2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

3 minutes ago, krom said:

I've installed them in CT2 800s but don't have an official answer as to what is different with the "C" version.  I ASSuME that the petal thickness, or geometry is different for the smaller 600.  I also wonder why they are buying them, instead of using their own version..  I've never had the best luck getting long life from v-force reeds on my personal stuff.

I know their reeds are different on the 600 vs the 800. My friend ran into that when he order the 600 reeds on accident instead of the 800.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk man... https://store.mototassinari.com/vforce3.html

The unique design of the VForce reed valve system features double the reed tip surface over a conventional reed valve design. This has two major benefits: 1) The reed petals only travel half the distance as a conventional reed valve design to get the same airflow. 2) Because the reed petals only need to travel half the distance of that on a conventional reed valve design, there is a greater chance of them being fully opened as well as a better chance of sealing when they are "closed". A reed petal never truly "closes" in a classic sense, as it is always in movement. Consider this, an engine operating at 8,000 RPM results in a reed petal opening and closing 133 times in one second. This fact, sheds light on another VForce advantage. Since the petals are only traveling half the distance, they generally last longer are they receive less wear than the reed petals on a conventional reed valve design.

speedwerx shows 6000/8000 as the same https://speedwerx.com/moto-tassinari-vforce-3r-reed-valves-600-6000-800-8000-c-tec-2.html

wait, they let janitors install reeds?  ;)

:roflcrying:

That v-force marketing wank is pretty much a copy and past on every page of their website.  When I checked the "look up the reeds you need" tool wasn't working.
They also claim to add HP......

As far as fitment, the reed valves can interchange between every 2 stroke released from the 800 twin to the 24 catalyst 600 (excluding the 570 because if I don't mention it one of you assholes will :roflcrying:)

Edited by krom

That v-force marketing wank is pretty much a copy and past on every page of their website.  When I checked the "look up the reeds you need" tool wasn't working.
They also claim to add HP......

I doubt a HP increase but the throttle response is much better from my experience in the 720... which makes me think this may be a small part of why the Catalyst 600 feels more peppy if they're using those reeds.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I doubt a HP increase but the throttle response is much better from my experience in the 720... which makes me think this may be a small part of why the Catalyst 600 feels more peppy if they're using those reeds.

I assume you know, but the ctec2 engines all use reeds that are a knock off, of the v-force design.
The catalyst is a lighter sled, with a lighter crank, flywheel, primary clutch, and drive train than the the procross.  Lightening the rotating mass, really improves the "feel" of throttle response

Edited by krom

5 minutes ago, krom said:

I assume you know, but the ctec2 engines all use reeds that are a knock off, of the v-force design.
The catalyst is a lighter sled, with a lighter crank, flywheel, primary clutch, and drive train than the the procross.  Lightening the rotating mass, really improves the "feel" of throttle response

20230414_114253.thumb.jpg.6dd93c4f5d43a26cd0d2c355e2e20058.jpg

you mean these? :roflcrying:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

20230414_114253.thumb.jpg.6dd93c4f5d43a26cd0d2c355e2e20058.jpg

you mean these? :roflcrying:

Yup..  did that one have some shrapnel run through it, or an aftermarket can?  They seem to last pretty well on stock 600s.

Yup..  did that one have some shrapnel run through it, or an aftermarket can?  They seem to last pretty well on stock 600s.

I'd assume pieces of the crank bearing whizzing around in the case did this.  All stock 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so getting back to the new engine topic...   

V3112BRC-873-2 | VForce3R for Arctic Cat 600 C-TEC2 Engines (mototassinari.com)

these are the Carbon Vforce reeds I ordered for the RXC and I wonder if they will be using them on the Catalyst 600 and ??? big bore or the standard Vforce reeds...

