2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

22 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Goes to show you people have not wanted the procross for sometime 

During the photo shoot, we never saw the 7000, but they did pull the covers off the ZR 8000, Riot 8000 and Riot 9000 and we got to ride those during our free time / trail rides.  We never had enough Catalyst sleds for everyone that wanted to ride one, so there was always a "sorting out" about who would get them and who would be stuck with a ProCross.  Everyone was really good about taking turns, but nobody wanted to ride the "old iron".

On one of the rides, one of the ad agency guys went along.  I got the Riot 9000 and he got the Riot 8000.  After a few miles, we stopped for a gear check and make sure everyone was keeping up.  The ad agency guy was complaining about how tough it was to ride the Riot 8000.  I said, I'll take it, got one just like that at home - you take mine.  Next stop, he was talking about how much better it rode.

EPS really tames the beast, especially the 4-stroke ProCross sleds.  That's a great system.  With EPS, it was really easy to force the ProCross into understeer situations, though - the Riot 9000, even more than the T-cat, is for experienced riders.  It's scary how fast you can exceed the limitations of the ProCross, with the engine and EPS together. 

1 minute ago, Hub said:

ZR6000 l agree with Krom you are a fucking idiot. 

Well I think you and Krom can go fuck each other because I could care less what you think of me. Idiot is a word I will say fits you to butt munchers well. 

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

During the photo shoot, we never saw the 7000, but they did pull the covers off the ZR 8000, Riot 8000 and Riot 9000 and we got to ride those during our free time / trail rides.  We never had enough Catalyst sleds for everyone that wanted to ride one, so there was always a "sorting out" about who would get them and who would be stuck with a ProCross.  Everyone was really good about taking turns, but nobody wanted to ride the "old iron".

On one of the rides, one of the ad agency guys went along.  I got the Riot 9000 and he got the Riot 8000.  After a few miles, we stopped for a gear check and make sure everyone was keeping up.  The ad agency guy was complaining about how tough it was to ride the Riot 8000.  I said, I'll take it, got one just like that at home - you take mine.  Next stop, he was talking about how much better it rode.

EPS really tames the beast, especially the 4-stroke ProCross sleds.  That's a great system.  With EPS, it was really easy to force the ProCross into understeer situations, though - the Riot 9000, even more than the T-cat, is for experienced riders.  It's scary how fast you can exceed the limitations of the ProCross, with the engine and EPS together. 

After having 2 7000s I could see where that EPS would be really nice when riding all day on the 4 stroke. I couldn’t be believe the difference on how lighter my 8000 was compared to the 7000 back to back. I put like 200 miles on the 7000 that day while I waited for a part to get my 8000 going. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

After having 2 7000s I could see where that EPS would be really nice when riding all day on the 4 stroke. I couldn’t be believe the difference on how lighter my 8000 was compared to the 7000 back to back. I put like 200 miles on the 7000 that day while I waited for a part to get my 8000 going. 

not possible, because #1 it's impossible to hurt a Procross... #2 because you don't have as good of a dealer as everyone here, and #3 they needed all those components to build b-Last's that winter.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jdsky said:

More bullshit.  BRP is not funded by the Canadian government anymore than Polaris would be.  They are a publicly traded company and as such all of their financials are public record.  

Their sleds seem to be less this year because their prices have not gone up as much as the competition.  Obviously because cat only markets high performance sleds to a very small niche they must have finally figured out that these guys will pay big bucks for super high performance 600's.  They also figured out these buyers are also willing to pay an additional $700 fuck me up the ass charge.

Brp has received a lot of financial help from the Canadian government, in the form of low or no interest loans, when they couldn't get the money from traditional sources. 

You would know that, if you could read those financial reports that you mentioned. 

Also if you could read a website, you might be able to realize that ac is not charging any such thing as a logistics surcharge, just $700 freight. Poo and doo charge freight as well. 

Edited by krom
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, krom said:

Brp has received a lot of financial help from the Canadian government, in the form of low or no interest loans, when they couldn't get the money from traditional sources. 

You would know that, if you could read those financial reports that you mentioned. 

Also if you could read a website, you might be able to realize that ac is not charging any such thing as a logistics surcharge, just $700 freight. Poo and doo charge freight as well. 

You are correct,  but $700 is a lot excessive as fuel cost at the moment are down.

7 hours ago, krom said:

Loans and subsidies are a lot different. Good business move for Canada. 

12 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Loans and subsidies are a lot different. Good business move for Canada. 

I wouldn’t argue with that at all.  The question of what kind of assistance and the broader question of whether BRP has benefitted in any way from government assistance have both been answered to my satisfaction.

Edited by p51mstg

13 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well I think you and Krom can go fuck each other because I could care less what you think of me. Idiot is a word I will say fits you to butt munchers well. 

YEAH NANANANA POO POO STICK YOUR HEAD IN DOO DOO!!!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, krom said:

You guys love to quote old shit from decades ago.  Any form of government help was prior to the formation of BRP the PUBLIC company.  You haven't read a single financial report in your life.

As for the charge.  Here is the disclaimer from cats website.  Plus destination charge and setup.  Logistics surcharge of $700. 

You have part of it right. BRP charges a destination (shipping) and setup charge but they do not have any Logistics surcharge. 

