2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

28 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Fuck you dumb! Those people you make fun of, probably make more money than you. Traffic safety is not a joke. I almost wish my wage, per hour was at there rate. Public record btw. Maybe you would want to change occupations. 

952e619a28d12927d24069bec94b4d5e.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Fuck you dumb! Those people you make fun of, probably make more money than you. Traffic safety is not a joke. I almost wish my wage, per hour was at there rate. Public record btw. Maybe you would want to change occupations. 

El6DhsEWMAAubUU.jpg

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

434igt.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

My 13 yr olds side hustle pays him more per hour than you make. Perhaps shutting the fuck up would be a good idea.

Oh look more school age bashing by grown men.

One thing I have noticed about the catalyst is that the final belt drive looks like they are using the old chaincase still because it looks like there's still the surrounding areas of it with the holes in it that the chaincase cover would bolt to.  I wonder if this is just for pre production and they'll have a more catalyst specific part for final production?  Seems like a waste of space and minor weight unless it's doubling as a belt guard?  I haven't looked close to see if it'd even work for that, doubt it.  Not sure you need a belt guard for a belt drive.

I wonder what the recommended service interval will be for replacing that belt, or if there will be one at all.  I will probably carry a spare one if they are doable to replace with basic onboard tools.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

Oh look more school age bashing by grown men.

One thing I have noticed about the catalyst is that the final belt drive looks like they are using the old chaincase still because it looks like there's still the surrounding areas of it with the holes in it that the chaincase cover would bolt to.  I wonder if this is just for pre production and they'll have a more catalyst specific part for final production?  Seems like a waste of space and minor weight unless it's doubling as a belt guard?  I haven't looked close to see if it'd even work for that, doubt it.  Not sure you need a belt guard for a belt drive.

I wonder what the recommended service interval will be for replacing that belt, or if there will be one at all.  I will probably carry a spare one if they are doable to replace with basic onboard tools.

The chain case, as you call it, is completely different. It is open on both sides, beside some bracing in where it bolts to the frame. Insider stated that the belt, once broken in has an infinite life. 

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Good for you, fuck face!

once again, would you say that to his face?    

I know the guy as do many here, and he's actually quite humble and helpful to others.  like a big teddy bear. :lmao:

you otoh contribute nothing but vitriol here and elsewhere and sooner or later those acidic fingers of yours are likely going to get you put in your place.    

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

noticed the inner case looks like the old one as well.  would think they will probably put some sort of ventilated cover over it for production considering it's proximity to the oil tank... and to keep some idiot from sticking his hand in there if it's being ran on a stand.  but, :dunno:?

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

once again, would you say that to his face?    

I know the guy as do many. here, and he's actually quite humble and helpful to others.  like a big teddy bear. :lmao:

you otoh contribute nothing but vitriol here and elsewhere and sooner or later those acidic fingers of yours are likely going to get you put in your place.    

noticed the inner case looks like the old one as well.  would think they will probably put some sort of ventilated cover over it for production considering it's proximity to the oil tank... and to keep some idiot from sticking his hand in there if it's being ran on a stand.  but, :dunno:?

He insults me, I do it right back. Not rocket science.

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

He insults me, I do it right back. Not rocket science.

you've certainly done a fabulous job of painting a target upon yourself.  

have you heard the phrase you catch more flies with honey than vinegar ? maybe use a bit less vinegar down the path.  ;)

15 hours ago, Ziemann said:

LOL- ANY  copy / paste would be from my posts that I made on HCS or ArcticChat back when this shit show was going on. EVERYONE knows that the '12's were piles of shit and not ready for market. It is comical that you deny that- you completely undermine what little credibility you have left. Please, tell us how great they were.....

There are plenty of folks on here, AChat, or HCS that can vouch for my work..... Hell, like a noob, use the search tool on HCS and search for those posts yourself.....

Don't talk to me about credibility after getting owned badly on basic knowledge. Eat your loss like a man and don't confront me unless you got your ducks in a row next time.
As far as belt/clutching issues I'll be the first one to admit the clutching issues of those sleds, I had to play with mine to get it right and that was after the updates.I never said they didn't have issues, but it wasn't a train wreck by any means. 2012 was the 3rd year of the 160HP Zuke and thats a solid engine, albeit dirty, but solid.