V3112BR-873-2 | VForce3R for Arctic Cat 800 C-TEC2 Engines (mototassinari.com)

@racinfarmer @fortune46x @krom @Palu49... you guys have experience with the 'C' models?

edit... wait, which Catalyst thread were we discussing the reeds in @mnstang?  :roflcrying:

I have those in my sled. I’m assuming that’s what’s on the catalyst unless they’re all new with the tweaked bottom end on the new 600s

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If I wanted one of those I could get a new one for less... ;)

Thought they went for $7500 or less depending on who you know, brand new from the race department???

I'm sure bunke didn't pay for it, or only paid $1 for it though

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

Thought they went for $7500 or less depending on who you know, brand new from the race department???

I'm sure bunke didn't pay for it, or only paid $1 for it though

Being owned by bunke is a 5000 dollar option 

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray, we have a spare piston and cylinder now!!! :(

I sincerely hope this quality control foible doesn't happen to anyone else... next year. 

completely unacceptable :thumbdown:

IMG_20230501_135905741_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230501_135910977_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230501_135915137_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230501_140026179_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230501_140058606_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230501_140117561_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230501_140126109_HDR.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Hooray, we have a spare piston and cylinder now!!! :(

I sincerely hope this quality control foible doesn't happen to anyone else... next year. 

completely unacceptable :thumbdown:

The average poo owner would be bragging about making it that many miles before the engine went down

2 minutes ago, krom said:

The average poo owner would be bragging about making it that many miles before the engine went down

a big bore maybe, but I'm not letting them off the hook over a $4 pin easily.  the mag side jug and slug look new, loose rings and no scoring at all.  what a shame.  saw the 25k+ 6000 @Not greg b knows about... so let's hope for more than 1700 miles from the replacement engine.  (knocks wood)

in other news, reset to break in mode, smoky a/f but the Vforce reeds seem far more responsive at an idle to engagement chop of the throttle than it did stock.  will report back on those next season with some miles put on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

a big bore maybe, but I'm not letting them off the hook over a $4 pin easily.  the mag side jug and slug look new, loose rings and no scoring at all.  what a shame.  saw the 25k+ 6000 @Not greg b knows about... so let's hope for more than 1700 miles from the replacement engine.  (knocks wood)

in other news, reset to break in mode, smoky a/f but the Vforce reeds seem far more responsive at an idle to engagement chop of the throttle than it did stock.  will report back on those next season with some miles put on. 

Motor was rebuilt by an armature. Nothing to see here but Crn2 hogging the posts! Seen 10,000 miles on the Ctec 600. Seen a friend replace to cranks on two Poo 600's in the last two years. 3000 miles combined. There is no reset on Cats for break in mode for a re build as well, through 2022 anyway. Just pointing out facts' dipshit!

Edited by ZR6000RR

3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Motor was built by an armature. 

Cat's finest amateurs.  Sad they employ them.

Nothing to see here but Crn2 hogging the posts! 

And the shit ass Cat build quality.  It's so bad on their big bores none of my Cat friends will own one anymore.  Not sure the Catalyst will save Cat.  They better have their shit together when their bigger motor comes out....

Seen 10,000 miles on the Ctec 600. 

Whoop de fucking doo.  That is pretty much the norm on most.  We've all seen plenty of Poo's break that.  

There is no reset on Cats for break in mode for a re build as well, through 2022 anyway. Just pointing out facts' dipshit!

Have no idea, don't actually care....but as usual I'd still bet you are wrong.

• Like 2

Motor was rebuilt by an armature. Nothing to see here but Crn2 hogging the posts! Seen 10,000 miles on the Ctec 600. Seen a friend replace to cranks on two Poo 600's in the last two years. 3000 miles combined. There is no reset on Cats for break in mode for a re build as well, through 2022 anyway. Just pointing out facts' dipshit!

You flash the ECU back to break in.  Dealers can do it in like 2 minutes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Word on the street it was racing a sno pro 500 and when the ctech hit 6500 rpm it came a part 

36 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Catalyst comes with vforce STOCK 😎

No wonder they are so expensive. Makes it a deal now. I think a company up the road sends the 840s with v force