2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

11 hours ago, krom said:

@Tripleflipper read this as many times as it takes to sink in....

He has the same green glasses, if this was the case Doo would be out of business. Same as poo when you claim their engines are all garbage, again they'd be out of business. The only one close to calling it a day is YOUR brand. :lol2:

Edited by Tripleflipper

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Skidoo seems to have the best pricing this season. Could have something to do with them being built in Canada. The 650 xcr and rxc are a couple hundred bucks difference in price 

It’s confusing I thought the polaris were a lot less but once you “build and price” a base 650 xcr the price goes up to $16,500 for a 128 and $16,800 for a 136. Still not bad comparatively. Ski Doo is mostly funded by the Canadian government so they’re probably better off selling shit cheap to show less profit and get more cash.

21 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It’s confusing I thought the polaris were a lot less but once you “build and price” a base 650 xcr the price goes up to $16,500 for a 128 and $16,800 for a 136. Still not bad comparatively. Ski Doo is mostly funded by the Canadian government so they’re probably better off selling shit cheap to show less profit and get more cash.

Not sure if that's accurate. They may have had some in the past but I think that was when Bombardier was not just the recreational division but also the transportation one as well which included trains and planes. They separated years ago. BRP and Bombardier are totally independent of each other.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Brp has nothing to do with the Canadian government funding it. I think the exchange rates are keeping the doo pricing down. They were typically highest 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Brp has nothing to do with the Canadian government funding it. I think the exchange rates are keeping the doo pricing down. They were typically highest 

The exchange rate is kind of a double edged sword. The Cd dollar is pretty weak against the U.S. dollar so whatever is imported to the U.S. will have a pretty good advantage as far as pricing but it also means that goods purchased in Cd. dollars also cost more because of the valuation. Right now the exchange rate is $1 U.S. is worth $1.37 Cd.

18 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

I think the B-last and ZR7000 are still available...............

I actually saw my first Blast ever on the trail this past weekend in Michigan's Upper Penninsula.  Although it was technically a Venom so does it truly count!? :lolz:

• Haha 2

Just now, Premium said:

I actually saw my first Blast ever on the trail this past weekend in Michigan's Upper Penninsula.  Although it was technically a Venom so does it truly count!? :lolz:

Should have been at Pinehurst last weekend. They were racing the Blast. KC Pro! tons on the trail as well.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Premium said:

I saw a Cat branded one in January in the UP.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

For under 600 bucks you can put Fox Shocks on the Blast. All 4!

maybe they should come with real shocks instead of cheap shit shocks from a golf cart.  💡

to race one, start reinforcing... 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/tech-tip-upgrading-your-blast-zr-for-competition/

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe they should come with real shocks instead of cheap shit shocks from a golf cart.  💡

to race one, start reinforcing... 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/tech-tip-upgrading-your-blast-zr-for-competition/

Really? So it is more Ski doo and Poo like until you beef it up for racing. Looks pretty simple to me. Friend did it to his granddaughters sled. Was not very expensive and with the proper tools, took no time at all. Would be a good replacement for your 500's. About the same HP and top speed.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Really? So it is more Ski doo and Poo like until you beef it up for racing. Looks pretty simple to me. Friend did it to his granddaughters sled. Was not very expensive and with the proper tools, took no time at all. Would be a good replacement for your 500's. About the same HP and top speed.

the B-Last is something Costco should sell... Just a cheap pile of disposable parts compared to a SP chassis. 

are you new to Arctic Cat snowmobiles?  

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

what do I need to do to make my kawasaki go faster?

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the B-Last is something Costco should sell... Just a cheap pile of disposable parts compared to a SP chassis. 

are you new to Arctic Cat snowmobiles?  

Soon there will be no parts for your sleds as they are getting to the age where they do not have to supply parts. The Blast would be to much for you anyway.

21 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Soon there will be no parts for your sleds as they are getting to the age where they do not have to supply parts. The Blast would be to much for you anyway.

If that is the approach of the manufacturer kiss their clientele goodbye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

The exchange rate is kind of a double edged sword. The Cd dollar is pretty weak against the U.S. dollar so whatever is imported to the U.S. will have a pretty good advantage as far as pricing but it also means that goods purchased in Cd. dollars also cost more because of the valuation. Right now the exchange rate is $1 U.S. is worth $1.37 Cd.

Yep. I think this is the big reason for the huge price gap between the lynx and doo. The euro being stronger than the dollar has the lynx pricing a lot higher. When the rave first came to the us, pricing was close between the skidoo and lynx. 

7 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Ski Doo is mostly funded by the Canadian government so they’re probably better off selling shit cheap to show less profit and get more cash.

More bullshit.  BRP is not funded by the Canadian government anymore than Polaris would be.  They are a publicly traded company and as such all of their financials are public record.  

Their sleds seem to be less this year because their prices have not gone up as much as the competition.  Obviously because cat only markets high performance sleds to a very small niche they must have finally figured out that these guys will pay big bucks for super high performance 600's.  They also figured out these buyers are also willing to pay an additional $700 fuck me up the ass charge.

40 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I know more about finding hard to find parts than you know about stealing gravel.  

$400 fox shocks for a B-Last?  Boy, I bet those are some high quality... just spent nearly that much getting a rush servicing on good shocks.  :roflcrying:

IMG_20230307_125919600.jpg

IMG_20230307_125929304.jpg

IMG_20230307_125941629.jpg

IMG_20230307_125958487.jpg

IMG_20230307_133508785.jpg