2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

20 hours ago, krom said:

Wasn't strictly comparing chassis to engines, I didn't feel like looking up all the first years for poos abortions, but its easy remember how bad the engines are, from the first 800 twin with crank case/shaft problems, up to the 840, with crank shaft problems the fusion 755-900 and all 10-15 versions of the 800.

Speaking of 800's that didn't last a year, poo had 5 or 6 new 800's in the first few years of theirs.  The first year didn't make it to the snow till feb. by that fall, new pistons, cylinders, head, etc had been released.  New top end components tunes etc designed and released once or twice a year, until they changed the cases, and made the new cylinders not fit the older bottom ends.  An entire industry of built up re-designing, repairing, and selling upgraded parts/fix kits.
Indy Dan prob bought a private jet with the money made selling upgraded engines with a warranty.

First year firecats, also had first year laydown engines

First year twin spar, was also first year for the 800, 1000, and 1100 engines.

The original 800 was 07-09, than changed to the HO for 2010-2016.

DSI 800 was 18-19 changed for increased hp, and reduced emissions in 20

Cat was smart to let Doo and Poo struggle to make emission friendly engines while Cat stuck with the tried and true dirty shit. Problem is they did the same with the chassis. Maybe not smart after all as now they are the one struggling to survive. While they stayed with dated tech the other two moved forward. Now finally with the Catalyst they are catching up, to bad Doo and Poo will likely take another leap forward and leave Cat in the dust again. Same has happened with the engine tech as well. New cat big bore (maybe) lets them catch up only to be left in the dust again. At least there are a half dozen customers on this site that are satisfied with always playing catch up

33 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Cat was smart to let Doo and Poo struggle to make emission friendly engines while Cat stuck with the tried and true dirty shit. Problem is they did the same with the chassis. Maybe not smart after all as now they are the one struggling to survive. While they stayed with dated tech the other two moved forward. Now finally with the Catalyst they are catching up, to bad Doo and Poo will likely take another leap forward and leave Cat in the dust again. Same has happened with the engine tech as well. New cat big bore (maybe) lets them catch up only to be left in the dust again. At least there are a half dozen customers on this site that are satisfied with always playing catch up

That has nothing at all to do with first year problems, or even engineering or designers, and everything to do with terrible management in TRF going back to the board deciding to hire corporate clowns with no industry experience.  Unfortunately unless txt decides to promote a long term employee from AC, or find a candidate with quality industry experience it won't get better.  If/when they cycle in another txt employee from some other division it a 50/50 shot that it doesn't get worse.

I don't ride with a single cat diehard anymore that would say anything other than cats best engines were/are made by Suzuki and Yamaha.  None of them would throw down their own hard earned cash for an 800 flame thrower.

Yes, doo and poo have had plenty of problems over the past couple decades with their 800/840/850s but beyond initial design changes there are far fewer issues spread across tens of thousands more sleds.  More importantly none of these issues kept their buyers from buying them. 

This is something catextron will have to do a shit ton of work on just to get their own fans to purchase if/when their next engine hits the snow in the new chassis.

6 hours ago, jdsky said:

I don't ride with a single cat diehard anymore that would say anything other than cats best engines were/are made by Suzuki and Yamaha.  None of them would throw down their own hard earned cash for an 800 flame thrower.

Yes, doo and poo have had plenty of problems over the past couple decades with their 800/840/850s but beyond initial design changes there are far fewer issues spread across tens of thousands more sleds.  More importantly none of these issues kept their buyers from buying them. 

This is something catextron will have to do a shit ton of work on just to get their own fans to purchase if/when their next engine hits the snow in the new chassis.

Which is odd, since even the new cat 800 has had more issues than any of the other laydowns, it is still the lowest percentage in the industry.  and they are considerably more reliable than any other brand 800/840/850.

• Haha 2

Yup, Arctic Cat didn't put "anything new" in the Catalyst.  :thumbsup:

It's really, really, really easy to criticize something before you know all the facts.  The hard part is knowing all the facts first.

