2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

5 hours ago, fortune46x said:

You talked about no one ever burning down a ctech 2 , this is talking about that remark. 

don't seem to recall hearing any details on the 2024 engine aside from the 800 crank and reeds... so, same slugs, jugs and head? 

IDK... :dunno: 

The updated 600 will use the same long block. The crankcase, cylinders and pistons are all unchanged. However it will use a new crankshaft (with the same stroke), stator ignition system, electronics, servo motor, control systems, fuel mapping, intake and exhaust.

SLEDDERMAG.COM CATALYST INTERVIEW WITH ANDY BEAVIS | ArcticInsider

Edited by ZR6000RR

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

The updated 600 will use the same long block. The crankcase, cylinders and pistons are all unchanged. However it will use a new crankshaft (with the same stroke), stator ignition system, electronics, servo motor, control systems, fuel mapping, intake and exhaust.

SLEDDERMAG.COM CATALYST INTERVIEW WITH ANDY BEAVIS | ArcticInsider

At least 6 months ago I posted that they are changing from kokusan to synerject for the engine management... Synerject also works/worked with brp and merc on DI 2 stroke stuff like opti-max and etec. it's the company they use on the dirt side (and that badboy/textron used on the stampeede/havoc).  They got bought by continental a while back

The crank, flywheel, servo aren't new, they have been used on the 800 for a couple years.  mapping has to be new, since intake and exhaust are....

As for the 600 pistons..

14 first year good reliability

15 luck of the draw, 2 different vendors used..  more than a few dropped skirts while in warranty

16 I honestly don't exactly remember if the issue was solved before production or not, but

17 up use the same new part number, with fortune being correct on the years SX sleds get the same pistons as every other production 600 (16 race sleds got the new slugs too)

4 hours ago, krom said:

As for the 600 pistons..

14 first year good reliability

15 luck of the draw, 2 different vendors used..  more than a few dropped skirts while in warranty

16 I honestly don't exactly remember if the issue was solved before production or not, but

17 up use the same new part number, with fortune being correct on the years SX sleds get the same pistons as every other production 600 (16 race sleds got the new slugs too)

When c2c went down I talked to my friend that is one of cat’s engines guys. He said they have not change anything on the 600 since 2020. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Mine has 7200 on it. Probably worth little at this point. Probably ride it a couple more seasons.

I could have gotten 9. Change the bearings, check the compression and see where you are.

22 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Mine has 7200 on it. Probably worth little at this point. Probably ride it a couple more seasons.

I have a 15 XF6 LXR with 11500 on it and a 15 XF6 Cross Country with almost 10000 and a new motor at 7500.  I wouldn't let either go for anything less then 5, but then again, I'm a greedy fucker.

Edited by racinfarmer

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I have a 15 XF6 LXR with 11500 on it and a 15 XF6 Cross Country with almost 10000 and a new motor at 7500.  I wouldn't let either go for anything less then 5, but then again, I'm a greedy fucker.

Good to know. I can't swing one for this season. If I get a new one the year after that I might just keep it for kids to ride.

4 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Good to know. I can't swing one for this season. If I get a new one the year after that I might just keep it for kids to ride.

I saw my old 14 ZR6 RR for sale this winter for $4600 and it sold the first day it was listed.

If only the buyer knew that that one went through...

Edited by racinfarmer

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I saw my old 14 ZR6 RR for sale this winter for $4600 and it sold the first day it was listed.

If only the buyer knew that that one went through...

@Not greg b has a story about his 2014 RR... that he might tell here.  ;)

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I could have gotten 9. Change the bearings, check the compression and see where you are.

Why didn't you get 9 then?

Are you admitting you're an idiot?

My dealer offered me 7, different dealer offered me $10500. Guess which one I went with....

Hint: I'm not a moron!

10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

My dealer offered me 7, different dealer offered me $10500. Guess which one I went with....

Not a moron, a jimwit.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Brother in Law discount. You are a moron btw.

Edited by ZR6000RR

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

@Not greg b has a story about his 2014 RR... that he might tell here.  ;)

The mileage magically dropped over the last 8 years from when I had it. It must be from the and amsoil that has been exclusively run in it. Someone at some point put the time into changing the speedo, replacing the missing/wrecked graphics and recoated the rails/spindles.  How I know it was my old sled. It still has the holes in the bumper I drilled for a bag, it still has the multiple bag mounts on the tunnel sides for the original bag, it has the big scratch on the running board brace from when I flipped it on cement, it has the grip tape on top of the tunnel I installed to cover 6 holes I blasted in it to mount a rack, and has the incorrect skis for the sled I bought cheap to sell the sled with. I think the skis were off a 2011 or 2012 lxr. I would find it hard to believe there are 2 2014 rr out there with the same features. This is the second time I have seen it for sale in 8 years. I think the person that is selling it now has no idea the speedo was flipped because it had about the same amount of mileage on it when I sold it.