I see people with lots of miles on 2012's and 2013's. Lots of new chassis's sleds have issues, the first year Rush needed plenty of tweaks/updates the next few years. The first 850 motor Polaris came out with was junk, the list goes on.

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

The chain case, as you call it, is completely different. It is open on both sides, beside some bracing in where it bolts to the frame. Insider stated that the belt, once broken in has an infinite life. 

From the pictures or videos I've seen it sure looks like the inner half of a chaincase from a procross.  It at least looks like it is made with screw holes to be used with a cover that is not there.

Nothing made of rubber has an infinite life.  Actually nothing in this universe has an infinite life.  That's a ridiculous statement.  If someone wants to say a certain component is not a wear item and has no recommended service interval that is one thing and I'd still disagree with that in this belt instance.  (Every car with a timing belt has a service interval).  But to say anything has infinite life, especially a rubber belt, is wrong, to put it nicely.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you've certainly done a fabulous job of painting a target upon yourself.  

have you heard the phrase you catch more flies with honey than vinegar ? maybe use a bit less vinegar down the path.  ;)

To be fair, all you guys attacking him are assholes too and this place in general is just circling the drain with a few turds still in it.  Trolly forums never grow.  Have you heard the phrase it takes two to tango?  Don't pretend like this non stop retarded bickering is one sided.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mnstang said:

From the pictures or videos I've seen it sure looks like the inner half of a chaincase from a procross.  It at least looks like it is made with screw holes to be used with a cover that is not there.

Nothing made of rubber has an infinite life.  Actually nothing in this universe has an infinite life.  That's a ridiculous statement.  If someone wants to say a certain component is not a wear item and has no recommended service interval that is one thing and I'd still disagree with that in this belt instance.  (Every car with a timing belt has a service interval).  But to say anything has infinite life, especially a rubber belt, is wrong, to put it nicely.

It’s a different shape and hollowed out in the back between the cogs, I looked at the pics while I had a PC chaincase apart to compare. Not sure what’s with the screw holes though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It’s a different shape and hollowed out in the back between the cogs, I looked at the pics while I had a PC chaincase apart to compare. Not sure what’s with the screw holes though.

Ok I didn't look at it that close to see if it was exactly the same but it didn't look right with unused mounting holes, didn't look like a finished product.  Maybe there will be a cover for production models, I'd think there would be.

25 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Ok I didn't look at it that close to see if it was exactly the same but it didn't look right with unused mounting holes, didn't look like a finished product.  Maybe there will be a cover for production models, I'd think there would be.

You don't want to fully cover the belt drive. It needs cool air.

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You don't want to fully cover the belt drive. It needs cool air.

I didn't say fully cover.  You can have a guard that still allows air.  Just like a cvt system.

But why do you need that?  It doesn't slip, so shouldn't be generating heat.  Heat generation is a biproduct of inefficiency/wasted energy.. and everyone claims belt drive is so efficient?   Also you said infinite life so it should not matter.  

Side note I do find it funny that I've read many reviews or videos that talk about how strong the sled feels and they always chalk it up to belt drive.  I don't doubt it may feel faster and that it is faster.  But funny how everyone relates it directly to the belt drive.  I don't know why someone would think there's a dramatic efficiency benefit going from an oiled chain and gears to a belt.  How much loss do people think a chain has?  An oiled chain at that.  If anything I think the chain would have less loss but it's negligible in either case and not something anyone would notice.  I'd think the benefits of the belt is less weight and cheaper cost, not efficiency.

12 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Infinite life.  Yeah, sure.  Does cat really think their buyers are that fucking stupid?  Well, other than dumstad anyway.

I am just saying what they are saying. Should last the life of the  sled. they don't stretch and have been proven in racing. You really need to do better at name calling. What are you, like 12? Mommy needs to wash your mouth out with soap maybe. 

I am anxious to see the belt drive adjustment in person. I have so many questions, is the eccentric adjuster on both side of the jackshaft?  If not. How does the system handle the angular misalignment of the sprockets?  What about the same angular misalignment on the clutch side?

Maybe a non issue if the complete jackshaft, top sprocket and secondary clutch all move together.  If not, I'm curious how the whole system will play out durability wise.  Its no secret that belts don't do well with misalignment.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
On 3/18/2023 at 1:36 PM, Ziemann said:

Alright- I'll bite!  :-)

LOL- Give me a fucking break. You @stinkipinki, like Ramstad @ZR6000RR, pretend to be knowledgeable, but don't know shit. You were either absent, or not paying attention at that time. Unlike you and Ramstad that are nothing more than green cheerleader wannabe's, there are several of us here that had a ton of first hand experience, and had cell #'s of engineers at that time to help sort out the issues. It was bad. 

The '12's sucked, and it embedded a ton of mistrust of Arctic Cat due to what they dumped on dealers and customers. The '12's were not refined at all. Those of us that bought '12's were Guinea Pigs so Cat could finish development. If I sat here, I could come up with several more issues than I've already posted with the '12's. 

There's a reason why the Fox Floats went away. Remember the hundreds of Fox Float posts on HCS with people desperate to get the right pressure to fix the handling and ride woes on the Floats that year? Google is your friend. 

You don't even remember the issues with the Tri-Hub? LOL

ECU's being destroyed by belts that grenaded? Or belts thru the belly pan and even occasionally blowing the side panels off? I remember working on clutching fixes at that time to try to keep belts on those sleds. Tons of testing went in to addressing alignment issues, clutch calibration, even belt compounds to help guys keep belts on not only the Turbos, but the F800's as well (which weren't nearly as bad).

Anyone remember the headlights that aimed at the sky?

Or the initially inaccurate directions for installing the tall windshield that caused many people to drill in to the headlight housing?

REMEMBER THE GLACIERS that built up on the tunnels of the '12 causing Cat to redesign the tunnel and replace the dented tunnels on many '12's?

REMEMBER the snow ingestion issue? It resulted in burn downs on the 2 strokes and later Cat fixed the issue with a different intake gasket and 2 long screws by the intake to keep the hood from moving enough to break the seal.

Remember those that bought LXR's in '12 that didn't get a battery or electric start? 

I could go on all fucking day.....

All of those issues that I posted previously were well discussed on HCS at the time. I remember posting pictures constantly of sleds that I was working on that had those frequent issues. It was a mess. You have no credibility at all if you're trying to sugar coat the '12's. Those sleds gave Cat a HUGE black eye. Cat even took back some Turbos that year that they could not fix. 

The good news is that things improved for '13, and were great from '14 on....

Gates measurement.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

Don’t forget the motor mount that attaches to the heat exchanger and rips and leaks brilliant design, front suspension cross bar where it mounts cracks and the bar itself cracks in half too,3 wheel needs to be converted, cracked rails, jack shaft/reverse idk how many times that broke. My bud went through 3 to 4yrs of absolute hell with his 12 turbo. Literally everything on that sled has been changed but the motor but that’s Suzuki so obviously that’s good. After those first few years and thousand of dollars and time wasted it was a pretty good sled. His winder has been flawless for almost 10k. Anyone who says 12s were good 😂 😂 😂 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I am just saying what they are saying. Should last the life of the  sled. they don't stretch and have been proven in racing. 

Proven in racing?  What does that mean?  Have they run a race that lasted to infinity?  If so I missed that one. 

News flash dumstad, race sleds have an entirely different maintenance schedule than trail sleds.  Who knows, maybe they actually do run that belt an entire season without changing it.  Even if they do that's not infinite but I do understand how you wouldn't get this.

20 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Don’t forget the motor mount that attaches to the heat exchanger and rips and leaks brilliant design, front suspension cross bar where it mounts cracks and the bar itself cracks in half too,3 wheel needs to be converted, cracked rails, jack shaft/reverse idk how many times that broke. My bud went through 3 to 4yrs of absolute hell with his 12 turbo. Literally everything on that sled has been changed but the motor but that’s Suzuki so obviously that’s good. After those first few years and thousand of dollars and time wasted it was a pretty good sled. His winder has been flawless for almost 10k. Anyone who says 12s were good 😂 😂 😂 

i changed one of those exchangers last year. that sucked bad

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Proven in racing?  What does that mean?  Have they run a race that lasted to infinity?  If so I missed that one. 

News flash dumstad, race sleds have an entirely different maintenance schedule than trail sleds.  Who knows, maybe they actually do run that belt an entire season without changing it.  Even if they do that's not infinite but I do understand how you wouldn't get this.

Again, talk to your kids about how to insult. You are terrible at it.