2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

48 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Cat should buy that sled to examine what went right with the engine... and let him keep the windshield. 

I was wondering what he did to the rear of the tunnel. He had it cut out and looks like he may have modded the cooler. I will have to ask him next time I see him 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Back pedaling weasel…pathetic.

That is ALL he is good at.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

words, hollow remarks and more encouragement from the fingers of an utter imbecile

i've seen this episode... let's see the Nytro

Hey now, that is not nice to real imbeciles.  They are worlds smarter than Jim.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not at all, fucktard! Never said anything bad. It bothers you though. Love it!

Nobody said that  you said anything “bad” and what bothers me is that people like you waste good oxygen everyday.

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nobody said that  you said anything “bad” and what bothers me is that people like you waste good oxygen everyday.

Like you matter?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That is a pair of cracked pistons.

Weird. Never seen that on anything but racing sleds. Not taken care of racing sleds mind you.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Weird. Never seen that on anything but racing sleds. Not taken care of racing sleds mind you.

God you are an idiot.  Two huge Cat fans here that are way more capable of a wrench than you or your dumb ass dealer have catastrophic failures and it is their fault.  Bas design and even worse assembly are to blame.  

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Those were both cracked up through the slot, across the ring-land above the slot, across the entire top, and down to the bottom ring-land on the other side.  

I can assure you that you nor your dealer have see any quite like those.

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Typical you. Park next to my sled. Post it, then run.

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

God you are an idiot.  Two huge Cat fans here that are way more capable of a wrench than you or your dumb ass dealer have catastrophic failures and it is their fault.  Bas design and even worse assembly are to blame.  

I've had very good luck with the CTEC 600, by and large.  I plan to keep buying them in the future.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

Fwiw in 2020 when cat didn't build a race sled and went to the "update" they moved the injector back to the throttle body like the successful 18 suzuki built mill - plugged the injector port on the cylinder due to the 2019s failing exactly as racing farmer has explained. in the future they stuck with this design (injector in the throttle body) vs the injector firing through the slot. 

They still crack pistons over time with extended time ran at higher rpm (you'll never see that rpm at 55mph) but its been reduced from 2019. 

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

Fwiw in 2020 when cat didn't build a race sled and went to the "update" they moved the injector back to the throttle body like the successful 18 suzuki built mill - plugged the injector port on the cylinder due to the 2019s failing exactly as racing farmer has explained. in the future they stuck with this design (injector in the throttle body) vs the injector firing through the slot. 

They still crack pistons over time with extended time ran at higher rpm (you'll never see that rpm at 55mph) but its been reduced from 2019. 

I was incorrect... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Just so no one gets confused this was for the Snocross sleds and not the consumer or XC sleds which utilize the same engine. 

the only difference from 2019 to current in the sx short block is in 2019 they used a single ring. 

from 2020+ they use a dual ring thats identical to the production ctech2 and still cracks as Racinfarmer has shown. 

4 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

the only difference from 2019 to current in the sx short block is in 2019 they used a single ring. 

from 2020+ they use a dual ring thats identical to the production ctech2 and still cracks as Racinfarmer has shown. 

you would know, been a couple years since I compared part numbers on the jugs, slugs, head and I stand corrected. 

:hi:

11 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I've cracked them up to the slot, but never clear across the piston.  The only thing holding these together was the skirt and the piston pin.

When I was doing the walk of shame on Saturday night trying to rebuild the motor, no one else had seen them like that before either.  

So we are discussing sno cross engines in the Catalyst post? Useless! On a side note though, deep throat must be going nuts in that I never respond since he has been on ignore for over a year, yet still responds. What a pathetic fagget Fuck!

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

So we are discussing sno cross engines in the Catalyst post? Useless! On a side note though, deep throat must be going nuts in that I never respond since he has been on ignore for over a year, yet still responds. What a pathetic fagget Fuck!

You talked about no one ever burning down a ctech 2 , this is talking about that remark. 

• Thanks 1