2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I present differing opinions from zr6000 but he hasn't called me names.  Not that I'd care.  Not that I'd call names back even if he did.

That's cool, I didn't know they were already building them!  Do you know which models they're doing?

Unless he posts a current pic to prove it, its just another one of his lies, since the schedule was changed.

Also, if he had even the slightest clue about the actual numbers sold, and being built, he would be singing a different tune.

Edited by krom

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

No. I do not. Played off a bill for a 200 we raffle every year. Dealer info.  Was told they were firing up the lines beginning of March. Usually a mid April thing. Sold a ton of machines. Did Polaris sell sled 1 yet? Ghost town in Poo town

I know 3 people that snowchecked new sleds, I haven't been around lately because of work, but I was fielding questions from them about my XCR before they put down their deposit.

32 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Krommer is a prick! Anyone who looks up peoples lives should be beaten to within an inch of there useless life. You seem to like tickling the balls of krommer. Weird

duuuuude, Krommy has bashed Polaris more times in a day than you've ridden more than 50mph in your life.  you've made your own mountain from a molehill here and on every site you've subjected to your lunacy.  funny thing is, your first few posts on HCS I was like 'hey look, a new Cat supporter' and a few days later I was pming back and forth with people involved in the cross country circuit who all said you were a bit of a nut job, and AC loyal.  They nailed it, dead on.  

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I present differing opinions from zr6000 but he hasn't called me names.  Not that I'd care.  Not that I'd call names back even if he did.

yet... support his nuttiness 9_9

12 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

No. I do not. Played off a bill for a 200 we raffle every year. Dealer info.  Was told they were firing up the lines beginning of March. Usually a mid April thing. Sold a ton of machines. Did Polaris sell sled 1 yet? Ghost town in Poo town

I'd bet polaris makes and sells more 2024 sleds than cat.  Cat would need to over double their build to be where polaris was last yr in terms of volume.

Those types of volume shifts don't happen overnight 

5 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I'd bet polaris makes and sells more 2024 sleds than cat.  Cat would need to over double their build to be where polaris was last yr in terms of volume.

Those types of volume shifts don't happen overnight 

Who in there right mind, cares? Polaris has a shit ton of 23's on the dealers floors. That effects sales of the 2024 models. BTW? You cannot change a model year Vin. Once it is produced, it is the year it is. For the stupid on the site. Not you.

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

duuuuude, Krommy has bashed Polaris more times in a day than you've ridden more than 50mph in your life.  you've made your own mountain from a molehill here and on every site you've subjected to your lunacy.  funny thing is, your first few posts on HCS I was like 'hey look, a new Cat supporter' and a few days later I was pming back and forth with people involved in the cross country circuit who all said you were a bit of a nut job, and AC loyal.  They nailed it, dead on.  

yet... support his nuttiness 9_9

And not yours? 

Fwiw I’ve ran a tki now going on 5 years. No failures and the belt is not a rubber belt like people want to perceive it. 

cat racers have been running tki belt drives on the rxc on ice for even longer than that. 

The gates carbon chain holds up to shock loads without a slipper get on a 180ish hp sled.  

the real test will be when they pinch Pennie’s on the belt to see how it survives. 

29A36B48-AB46-4B66-8CD5-3C0C4DDD3EF8.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

Fwiw I’ve ran a tki now going on 5 years. No failures and the belt is not a rubber belt like people want to perceive it. 

cat racers have been running tki belt drives on the rxc on ice for even longer than that. 

The gates carbon chain holds up to shock loads without a slipper get on a 180ish hp sled.  

the real test will be when they pinch Pennie’s on the belt to see how it survives. 

29A36B48-AB46-4B66-8CD5-3C0C4DDD3EF8.jpeg

let's hear it run!

:)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Who in there right mind, cares? Polaris has a shit ton of 23's on the dealers floors. That effects sales of the 2024 models. BTW? You cannot change a model year Vin. Once it is produced, it is the year it is. For the stupid on the site. Not you.

You care enough to have brought up polaris 2024 sales.  I pointed out to you the enormous MFG task and market shift it would take for cat to outsell polaris for 2024

3 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

You care enough to have brought up polaris 2024 sales.  I pointed out to you the enormous MFG task and market shift it would take for cat to outsell polaris for 2024

AFIK they aren't going to be able to build as many sleds for MY 24, as they did in MY22

15 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I did. Because I have yet to read up on any excitement of the brand.

57 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

happy-sad.gif

night off from correcting Stinki?  :roflcrying:

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cat one upped them on it. I rode it. I can tell you it flat out works. 

in your opinion, precisely how is it better than the Procross... which was perfect and didn't need to be changed?

asking for a friend... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

night off from correcting Stinki?  :roflcrying:

in your opinion, precisely how is it better than the Procross... which was perfect and didn't need to be changed?

asking for a friend... 

