2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

It’s because of morons like your friend that used car and sled prices went full retard. All a guy has to do is be patient and they won’t pay out the ass for anything. 

There are several new Blasts in my area. Families bought them for their kids. But, there are like 5 new EVO’s to every Blast I see. 

Yeah he should have waited for a year before buying, or maybe two.  And then hope the prices are less then.  Hahaha 

I will drop another thing. Every dealer that was dropped was because they chose to get rid of cat. There are so many laws against that. You can’t cancel dealer like the internet says. My company tried to do it and we couldn’t 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I will drop another thing. Every dealer that was dropped was because they chose to get rid of cat. There are so many laws against that. You can’t cancel dealer like the internet says. My company tried to do it and we couldn’t 

The laws vary state by state, but even in states with strong dealer protection laws the company can cancel a dealer if they want to.  Same way they got all the old guard in TRF to "retire"

NY has some of the strongest laws in the country, and they got rid of a lot of dealers (all 5 in the Rochester area alone).

It may cost the factory some money but they have enough lawyers on staff to prove that the dealer was "under performing"

• Like 1

They certainly dumped dealers that were underperforming but those that I know were great dealers and had sold shitloads of Cats over the decades dumped Cat because of their shitty support and poor warranty claim reimbursement.  

10 minutes ago, Premium said:

So do you think Cat will give us a dry weight on this thing tomorrow??

That's a big no.

But I think I have read 5% weight loss?  Or maybe it was 10%.  Either way they gave a percentage loss but not a hard number which they haven't been doing that since maybe the twin spar 

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

That's a big no.

But I think I have read 5% weight loss?  Or maybe it was 10%.  Either way they gave a percentage loss but not a hard number which they haven't been doing that since maybe the twin spar 

10% per marketing

40-50 lbs depending on model per engineering guys they sent to the shows

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, krom said:

10% per marketing

I like the sound of that!

When everything officially launches I'd like to see dry weight on the website again.

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, krom said:

10% per marketing

With or without engine's? I looked a the new model's at haydays, looked super lightweight to me.

34 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That's a big no.

anything 452lbs or under without restart... great.  

I was going to say 450 but it has that goofy looking headlamp with added weight 

31 minutes ago, krom said:

10% per marketing

same marketing at Polaris that claims a 10% increase in power, but never makes a baseline claim? 

dumb as saying 160hp class, and not delivering 160 as the minimum 

1 minute ago, MnDean said:

With or without engine's? I looked a the new model's at haydays, looked super lightweight to me.

how does something look lightweight? 

Q:. Which weighs more? 

1000lbs of bowling balls or 1000lbs of duck feathers?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how does something look lightweight? 

Q:. Which weighs more? 

1000lbs of bowling balls or 1000lbs of duck feathers?

Hmm, tough question, one thing for sure is that's a lot of duck plucking to find out.😄

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

same marketing at Polaris that claims a 10% increase in power, but never makes a baseline claim? 

dumb as saying 160hp class, and not delivering 160 as the minimum 

Yeah I hate that too. Polaris was doing something similar with suspension travel specs on their SxS....they were listing "wheel travel" even though the actual suspension travel was less.

35 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

last I knew it should come in a fair bit below that..  Wont know what full production will bring, for almost a year though

• Like 1

We are excited to announce that we will be releasing more information on the CATALYST platform tomorrow, December 6! 

This launch, which is part of our phased release strategy, will include an interactive 360-degree 3D model that will feature up-close information on the CATALYST platform. It will highlight ergonomics, the innovative lay down engine and more! 

https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snow/catalyst

38 minutes ago, krom said:

We are excited to announce that we will be releasing more information on the CATALYST platform tomorrow, December 6! 

This launch, which is part of our phased release strategy, will include an interactive 360-degree 3D model that will feature up-close information on the CATALYST platform. It will highlight ergonomics, the innovative lay down engine and more! 

when will we find out the suggested bar riser height to use with a ggb mountain can? 

@fortune46x, can you reach out to anyone?  

44 minutes ago, krom said:

So they just rearranged a bunch of the information that was already on the website?

• Like 2

Calibrated Suspension

The CATALYST platform takes a centralized design ideal for all riding styles and pairs it with legacy suspension and steering to provide a unique experience for each segment.

With ratio steering paired with progressive steering, this innovative design offers a lighter, tighter feel that uses leverage first to mimic the feeling of power steering.

Accessing different sections of your sled is painless with the CATALYST chassis: the plastic panels’ tool-free design allows quick access to components like the belt, oil reservoir and coolant. You can also access the battery with a quarter turn of the seat.

Edited by krom