2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

13 hours ago, krom said:

One more thing you have wrong:  Cat won the case in the USA, and should have in canaderp, if not for their bullshit home cooking  legal system.  Don't forget cat won a ton of $$ from BRP for seadoo stealing a tigershark patent.

The "home cooking" was done in the good old USA. 

But you can't see that cause you're a fucking moron!

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I get that the shock will work, regardless of position ... but to 99% of us, it looks like shitty quality when a shock "appears" to be upside down.  If it works either way, why not mount it the way most people expect it to be mounted?  Then again, maybe most people don't even realize it in the first place :dontknow:

It takes a keen and observant mind to notice silly little things like shocks being on upside down from preproduction to actual production.  

Case in point...

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/front-shocks-on-upside-down.1839470/

;)

In other news...

I'm wondering if they are going to take my prior suggestions of dumping the entire RR (racer replica) horseshit and only offer an RXC 600 & 800+ as Polaris does with the XCR and Doo does with the MXZ.  Make e-start an option and not a requirement please.   

Then, a base model with simple ifp shocks... Cougar?  And, a 'limited' model with iact or whatever they call the adjust on the fly shocks, all the bells and whistles... Panther... or maybe the Garfield for all the fat inactive riders?   :roflcrying:

Cat names...? :dunno:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, krom said:

you'll be able to ride one, long before lots of people get the 2023 doo they ordered.

How exactly is Textron planning on shipping 24's before doo or poo ship their 23's? 

Besides holding onto this chassis forever they are now using a 600 only approach at launch to insure they only get a small number of orders - that is, once it can actually be ordered.  I'm sure hardcore mountain mashers are on pins and needles waiting for a 600cc deep snow sled.

Aside from Heidi's astute observation that cat's core does not want high performance this is my guess....

1.  Time from these 3D printed display models to full production for 24' is going to be a tough hurdle to get over in this sourcing environment.  It will be a massive feat if they launch this with a modern gauge package.  Something that is now considered standard equipment.

2.  Current 800cc and 998T motors will not fit in the chassis so either clean sheet engine designs or significant chassis mods will be needed.  Neither of which will be simple for textron as the current "new" 800cc motor is now how old?  This also makes more sense as to why Yammi is likely no longer a partner.  Where is the new 4 stroke turbo coming from?  The 850 or 900 smoker? A smoker turbo?

Textron is so far behind the curve at the moment it is going to take years to simply catch up to what other sledders already ordered last Spring.    

5 hours ago, jdsky said:

How exactly is Textron planning on shipping 24's before doo or poo ship their 23's? 

Besides holding onto this chassis forever they are now using a 600 only approach at launch to insure they only get a small number of orders - that is, once it can actually be ordered.  I'm sure hardcore mountain mashers are on pins and needles waiting for a 600cc deep snow sled.

Aside from Heidi's astute observation that cat's core does not want high performance this is my guess....

1.  Time from these 3D printed display models to full production for 24' is going to be a tough hurdle to get over in this sourcing environment.  It will be a massive feat if they launch this with a modern gauge package.  Something that is now considered standard equipment.

2.  Current 800cc and 998T motors will not fit in the chassis so either clean sheet engine designs or significant chassis mods will be needed.  Neither of which will be simple for textron as the current "new" 800cc motor is now how old?  This also makes more sense as to why Yammi is likely no longer a partner.  Where is the new 4 stroke turbo coming from?  The 850 or 900 smoker? A smoker turbo?

Textron is so far behind the curve at the moment it is going to take years to simply catch up to what other sledders already ordered last Spring.    

Way to point out that you are clueless....

Current 800 fits just fine, but they didn't want to spend the money to tool for intake/exhaust/mounts, calibration, epa approval, etc. because as they've already said a few hundred times there is a bigger than 800 2 stroke coming for 2025.  Since you don't seem to know anything at all about the topic, it will be 860 cc.

You're ASSUMING that the prototypes have 3d parts because they just started the design, and don't have tooling started yet. 

Sleds on display had new gauges in them, new gauge has been in development for a while, several spy shots of them out and about testing on snow, and dirt

Patents for a new rear skid, and turbo 2 stroke have been filed and approved.

They will be touring the country doing demo rides,

Edited by krom

Just now, krom said:

Current 800 fits just fine, but they didn't want to spend the money to tool for intake/exhaust/mounts, calibration, epa approval, etc. because as they've already said a few hundred times there is a bigger than 800 2 stroke coming for 2025.  Since you don't seem to know anything at all about the topic, it will be 860 cc.

When the Catalyst was released they said a bigger than the 600 will be coming out.  I haven't seen where they've stated more.  Curious where this is sourced in particular on the 860 part.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

When the Catalyst was released they said a bigger than the 600 will be coming out.  I haven't seen where they've stated more.  Curious where this is sourced in particular on the 860 part.

Troy and heidi both said bigger than 800 for 2025.  I didn't realize that not everyone knew the displacement....

Edited by krom

6 minutes ago, krom said:

Troy and heidi both said bigger than 800 for 2025.  I didn't realize that not everyone knew the displacement....

What I read was bigger displacement than the 600.  Obviously it was stated in a way to imply bigger than 800, but thought maybe it was another let down upcoming.

Hadn't watched the video yet...just did.  Just had seen the excerpt. Wow does she not know her customer base.  They are scared by big powerful machines, rofl.

All I heard on cc was referring to the upcoming mountain offerings where she said

"you get big bore, you get turbo" which is what I read before. An 800 could be considered a big bore...

Real interested in the 860.  The Catalyst solves all my problems with the ProCross...if it rides like I expect it will.

Edited by Deephaven

Don't sell Heidi short.  I think she really knows what her customers want.  Something not too intimidating.

Krom definitely would have done a better job on that podcast.  Hell, any sledder older than 15 could have come up with a better release plan for that new chassis. 

The diehards have already waited this long, they could have waited another year or two for a proper launch with an 850 or 860 or anything but a reworked run of the mill 600 in it.  

Just now, Deephaven said:

Perhaps...but I bet in year one it leapfrogs the twitchy midget friendly Doo assuming they didn't flop on the 600.  As for the upcoming big bore, we will see.  Hope we aren't disappointed 

:roflcrying:

1 hour ago, krom said:

At the shows this fall Troy, and everyone else in the booth was saying bigger than 800 for 2025. 

Ah, everything in writing so far that I've seen published just said big bore...the 800 is a big bore, so worst case they are just reworking the 8 to make it fit, but your news sounds better.

48 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

LMFAO now we are into 2025 before Cat launches their new engine. Poo and Doo will be onto the next latest and greatest by then. So again, like the Ctec POS 800, Cat will be launching another out of date engine. Brilliant fucking company.

yeah, well...

I got nuthin

:lolz:

• Like 1

Spoke with a cat engineer this summer that also said there is something bigger coming, or at least is in the works.  He also said it'd only be a 600 the first year and in the r-xc so he was right about that when nobody else was saying that.

On 10/25/2022 at 5:10 PM, krom said:

You're ASSUMING that the prototypes have 3d parts because they just started the design, and don't have tooling started yet. 

Sleds on display had new gauges in them, new gauge has been in development for a while, several spy shots of them out and about testing on snow, and dirt

Patents for a new rear skid, and turbo 2 stroke have been filed and approved.

They will be touring the country doing demo rides,

Sounds as if it would fit just fine....

• Haha 1