2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

19 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The mileage magically dropped over the last 8 years from when I had it. It must be from the and amsoil that has been exclusively run in it. Someone at some point put the time into changing the speedo, replacing the missing/wrecked graphics and recoated the rails/spindles.  How I know it was my old sled. It still has the holes in the bumper I drilled for a bag, it still has the multiple bag mounts on the tunnel sides for the original bag, it has the big scratch on the running board brace from when I flipped it on cement, it has the grip tape on top of the tunnel I installed to cover 6 holes I blasted in it to mount a rack, and has the incorrect skis for the sled I bought cheap to sell the sled with. I think the skis were off a 2011 or 2012 lxr. I would find it hard to believe there are 2 2014 rr out there with the same features. This is the second time I have seen it for sale in 8 years. I think the person that is selling it now has no idea the speedo was flipped because it had about the same amount of mileage on it when I sold it. 

I like all the sno-x and XC sleds that are never raced.

On 5/4/2023 at 11:33 PM, ZR6000RR said:

Completed my sale of my 2018 ZR6000ES. $8,000.00. Could have gotten more. Cats hold there resale really well!

I have my girlfriends 19 limited with extras and 1600 miles on it up for 8500 and zero interest lol. 

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I have my girlfriends 19 limited with extras and 1600 miles on it up for 8500 and zero interest lol. 

Depends on where you are from. This was the sled my bride rode, and I also let friends ride it. She does not ride that much. I will put her on my Catalyst next winter when she rides and I will ride my 22. Took me one text to sell my 18. 

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I like all the sno-x and XC sleds that are never raced.

I have seen my friends old sno cross sled for a sale few times as a “never raced” by whoever has it now. It still has the original wrap with his sponsors on it from when he raced it lol

34 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have seen my friends old sno cross sled for a sale few times as a “never raced” by whoever has it now. It still has the original wrap with his sponsors on it from when he raced it lol

When I see one of my old sleds for sale as "never raced", especially by the person I sold it to, I call those cunts out.   

5 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

When I see one of my old sleds for sale as "never raced", especially by the person I sold it to, I call those cunts out.   

I personally would rather buy a sled from someone that raced the fucked out of it than a 3rd owner claiming never raced. The racer would have fixed everything that was broke before the last race it was run in and they can tell you the last time the engine was opened up. 

We bought a sled from Tim Tremblay that he told us it had never been raced but he also said that it was his practice sled that probably got beat worse than his race one. Stand up guy.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:02 PM, ZR6000RR said:

4 ctec 600's. Zero issues. Friends poo's. Lots and lots of cranks. No zuki 500's left in the 3 clubs I partake in. Not many zukes period. 

Another failed ctech. I can find more pics on my phone of other ones too if you want. This Sled was ridden by his wife 

received_546329001042506.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I can see that.  Women have always preferred real men and not those who ride those.

Here is a breakdown:

x2 2014 - 2 raced

x4 2015 - 2 raced, 2 trail/ditch ridden, 1x 9500 miles (new engine at 7500), 1x 10,500 (no rebuild), 1x bought blown up at 3000 miles raced

3x 2016 - 2 raced, 1 trail 5000 miles (no rebuild)

2x 2017 - 2 raced

2x 2018 - 2 raced

2x 2019 - 2 raced

1x 2020 - 0 raced

0x 2021 - 0 raced

1x 2022 - 1 raced

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Over a dozen CTEC 600's and no dropped skirts, yet.

This 1 had 5800 on it. Just bad luck i think. Guys wife rode it all weekend no issues, 12 yr old kid rode it 1 lap around the house and said it sounded funny. Starting the kid out the right way lol

17 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

This 1 had 5800 on it. Just bad luck i think. Guys wife rode it all weekend no issues, 12 yr old kid rode it 1 lap around the house and said it sounded funny. Starting the kid out the right way lol

My bud dropped a skirt in his 16 XF at like 1500 miles.  He worked for Cat at the time, so it cost him nothing.

We've done what seems like everything else to the 6000's, but most mostly crack pistons and drop lower con-rod bearnings.

44 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Here is a breakdown:

x2 2014 - 2 raced

x4 2015 - 2 raced, 2 trail/ditch ridden, 1x 9500 miles (new engine at 7500), 1x 10,500 (no rebuild), 1x bought blown up at 3000 miles raced

3x 2016 - 2 raced, 1 trail 5000 miles (no rebuild)

2x 2017 - 2 raced

2x 2018 - 2 raced

2x 2019 - 2 raced

1x 2020 - 0 raced

0x 2021 - 0 raced

1x 2022 - 1 raced

I said I agreed, no dropped skirts skirts. 

City of St. Paul has a big sxs bid out. Textron can’t bid on it because they can’t the support a million dollars worth of equipment they own and is getting phased out 

Edited by Not greg b

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My bud dropped a skirt in his 16 XF at like 1500 miles.  He worked for Cat at the time, so it cost him nothing.

We've done what seems like everything else to the 6000's, but most mostly crack pistons and drop lower con-rod bearnings.

They do seem like a pretty tough engine. I think my next trail sled might be a 129 catalyst if i can find 1 in season this year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cat45 said:

They do seem like a pretty tough engine. I think my next trail sled might be a 129 catalyst if i can find 1 in season this year. 

The 129 is fun.  I rode mostly the 137 ZR's last January, but what little saddle time I had was good.  You might get lucky with a cancelled spring order.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

and now we all wait for them to announce a new big bore... and don't speculate at all what it will be... patiently, without the 3rd grade name calling and theatrics. 

9_9 

:lmao:

Whatever displacement it is I'm hoping for 170+hp in NA form with exceptional responsiveness. Cat needs to be a class leader if they're hoping to take back marketshare.

Edited by Premium
  • Like 2