2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

Annd heres why those owners get new sleds every other year.

Screenshot_20230314-154937_Facebook.jpg

If that was in Minnesota I'd buy it today.  Wonder why he let it overheat and take out the top end tho?   Don't try to tell me the top end went and then he wrecked the front hear exchanger.

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

1 - it won't sell for that and 2- 800miles.  You were talking about 5k+ miles going for dick.  Stop moving the goalposts. 

That sled sold.
Im comparing 800's of the same year with similar mileage, and I'm comparing 600's of the same year with similar mileage. When you make junk and everyone knows it, it effects resale value. Yamaha basically doesn't even give a shit about snowmobiling and Sidewinders resale value makes Polaris and SkiDoo's look silly. Even the old Zuke pulls as much as the same year Doo and Polaris.

And don't try to reply with some clapped out machine, the ones I just posted are taken care of machines in good shape, with the miles listed. I can find clapped out machines or machines with some hiccup that are priced low too, that don't mean a damn thing.

Edited by stinkipinki

So far you've shown fairly equal priced 600s even tho the polaris has 3 times the miles.

And a poo 800 is also roughly the same price as a similiar cat 800.

I'm not sure what point your trying  to make but you suck at it

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Your whole commentary was high mileage ones are worth dick.  So far you've only proven that not to be the case.  In fact you showed that they sell for the same comparing the 2 2016s....

I posted a pic of a 2018 Assault 800 with 6100 miles.
He wants 6000 or best offer.

I informed a riding friend that you know of 3-4 yr old 850s for dick..he's interested as long as there female owned.   I dont see such a sled in the images you have so far provided.   He even said he'd take a 3-4 yr old cat 800 for dick as well....as long as its female owned.

He'd be interestd in as many of these sleds for dick as you can find...again, as long as they are female owned

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Thats pretty good for a Polaris, atleast it outlasts the topend of the motor.
Smart to trade the sled in instead of fixing it, 998's with 6K miles are just getting broken in, Polaris sleds with over 6K miles aren't worth dick. You can get 3-4 year old 850's with 5-6K miles for dick.

Any higher mile used sled isn’t worth anything. Our 2 high mileage 7000s didn’t sell for much when we got rid of them. And those cult followers will over pay and jizz all over that abortion before they get it off the trailer.  

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

So they can't be bought for dick.  Nice way of proving a point different than you stated.

You can choose to deny what you are seeing all you want. The truth is, they just aren't worth that much because, their reputation for long term reliability is awful. 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Any higher mile used sled isn’t worth anything. Our 2 high mileage 7000s didn’t sell for much when we got rid of them. And those cult followers will over pay and jizz all over that abortion before they get it off the trailer.  

Thats not true at all.
998's can sell for 10K with 10K miles or more, they have incredible resale vale.
Even the vaunted Apex will pull 5-6K for a nice one with low miles and a 128/136 track.

The only higher mile sleds not worth anything are usually two-strokes, as shown above in several posts.

6 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The only higher mile sleds not worth anything are usually two-strokes, as shown above in several posts.

You said only Polaris's but have proven the same holds true for Cats as well.  Sadly you've been on snowmobile forums for a really long time but if you haven't realized until now what mileage does to a sleds value you are slower than we thought.

Would have been nice if that amazing used cat resale value was around when I sold mine.  It was terrible.  Resale on any of the used Doo's I sold over the past decade and a half was far better.  Just to be clear, I have no interest in dick....

Listing is one thing. What they are actually selling for is another. We had zero calls on a 2016 7000 at 10k with 8000 miles. We sold that one when the crazy buying started. The thunder cat prices have really come down around here on the used ones. 

• Like 1