2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Time will tell and we still don't know specifics of the system.  Maybe they move it at both ends..  I'm interested to see it in person also.  I wouldn't think the cog belt would like it being not square either.  Could promote the belt walking off the sprockets if there's no ridge, or wear if there is a ridge.  Making the jackshaft true and running a tensioner may be a future aftermarket fix if they indeed only move it at one end.

There is a plate on both belt sprockets.

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

Every bearing has some play.  I'm not saying the TCL flexes.  Or the jackshaft.  But the jackshaft will change angle relative to the TCL this is because the bearing has some play and the jackshaft will pivot where it attaches to the TCL.  I don't think you are understanding leverage.  Take your chaincase off completely and move your jackshaft around.  You'll see the secondary clutch moving relative of the TCL.  Not in a center to center movement.  It changes angle.

Not enough to effect it let alone worry about it. 

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

I think it is being way over thought right now. 

It takes me under 2 seconds of thought to think of that scenario so I don't consider that over thinking.  It's just being curious and asking the question.  It may be a small enough change where it won't make a real tangible difference.  I don't know, nobody does at this point.  But it's a valid question.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not enough to effect it let alone worry about it. 

So the eccentric isn't really an adjuster? what good does very little movement do?   Sounds like they'd have been better off with a fixed belt drive center....time will tell.

6 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

The chain case, as you call it, is completely different. It is open on both sides, beside some bracing in where it bolts to the frame. Insider stated that the belt, once broken in has an infinite life

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am just saying what they are saying. Should last the life of the  sled. they don't stretch and have been proven in racing. You really need to do better at name calling. What are you, like 12? Mommy needs to wash your mouth out with soap maybe.

Spreading outright FALSE information once again. You are not helping Arctic Cat at all. You constantly spread nonsense and none of even the hardest-core Cat guys have any respect for you. Just stop already.

image.png.e0cf402878c38e1ab2b68f21d4a0854b.png

• Like 3

Just now, Boonbocker1 said:

So the eccentric isn't really an adjuster? what good does very little movement do?   Sounds like they'd have been better off with a fixed belt drive center....time will tell.

The eccentric is used so you can put in different gearing and use the same belt. 

I am guessing Cat is confident in it since according to them, they have yet to break a belt in testing. Could it happen? Sure! But I am not going to lose sleep over it. 

1 minute ago, Premium said:

Spreading outright FALSE information once again. You are not helping Arctic Cat at all. You constantly spread nonsense and none of even the hardest-core Cat guys have any respect for you. Just stop already.

image.png.e0cf402878c38e1ab2b68f21d4a0854b.png

You need to dig a little further. Kale stated that once broken in, it probably will outlast the sled itself. 

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The eccentric is used so you can put in different gearing and use the same belt. 

I am guessing Cat is confident in it since according to them, they have yet to break a belt in testing. Could it happen? Sure! But I am not going to lose sleep over it. 

If the top sprocket is adjustable enough to compensate for a gearing change then the angle the jackshaft changes due to it only being adjusted on 1 side will be significant enough to throw the secondary and top sprocket out of square from the primary clutch and the bottom sprocket.   Refer to this exagerated diagram.

angles.JPG

Edited by Boonbocker1

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You need to dig a little further. Kale stated that once broken in, it probably will outlast the sled itself. 

4. ARCTIC CAT BELT DRIVE – The all-new Belt Drive system is a departure from the traditional Arctic Cat chaincase, but the benefits outweigh any of the unknowns. Eliminating the rotating mass and weight of a traditional chaincase allows the 600cc C-TEC2 engine to spool up quicker providing better throttle response, instantaneous acceleration and frees up horsepower to transfer it to the snow more efficiently. The belt drive also eliminates the hassle of checking and replacing oil levels within a chaincase. Once your belt tension is set, the new belt drive is nearly service-free and hands-off. (Gearing varies between models) 

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Prove it.

Also, infinite life is NOT the same as lasting the life of the sled either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

4. ARCTIC CAT BELT DRIVE – The all-new Belt Drive system is a departure from the traditional Arctic Cat chaincase, but the benefits outweigh any of the unknowns. Eliminating the rotating mass and weight of a traditional chaincase allows the 600cc C-TEC2 engine to spool up quicker providing better throttle response, instantaneous acceleration and frees up horsepower to transfer it to the snow more efficiently. The belt drive also eliminates the hassle of checking and replacing oil levels within a chaincase. Once your belt tension is set, the new belt drive is nearly service-free and hands-off. (Gearing varies between models) 

What unknowns is cat referring too here??  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

He literally never says it will last the life of the sled let alone infinite life.  Again, you contribute basically nothing but false information.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Premium said:

He literally never says it will last the life of the sled let alone infinite life.  Again, you contribute basically nothing but false information.

If you say so boss. Fuck off!!!!

5 minutes ago, Premium said:

@ around the 6:00 mark... 

I don't distrust Ben... but it seems everyone here (minus one) wants far more details which aren't being provided at this time. 

Polaris uses a big f'ng aluminum plate to tie everything together so there's no movement.  

belt1.png

belt3.png

9 minutes ago, Premium said:

Prove it.

Also, infinite life is NOT the same as lasting the life of the sled either.

And, this is like the vaccine that got pushed out with zero long term testing.  How long has cat been testing this?  1-5 years?  That's the max amount they can possibly know.  I have sleds that are 30 years old and their life is far from over.

Also how can anyone say the benefits outweigh the unknown?  It's unknown.  What if the unknown is global annihilation?  The benefits would not outweigh that unknown.

And before zr6 gets defensive, I'm not even shitting on it.  I just have questions.  Just like with the jab or anything else in life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

And, this is like the vaccine that got pushed out with zero long term testing.  How long has cat been testing this?  1-5 years?  That's the max amount they can possibly know.  I have sleds that are 30 years old and their life is far from over.

Also how can anyone say the benefits outweigh the unknown?  It's unknown.  What if the unknown is global annihilation?  The benefits would not outweigh that unknown.

And before zr6 gets defensive, I'm not even shitting on it.  I just have questions.  Just like with the jab or anything else in life.

that's a weird analogy

I'd be happy with getting 2-3 seasons on a final drive belt, personally. It doesn't need to last forever. I typically replace my chains at that point anyway (around 6k miles). Plus you save on case fluid and all the other hassle associated with a sealed and lubed chain system.

Edited by Premium

37 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I think it is being way over thought right now. 

when even @mnstanglowers his green goggles for further analysis, you might too.

23 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Thanks MR Wizard! You  a very smart man.

he is pretty sharp... 

32 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

On the bold, how do they know this? Kind of a dumb remark. Maybe better to say that "we feel this system will prove to be superior to chaincase systems reliability and performance wise". The unknown is kind of open ended.

Its not like there are inches of adjustment, its not infinite, it has set positions.

But adjusting the belt WILL effect the secondary clutch, and change the angle of it relative to the primary.  Not much but it will, despite what moron claims.  The jackshaft is still mounted using self aligning bearings

cat belt drive.jpg

cat powertrain.jpg

• Like 2