People who argue from a position of ignorance are weak.

• Like 4

If these deep dive video's were from Poo or Doo blowing about their chassis', engines, and suspensions the cat fanatics would be pissing all over them calling bullshit on any of the claimed extra special engineering.  Shit, this chassis should have the best of everything when cat has had at least 2 decades to perfect something to compete or beat the REV.

How about we wait and see what happens when they actually get into the hands of the owners and get some hard miles on them?  How about wait and see when a version is available with a performance engine?

41 minutes ago, jdsky said:

If these deep dive video's were from Poo or Doo blowing about their chassis', engines, and suspensions the cat fanatics would be pissing all over them calling bullshit on any of the claimed extra special engineering.  Shit, this chassis should have the best of everything when cat has had at least 2 decades to perfect something to compete or beat the REV.

How about we wait and see what happens when they actually get into the hands of the owners and get some hard miles on them?  How about wait and see when a version is available with a performance engine?

You did not wait for the poo. This chassis rocks and it scares you. All I needed to know. 

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
49 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You did not wait for the poo. This chassis rocks and it scares you. All I needed to know. 

“It scares you”….goddamn you’re a green glasses wearing jagaloon. I’ve owned plenty of Cats and I hope the Catalyst is the real deal but your blind loyalty bullshit is annoying,

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

“It scares you”….goddamn you’re a green glasses wearing jagaloon. I’ve owned plenty of Cats and I hope the Catalyst is the real deal but your blind loyalty bullshit is annoying,

Well then I am winning! Pissing you off is half of my bit!

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Annoyed not pissed off…don’t give  yourself so much credit.

It works either way for me. Shows me how much of a putz, you are. Dont like it? Quit following!

25 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Winning the I own the ugliest atv award?

Yep!?

Really? You like the sportsman look? Child! The Alterra is beautiful compared to any year poo.

Edited by ZR6000RR

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

fwiw, I approve of what I'm seeing and what they showed and understand what they're doing.

are there comparable videos from BRP or Polaris when they 'advanced' their chassis from gen? to gen?

seriously, as idk?

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

This chassis wasn't even necessary according to me, but now it's the greatest thing since sliced bagels.

fixed your post for accuracy 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:
4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fwiw, I approve of what I'm seeing and what they showed and understand what they're doing.

are there comparable videos from BRP or Polaris when they 'advanced' their chassis from gen? to gen?

seriously, as idk?

fixed your post for accuracy 

Made zero sense,  but that is what we expect from short buss helmet people. 

There have been videos over the last 20 years explaining the tech that has been developed and the evolution but this recent one is not a bad summary.  But I'm not here trying to prove that the REV transformed the sport all the proof that is needed is at long last cat finally has a true rider forward design.  It very well may be the best on snow and it should be.  I hope it is.  Poo bit the bullet, paid the royalties and launched what many say is a better riding chassis than Doo many years ago now.  

I put in my wish list of what I want in the future from Catextron.  Now they just have to deliver.

Just now, jdsky said:

There have been videos over the last 20 years explaining the tech that has been developed and the evolution but this recent one is not a bad summary.  But I'm not here trying to prove that the REV transformed the sport all the proof that is needed is at long last cat finally has a true rider forward design.  It very well may be the best on snow and it should be.  I hope it is.  Poo bit the bullet, paid the royalties and launched what many say is a better riding chassis than Doo many years ago now.  

I put in my wish list of what I want in the future from Catextron.  Now they just have to deliver.

Proves shit! One piece bulkhead? Belt drive? No beaver tail?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jdsky said:

no, that sled deserves a ton of credit... especially the whole pyramid 

idk that I've seen any of the sled manufacturers break down the components this way... ever.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, that sled deserves a ton of credit... especially the whole pyramid 

idk that I've seen any of the sled manufacturers break down the components this way... ever.

:quaqmire: fuck you suck a lot of?