Well it was way lighter, had a better than any brand seating position. Rode better. Much quieter and rode great. It is the best sled on snow right now. Not an opinion. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well it was way lighter, had a better than any brand seating position. Rode better. Much quieter and rode great. It is the best sled on snow right now. Not an opinion. 

great!  :thumbsup:

when you say lighter... how so?  lighter steering?  you picked it up over your head?  how so?

how is the seating better?  position, firmness, attack angle, less harsh on the hemmeroids???

rode better/great than an RR?  how so?  what type of conditions were you on?   

can't be the best yet, as no retail customer has received one.

it's all opinion, like 99% of the internet and 98% of the 'news' 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

great!  :thumbsup:

when you say lighter... how so?  lighter steering?  you picked it up over your head?  how so?

how is the seating better?  position, firmness, attack angle, less harsh on the hemmeroids???

rode better/great than an RR?  how so?  what type of conditions were you on?   

can't be the best yet, as no retail customer has received one.

it's all opinion, like 99% of the internet and 98% of the 'news' 

Steering is lighter. Shifting your weight, so easy to lift a ski. Seat is best I have sat on.firm, yet comfortable.  Way narrower than the Matrix, comfort wise. Ride same trail to same trail, better. ATAC is the real deal. Find one person who rode it and said it was not. Way past your bedtime. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Steering is lighter. Shifting your weight, so easy to lift a ski. Seat is best I have sat on.firm, yet comfortable.  Way narrower than the Matrix, comfort wise. Ride same trail to same trail, better. ATAC is the real deal. Find one person who rode it and said it was not. Way past your bedtime. 

tony-the-tiger-shrug.gif

• Haha 1

@Crnr2Crnr I know you are just getting him to show that he doesn't have a clue, but...

Did anyone expect anything more after a 15 min ride with a leader that had to keep stopping to let him catch up, than him regurgitating the marketing wank?

taperk posted a good real world review, from a knowledgeable sledder who can ride.

G5 cockpit is built for midgets...  Poo isn't bad, but has issues with banging shins

Catalyst has more leg room, and an easier sitting to standing transition, without any bodywork hitting your legs, even if you are leaned way over to push it through the turns.  at 6'4 I would have to work to move my leg outside of the body work to work hard in a turn, on the catalyst it can just go there naturally.  The downside is the footwells need some work, there is a big cutout on the side that lets your foot slide sideways and out, when pushing hard.  I'll prob just add a hunk of aluminum tube to mine to keep my foot from sliding out of the big cutout.

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:05 PM, ZR6000RR said:

Iron dog is only on the racer himself. Cross Country is all sled. I have ridden them all as well badger. Polaris? Ski lift and I hate that. Doo. Jittery. Not a fan. Cat. Like it is on rails. My kind of sled. They all ride similar but Cat gets the nod for handling and reliability. Pulled far to many other brands at my belt expense back to the trailers. Two different opinions. Mine is just better. Just stating! I could care less above 600. I and most could live with the single 400 cat motor. I am not out to kill myself. 

9 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

:lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

is your current sled difficult to steer?  does it vary based upon snow conditions?  have you considered altering any of the suspension components to suit your personal needs?

interesting feedback on the seat.  would you compare it to the comfort of a banana seat on a Schwinn Sting-Ray or one of those three wheeled bikes my grandmother used to pedal to the mail box?

Ride same trail, better is very confusing.  Can you translate this into a vernacular those of us without such insight might fathom?

Real deal... this sounds exciting.  Can it take a hit like the QS3's on your RR.  Any pictures of the whoops, holes and g-out's?

other peoples opinions don't matter at the present... only yours

9 minutes ago, krom said:

@Crnr2Crnr I know you are just getting him to show that he doesn't have a clue, but...

Did anyone expect anything more after a 15 min ride with a leader that had to keep stopping to let him catch up, than him regurgitating the marketing wank?

taperk posted a good real world review, from a knowledgeable sledder who can ride.

G5 cockpit is built for midgets...  Poo isn't bad, but has issues with banging shins

Catalyst has more leg room, and an easier sitting to standing transition, without any bodywork hitting your legs, even if you are leaned way over to push it through the turns.  at 6'4 I would have to work to move my leg outside of the body work to work hard in a turn, on the catalyst it can just go there naturally.  The downside is the footwells need some work, there is a big cutout on the side that lets your foot slide sideways and out, when pushing hard.  I'll prob just add a hunk of aluminum tube to mine to keep my foot from sliding out of the big cutout.

ikr ;)

T's opinion has far more resonance with me... just trying to figure out how the other half can compare or contrast the two... always keeping in mind Cat never really needed this chassis.  :)

ok, back to fishing now... don't spook the catch :fishing: