2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

is your current sled difficult to steer?  does it vary based upon snow conditions?  have you considered altering any of the suspension components to suit your personal needs?

interesting feedback on the seat.  would you compare it to the comfort of a banana seat on a Schwinn Sting-Ray or one of those three wheeled bikes my grandmother used to pedal to the mail box?

Ride same trail, better is very confusing.  Can you translate this into a vernacular those of us without such insight might fathom?

Real deal... this sounds exciting.  Can it take a hit like the QS3's on your RR.  Any pictures of the whoops, holes and g-out's?

other peoples opinions don't matter at the present... only yours

Was. Three trys to get it right. Catalyst was like power steering. 

Seat was spot on. Like Goldilocks. 

Ride was better. No contest.

I suspect the shocks could. Love the simple adjust on the fly. 

Lots have rode and gave there opinion. You are just not willing to accept the results. 

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:
17 minutes ago, krom said:

@Crnr2Crnr I know you are just getting him to show that he doesn't have a clue, but...

Did anyone expect anything more after a 15 min ride with a leader that had to keep stopping to let him catch up, than him regurgitating the marketing wank?

taperk posted a good real world review, from a knowledgeable sledder who can ride.

G5 cockpit is built for midgets...  Poo isn't bad, but has issues with banging shins

Catalyst has more leg room, and an easier sitting to standing transition, without any bodywork hitting your legs, even if you are leaned way over to push it through the turns.  at 6'4 I would have to work to move my leg outside of the body work to work hard in a turn, on the catalyst it can just go there naturally.  The downside is the footwells need some work, there is a big cutout on the side that lets your foot slide sideways and out, when pushing hard.  I'll prob just add a hunk of aluminum tube to mine to keep my foot from sliding out of the big cutout.

Rode it on my own dipshit. It's good to know the guys in charge. 

12 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Fwiw I’ve ran a tki now going on 5 years. No failures and the belt is not a rubber belt like people want to perceive it. 

cat racers have been running tki belt drives on the rxc on ice for even longer than that. 

The gates carbon chain holds up to shock loads without a slipper get on a 180ish hp sled.  

the real test will be when they pinch Pennie’s on the belt to see how it survives. 

29A36B48-AB46-4B66-8CD5-3C0C4DDD3EF8.jpeg

That is great insight and sounds very promising. Thanks for the info!

3 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Ohh she snapped good.
The H-Bracket on my Rush suspension was worn down so badly I almost had to replace the bolt that goes through the entire bracket.

It lasted 6000 miles. First major issue with the sled. Probably going to sell it for a new sled. I am sure it would have lasted 100,000 if it was an arctic cat 

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It lasted 6000 miles. First major issue with the sled. Probably going to sell it for a new sled. I am sure it would have lasted 100,000 if it was an arctic cat 

100k, pffft.  Infinite!!!

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It lasted 6000 miles. 

Thats pretty good for a Polaris, atleast it outlasts the topend of the motor.
Smart to trade the sled in instead of fixing it, 998's with 6K miles are just getting broken in, Polaris sleds with over 6K miles aren't worth dick. You can get 3-4 year old 850's with 5-6K miles for dick.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Smart to trade the sled in instead of fixing it, 998's with 6K miles are just getting broken in, Polaris sleds with over 6K miles aren't worth dick. You can get 3-4 year old 850's with 5-6K miles for dick.

Ah, you must like dick as you don't have one.  Instead you have a 12 year old Polaris that even Poo die hards don't want.

And to be clear, you are praising the Yamaha not the Cat.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Whats a 3-4 yr old cat 800 with 5-6k miles on it bring for comparison?  Dick, less than dick, more than dick?

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe the prices of Polaris and Ski-Doo wouldn't be so low after 5-6K miles, but they are.
I can nab a 2018/19 850 ETEC with 2K miles for $7500.

I can see why Doo and Polaris owners sno-check every season or every other season, because with some mileage those machine ain't worth DICK.

Where's the 3-4 yr old 850s and cat 800s tho?

I just learned a 2019 cat and polaris 600 are roughly the same price used even tho the polaris has 3 times the miles 🤔

Edited by Boonbocker1