2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

There have been videos over the last 20 years explaining the tech that has been developed and the evolution but this recent one is not a bad summary.  But I'm not here trying to prove that the REV transformed the sport all the proof that is needed is at long last cat finally has a true rider forward design.  It very well may be the best on snow and it should be.  I hope it is.  Poo bit the bullet, paid the royalties and launched what many say is a better riding chassis than Doo many years ago now.  

I put in my wish list of what I want in the future from Catextron.  Now they just have to deliver.

The procross and rush were realistically more “true rider forward” than anything ski Doo had before the G4. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Who said anything about Polaris?

I said the Alterra is the ugliest atv made.

Well it is not. Actually the best looking wheeler. I know because I bought it. Absolutely love it. Great power and it pushes snow with ease.

1 hour ago, krom said:

Back on topic, the catalyst is scheduled to start production in October.

Proving @ZR6000RRis a clueless, lying sack of shit yet again.

image.png.f844bada035533a4773521d8db919322.png

Thanks for posting something relevant to the catalyst! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cat and Yamaha have slept together enough times over the years, it's possible some of Yamaha's engine production and engineering teams that provided/built the 998 and 1049 are helping Cat under the table with their new mill. It's all about relationships with real people.

Personally I don't care either way but if there is one company to get pointers/advice from on an engine, Yamaha is not a bad buddy to have at camp.

3 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Cat and Yamaha have slept together enough times over the years, it's possible some of Yamaha's engine production and engineering teams that provided/built the 998 and 1049 are helping Cat under the table with their new mill. It's all about relationships with real people.

Personally I don't care either way but if there is one company to get pointers/advice from on an engine, Yamaha is not a bad buddy to have at camp.

You obviously do not understand their relationship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Thanks for posting something relevant to the catalyst! 

3 hours ago, krom said:

Back on topic, the catalyst is scheduled to start production in October.

Proving @ZR6000RRis a clueless, lying sack of shit yet again.

image.png.f844bada035533a4773521d8db919322.png

So they are producing the catalyst engines last?

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Like it or not AC was the driving force for the 998 T, and spent a bunch of their own time doing development in TRF.

As for 2 strokes, yamaha more or less shut down R&D over a decade ago.  The YZ bike engine hasn't changed since 99, and last 2 stroke they released was the HPDI outboards, which haven't been manufactured since 2014 ish.

15 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

So they are producing the catalyst engines last?

They are producing 600 powered sleds last

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

Like it or not AC was the driving force for the 998 T, and spent a bunch of their own time doing development in TRF.

As for 2 strokes, yamaha more or less shut down R&D over a decade ago.  The YZ bike engine hasn't changed since 99, and last 2 stroke they released was the HPDI outboards, which haven't been manufactured since 2014 ish.

They are producing 600 powered sleds last

That is false about the yz bike two strokes.

21 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That is false about the yz bike two strokes.

Interesting,  Every single place I looked all said the YZ250 is unchanged from 99, and only the airbox/intake has changed, when they changed the plastics

Edited by krom

15 minutes ago, krom said:

Interesting,  Every single place I looked all said the YZ250 is unchanged from 99, and only the airbox/intake has changed, when they changed the plastics

Yz125 motor was all new for 2022

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krom said:

Like it or not AC was the driving force for the 998 T

Wasn't a version of the 998 made by Yamaha released in 2006 with the 998 150HP 4 Banger? I guess thats a different engine entirely....
I thought Yamaha had been making a 998 Triple and/or 998 4 cylinder mill long before they partnered with in 2014.

Edited by stinkipinki

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

You obviously do not understand their relationship.

I think your mouth is jealous of your asshole because it seems to do all the talking.
You don't have the slightest fucking clue if what I said is taking place or not, and you certainly don't know anymore then anyone on this site regarding their partnership and what's really going on.
And, I said 'its possible' when I made my statement, I didn't clarify it as true.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Haha 2