2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Mountain riders aren't relegated to random trail side pump fuel.  They can run good gas if they want.  Yes it'd be more complicated but if someone likes the cat chassis but wants more power and doesn't want to wait a year, I can see this being a solution.

I am talking about the idiots that trail ride 90% of the time and think a turbo is an unlimited hp adder. This is majority of the people that are buying a catalyst. The mountains that will run race fuel and a aftermarket turbo set up on a 600 will be rare birds 

• Like 3

HP lost is 3% per 1,000 feel of elevation.

catalyst weight will be published when the first real full production one rolls off the line this fall (closer to 400 than what the published weights of the other manufactures sleds)

In this part of the country the stock boost isn't laying the smack down on any other turbo sleds.  Hell they won't even make the factory claimed HP on pump gas

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I am talking about the idiots that trail ride 90% of the time and think a turbo is an unlimited hp adder. This is majority of the people that are buying a catalyst. The mountains that will run race fuel and a aftermarket turbo set up on a 600 will be rare birds 

An aftermarket turbo 600 for trail would be stupid 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, krom said:

HP lost is 3% per 1,000 feel of elevation.

catalyst weight will be published when the first real full production one rolls off the line this fall (closer to 400 than what the published weights of the other manufactures sleds)

In this part of the country the stock boost isn't laying the smack down on any other turbo sleds.  Hell they won't even make the factory claimed HP on pump gas

I hope the NY shootout comes back next season, as it's traditionally been the biggest bragging rights controlled test we have to go by. 

This is entertaining... and just an entirely different level.  There's some 998 action at the end.

more bench racing #'s for 600's 129 & 137 per Skidoo 

(for entertainment purposes only)

MXZ Sport  435 & 439

MXZ Adrenaline 465 & 470 

MXZ X 466 & 470

MXZ XRS Comp pkg 470 (137 w/o estart)

MXZ Adrenaline Blizzard 468 & 473

MXZ XRS 480 & 484

But weight, there's more...

per Polaris for the 650

XCR 128 488 & 137 499

VR1 137 501 

XC 129 488 & 137 499

out of curiosity... 

XC PS4 129 585 & 137 594 (wow)

and lastly...

VR1 137 650/850 501

VR1 137 850 boost 531 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

brought the numbers up for Stinki, to partially dispell the big bore is heavier internet malarkey

Hey I'm as interested in real world wet weights as anybody.
One of the things I really liked about my Can Am Defender was how open, proud and transparent BRP was about the numbers, they listed dry weights, HP and TQ numbers for all of the Defenders.I really wish all sled manufactures would do the same thing.

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

This is the spec that completely destroys stinkis lower weight turbo small mill.  30lbs for the turbo setup the 650/850 are the same.

maybe I'll do the SkiDoo after lunch... :)

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

This is the spec that completely destroys stinkis lower weight turbo small mill.  30lbs for the turbo setup the 650/850 are the same.

Without the Turbo, both engines are losing alot of power at elevation.
30lbs is arguable...some will say its alot, some will say it's not...but the point isn't so much overall weight, its power loss at elevation. Above 4000 feet the powerloss is significant. The Turbo 600 will still make its 140HP (or whatever it is), while the 650 will drop well below that, and the 850 will drop down to about 140-150. If they weigh the same, give me the 600 Turbo, its a much cheaper sled and I am getting the same performance as the 850 without a snail. And, I'm not leaning the fuck out of my engine screaming it at 4000 feet. Lots of Mountain riders put a little oil in their gas tank.

Trail riding though, is a completely different animal all together.

Edited by stinkipinki

3 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Hey I'm as interested in real world wet weights as anybody.
One of the things I really liked about my Can Am Defender was how open, proud and transparent BRP was about the numbers, they listed dry weights, HP and TQ numbers for all of the Defenders.I really wish all sled manufactures would do the same thing.

You are making a huge ASSumption that those numbers are within a mile of factual..

Anyone here remember the claimed dry weight for the original rx one ton??

When doo first claimed 399 for the tnt they did the fall show tour with a special built sled, not a drop of any fluid in it, hanging on a scale (than no one knows what it was zero'd at)  They also had a competitors sled hanging, full of fluids and a half tank of gas

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

You are making a huge ASSumption that those numbers are within a mile of factual..

Anyone here remember the claimed dry weight for the original rx one ton??

When doo first claimed 399 for the tnt they did the fall show tour with a special built sled, not a drop of any fluid in it, hanging on a scale (than no one knows what it was zero'd at)  They also had a competitors sled hanging, full of fluids and a half tank of gas

The actual production popcan running boards helped that number too

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

But weight, there's more...

per Polaris for the 650

XCR 128 488 & 137 499

VR1 137 501 

XC 129 488 & 137 499

out of curiosity... 

XC PS4 129 585 & 137 594 (wow)

and lastly...

VR1 137 650/850 501

VR1 137 850 boost 531 

I thought the poo would be lighter than the Doo....