*Plus destination charge and set-up.

Logistics surcharge of $700 will apply.

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

You are correct,  but $700 is a lot excessive as fuel cost at the moment are down.

Did you even ask your dealer if the $700 logistics surcharge includes destination and setup fees?  

Just now, jdsky said:

Did you even ask your dealer if the $700 logistics surcharge includes destination and setup fees?  

The $700.00 shows up as shipping. They waved the $200.00 set up fee.

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

There's no destination charge.  The shipping charge is listed as "logistics".  The setup fees are based on what the dealer wants to charge, some are waiving that, and I have heard of others charging up to $750.

I think the confusion comes from inconsistencies between the various screens and sources, and that's on Cat - not us.  When you actually step through the process, it's clear.  But for anyone trying to figure it out without actually buying something it's confusing.

Just now, p51mstg said:

There's no destination charge.  The shipping charge is listed as "logistics".  The setup fees are based on what the dealer wants to charge, some are waiving that, and I have heard of others charging up to $750.

I think the confusion comes from inconsistencies between the various screens and sources, and that's on Cat - not us.  When you actually step through the process, it's clear.  But for anyone trying to figure it out without actually buying something it's confusing.

I am maybe assuming here a bit but I don't think you pay tax on shipping.

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

You guys love to quote old shit from decades ago.  Any form of government help was prior to the formation of BRP the PUBLIC company.  You haven't read a single financial report in your life.

As for the charge.  Here is the disclaimer from cats website.  Plus destination charge and setup.  Logistics surcharge of $700. 

You have part of it right. BRP charges a destination (shipping) and setup charge but they do not have any Logistics surcharge. 

*Plus destination charge and set-up.

Logistics surcharge of $700 will apply.

How can you be so proud of being this fucking stupid.  I know you can't read the financial reports you brought up, but a few seconds on google you would know "Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) received two venture loans the Québec government had granted it in January 2007 and March 2009."  So while your dumb ass might try and weasle out claiming this was "decades ago"  The fact stands that you are completely wrong, (yet again) BRP absolutely got government support well after the split from Bombardier.

Also what kind of a moron argues about the logistics charge with a guy who does it for a living, and has the price sheet in their hands?

Do me a favor and show me where there is a logistics surcharge....

image.thumb.png.121ad5f5838dc5f8bba4498d71cb3dfb.png

Edited by krom

25 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Meanwhile it is a snooze fest in the Poo and Doo boards. I guess they are all buying or have bought in to the Catalyst.

Derrr, this is not the AC board.  Not everyone is dumb enough to be a single brand buyer.  Have 3 different ones in my garage at the moment.  All fit a specific need.  No dumbgoggles that you revel in wearing here.

21 minutes ago, krom said:

How can you be so proud of being this fucking stupid.  I know you can't read the financial reports you brought up, but a few seconds on google you would know "Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) received two venture loans the Québec government had granted it in January 2007 and March 2009."  So while your dumb ass might try and weasle out claiming this was "decades ago"  The fact stands that you are completely wrong, (yet again) BRP absolutely got government support well after the split from Bombardier.

Also what kind of a moron argues about the logistics charge with a guy who does it for a living, and has the price sheet in their hands?

2 year factory warranty on pre-orders?  That's gotta be new right? Pretty cool.

• Like 2

So if cat doesn't capture 20% market share this year is the catalyst considered a flop?  I read alot in here from a couple guys that catalyst is the future and poo and doo have next to nothing that any consumer is excited about and cat is stealing other brands customers.

Is 20% market reasonable for cat to grab this year?

What % share does poo and doo loose to cat this year?

Edited by Boonbocker1

49 minutes ago, krom said:

I don't want to draw fire, but Arctic Cat calls it "shipping", Rollick called it "destination" on my quote, and I know I saw "logistics" in places, as well.  It's obviously the same thing, and I blame Textron for making this more confusing than it needed to be. 

We're arguing about what something is called, and it's all the same thing.  This is like arguing about whether there's a half dozen eggs, 6 eggs or a commodity worth more than gold - it's all the same thing.  There are a lot of things to argue about, and it seems wasteful to pick this topic.

By the way, I think I got a year warranty on my 21 Riot, which is effectively 3 months of actual riding time.  I'm glad to see them go to 2 years.  There are so many things like this that I think Cat should have made a big deal out of, I don't understand why they didn't.  Not to sell more sleds this year, but to sell more sleds NEXT year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Premium said:

2 year factory warranty on pre-orders?  That's gotta be new right? Pretty cool.

2 year on pre-orders, 1 year on regular purchase.  Or 2 seasons, and one season, for those among us

1 hour ago, Boonbocker1 said:

So if cat doesn't capture 20% market share this year is the catalyst considered a flop?  I read alot in here from a couple guys that catalyst is the future and poo and doo have next to nothing that any consumer is excited about and cat is stealing other brands customers.

Is 20% market reasonable for cat to grab this year?

What % share does poo and doo loose to cat this year?

Cat will get a pop from this release, but aren't able to build enough to gain sizeable, or even measurable market share.  It does have more other brand riders interested (calling or stopping in for info/pricing)

After a season on the snow, and the release of the big 2 stroke, etc.  they will start to gain back

• Like 2