst, and the suspension arms/mounting points outlined in different colors so you can see the differences.

Ofcourse I cant find it right now....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, krom said:

There is a picture of the procross overlaid with a catalyst, and the suspension arms/mounting points outlined in different colors so you can see the differences.

Of course I cant find it right now....

mr-bean-checking-time.gif

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

mr-bean-checking-time.gif

You should be able to find it.  Hell it might be in this thread already, I'm starting to get old and forget where I put shit.

but front suspension geometry has changed, and so have both front and rear arms in the skid

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, AK440 said:

" i nEeDz a sTeEl fRaMeD fAcToRy sNoWbIKe fEr dA iRoN dOg wHoOpZ" !!

"iTz dA fUtUrE" !!! 

:mc:

77AC851E-6568-4848-9FEB-61BA558B6AFD.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

Lol a link to my techniques?  I'm not an online riding coach so I don't have a link to my techniques.

But you go ahead and keep thinking you should be at the bottom of a whoop if it makes you feel better.

Pro racers do not need my advice and I never claimed that they did.  What I've said here is nothing revolutionary, you're just being sensitive and are digging a hole deeper by doing what you're doing.  Funny, all the cat racers have stayed with the 129.

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Lol a link to my techniques?  I'm not an online riding coach so I don't have a link to my techniques.

But you go ahead and keep thinking you should be at the bottom of a whoop if it makes you feel better.

Pro racers do not need my advice and I never claimed that they did.  What I've said here is nothing revolutionary, you're just being sensitive and are digging a hole deeper by doing what you're doing.  Funny, all the cat racers have stayed with the 129.

No No No ....You gotta start at the bottom of the whoop and ride all the up to the top of the whoop. Then you get propelled ! 

Thats the fastest way. Seen it in the iron dog , come on man! 

:shutup: