2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

Oh so now all the internet commentators are up in arms about something someone saw on a freaking demo sled.  Guess what the side belly pan on my procross has made contact with my clutch at least once but likely more times.  Stuff happens when you tip machines over.  I'm not worried about some pre production demo and if there is an actual issue then cat knows about it.  If that's the biggest smear from the haters I should probably get another one.  Lame internet bench buyers 

Edited by mnstang
  • Like 1

2012 was a disaster in terms of quality and created some serious trust issues.  The 03 F7 had it's fair share of issues and service bulletins too but that sled's sheer performance kept the problems from bogging down it's reception and it's legacy.

I think we can be reasonably sure that the Catalyst won't have nearly the teething issues if only because they've had 12 years to figure it out :lolz:.

Let us hope the bean counters haven't given us shafts made of bottom barrel chinesium and slapped it together with self tappers.  Things are looking up for sure, there isn't any rexnord chain or friction pad tensioner to destroy right off the bat!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Oh so now all the internet commentators are up in arms about something someone saw on a freaking demo sled.  

For most it's just commentary about an unbiased review.  Not just fans blowing about what a gamechanger it is.  The orders are in and production will be starting soon.  The runway to fix remaining issues is getting shorter by the day.

It's good cat finally brought a modern chassis to market.  It's not good that it only comes in a warmed over 600.  It's not good that it is now the most expensive option of the three manufacturers.  It's not good that supply is so limited that it sold out in minutes.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Oh so now all the internet commentators are up in arms about something someone saw on a freaking demo sled.  Guess what the side belly pan on my procross has made contact with my clutch at least once but likely more times.  Stuff happens when you tip machines over.  I'm not worried about some pre production demo and if there is an actual issue then cat knows about it.  If that's the biggest smear from the haters I should probably get another one.  Lame internet bench buyers 

I could care less about the pan hitting the clutch. The "button" they put there and rubs against the clutch cover however is a concern since these ADAPT clutch covers have been cracking on current sleds. It's a VERY minor thing for sure. But it did make me go hmm.

I got 2 ordered. And a 3rd with my wife's name on it. I'm excited to get this chassis and get it figured out. You really couldn't tell a lot about the way it works under the limited conditions we had on the 15 minute ride. Some things stood out....seating position, flat cornering front end, etc. But other things you just weren't able to tell.... stutter bump compliance, how it handles whoops, etc.  I can't wait for next season to work out these questions and see how this chassis shines. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

I could care less about the pan hitting the clutch. The "button" they put there and rubs against the clutch cover however is a concern since these ADAPT clutch covers have been cracking on current sleds. It's a VERY minor thing for sure. But it did make me go hmm.

I got 2 ordered. And a 3rd with my wife's name on it. I'm excited to get this chassis and get it figured out. You really couldn't tell a lot about the way it works under the limited conditions we had on the 15 minute ride. Some things stood out....seating position, flat cornering front end, etc. But other things you just weren't able to tell.... stutter bump compliance, how it handles whoops, etc.  I can't wait for next season to work out these questions and see how this chassis shines. 

I have never heard of the ADAPT clutch cover cracking. Same cover thickness as far as I can tell as the team.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

I bet I can send a belt through the belly pan of a catalyst just as good i as could through a procross belly pan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, taperk600 said:

Some things stood out....seating position, flat cornering front end, etc. But other things you just weren't able to tell.... stutter bump compliance, how it handles whoops, etc.  I can't wait for next season to work out these questions and see how this chassis shines. 

what previous or current models would you compare the seat, seating position and attack angle to?  how did it feel riding while standing up?  

comparing the old SP's to my brothers 21 RXC... I prefer the seat and position much more on the SP and in the woods from 0-50 it's much easier to ride stand up and toss the SP around for amusement.

idk if anyone has discussed this specific topic and while it may seem trivial to some for personal health purposes I can't just sit on the saddle and ride for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.  plus, I enjoy it.  :)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 3/9/2023 at 3:04 PM, Not greg b said:

Oooo buddy. Cage match 2024 is starting at the cat dealers 

0D2D78BF-7985-465E-975C-ABBD0DB4EBFA.jpeg

Fuck those clowns at Mega.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what previous or current models would you compare the seat, seating position and attack angle to?  how did it feel riding while standing up?  

comparing the old SP's to my brothers 21 RXC... I prefer the seat and position much more on the SP and in the woods from 0-50 it's much easier to ride stand up and toss the SP around for amusement.

idk if anyone has discussed this specific topic and while it may seem trivial to some for personal health purposes I can't just sit on the saddle and ride for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.  plus, I enjoy it.  :)

Well, some of us still feel the 500/600 SnoPro chassis was about the best seating position (and seat) that Cat had come out with. The ProCross was never as good in my opinion. Especially the seat on ProCross never compared to the SP 500/600 seat. Better because the Catalyst feels (and looks) more modern and refined. 

If I was to look at Cat, I would say the Catalyst is very similar to (even dare say better than) the SP500/600 in seating position. 

I didn't ride much standing up, but the transition to standing up was effortless.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Well, some of us still feel the 500/600 SnoPro chassis was about the best seating position (and seat) that Cat had come out with. The ProCross was never as good in my opinion. Especially the seat on ProCross never compared to the SP 500/600 seat. Better because the Catalyst feels (and looks) more modern and refined. 

If I was to look at Cat, I would say the Catalyst is very similar to (even dare say better than) the SP500/600 in seating position. 

I didn't ride much standing up, but the transition to standing up was effortless.

IMO if they would have stretched the sp chassis like an inch and cleaned up the plastics it would have been the next sled over the procross. The procross came about to fit way to many engines in it. Now that all those engine options are gone they are going back to the compacted chassis around the engine. A stripped down Polaris has a lot of similarities to the old pro.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

That and suzuki. So you must throw away your arctic cat that was made before 2018 

Thanks for the heads up, I'll let the garbage man know mine will be by the can on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

On 3/12/2023 at 10:10 AM, Premium said:

2012 was a disaster in terms of quality and created some serious trust issues.  

Says who? The only updates my 12 needed were related to the secondary.
After the 13 updates that sled was solid, and it won the shootout that year.
The actual build quality of the ProCross is very good, its a strong, well built chassis.

10 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll let the garbage man know mine will be by the can on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

I will be by on Tuesday to garbage pick. Don’t mind the hobo with wrenches. I am going to help the less fortunate that didn’t throw away their pre 18 cats they can’t get parts for. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Lol.  Ask any Cat fanatic and they will tell you to run like hell from a 12.  And let's be real, if not you'd have one as there are plenty that are as affordable as the poo you chose to buy 

Never had any problems with my 12 or 14 or 15 or 17 or 19!!!!!!

9 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Says who? The only updates my 12 needed were related to the secondary.

Have you been living under a rock for the last 11 years? There were lots of calibration and quality issues that needed to be sorted out in '12. To be frank, it wasn't ready for release. 

The Turbo's and F800's both had issues related to belt heat & alignment. Lot of issues.....coolant hose leaks. Tri-Hub bearing issues. Chain case weeping. Over rev. Shitty Fox Float 2 calibration. In the pics- IMAGINE the joy of blowing a belt and it destroying the Turbo's ECU because some engineer mounted the ECU to the belt guard. Good times. 

The good news is that almost all of those issues were improved for '13, and almost completely gone for '14. My '14 RR was a very solid sled in comparison. 

Jet orange skis.JPG

Jet belt 2.JPG

27 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Have you been living under a rock for the last 11 years? There were lots of calibration and quality issues that needed to be sorted out in '12. To be frank, it wasn't ready for release. 

The Turbo's and F800's both had issues related to belt heat & alignment. Lot of issues.....coolant hose leaks. Tri-Hub bearing issues. Chain case weeping. Over rev. Shitty Fox Float 2 calibration. In the pics- IMAGINE the joy of blowing a belt and it destroying the Turbo's ECU because some engineer mounted the ECU to the belt guard. Good times. 

The good news is that almost all of those issues were improved for '13, and almost completely gone for '14. My '14 RR was a very solid sled in comparison. 

Jet orange skis.JPG

Jet belt 2.JPG

The 14 is how the 12s should have been 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The 14 is how the 12s should have been 

Bingo!!!! Frankly, from the '14's on, my Procross sleds were really solid. Well, all except that ZR3000 I bought for my wife....that was an abomination....... 

13 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Bingo!!!! Frankly, from the '14's on, my Procross sleds were really solid. Well, all except that ZR3000 I bought for my wife....that was an abomination....... 

Well the 12 year poo 800 upgrades supersedes, so poo life is an abomination in its self.