2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this is what I feel people miss most with Textron... legacy. 

Yeah no legacy after 5 years, fuck those vampires raawwwrrrrrr!  And pay no attention to how we were shitting all over the ac legacy before Textron arrived, the same legacy we now pretend to cherish, this time we're right!

https://youtu.be/57Z2SxEuuQ0

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's an interesting snowmobile... :dunno:

The Cat iPad lady made good points about the Blast two years ago. She said modern buyers want power sports machines to start like their car (standard e-start & fuel injection), not be noisy (smaller motor, enhanced NVH piece), be family friendly (reduced size, reduced power) and be able to buy something new and current to outfit their wife or kids.

The Blast is not a bad sled or concept, it’s just priced way too high for what it is. At the current MSRP people immediately compare it to more powerful sleds and it pales in comparison. Cat needs to lower the price by $2000 and make their margins with volume. They’d be well on their way to gain back market share by getting all kinds of new sledders onto Cats with this sled. They’d also get people from other brands adding a Cat to their stable as the Blast is a great sled for many families. But, it’s too fricking expensive right now. 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Yeah no legacy after 5 years, fuck those vampires raawwwrrrrrr!  And pay no attention to how we were shitting all over the ac legacy before Textron arrived, the same legacy we now pretend to cherish, this time we're right!

https://youtu.be/57Z2SxEuuQ0

no, there seemed to be more passion for the product from the company, it's employee's and athlete's that seemed to be lost once taken over by a 'A GLOBAL NETWORK OF BUSINESSES' rather than a little company in Thief River Falls ran and operated by people in the fun business that made exciting products and were typically at the forefront of new game changing innovations in performance that actually worked which is probably what attracted you, I and many of us to Arctic Cat in the first place. 

though I'm certainly glad Arctic Cat still exists and I sincerely hope this new sled exceeds expectations I can with honesty say that I have the same brand loyalty and passion to Textron as I do to the company that made my toaster.

if we, or I for the matter didn't actually care about Arctic Cat... we'd probably just say nothing and have moved along to another brand, which many have.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

The Cat iPad lady made good points about the Blast two years ago. She said modern buyers want power sports machines to start like their car (standard e-start & fuel injection), not be noisy (smaller motor, enhanced NVH piece), be family friendly (reduced size, reduced power) and be able to buy something new and current to outfit their wife or kids.

The Blast is not a bad sled or concept, it’s just priced way too high for what it is. At the current MSRP people immediately compare it to more powerful sleds and it pales in comparison. Cat needs to lower the price by $2000 and make their margins with volume. They’d be well on their way to gain back market share by getting all kinds of new sledders onto Cats with this sled. They’d also get people from other brands adding a Cat to their stable as the Blast is a great sled for many families. But, it’s too fricking expensive right now. 

BRP figured it out... https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/models/trail/mxz-neo.html

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Blast needs a hay bailer suspension then it would of been iron dawg ready and would of sold YUUUge . 

:perm:

• Haha 1

new comfort model... 

317569497_580442020553914_25240540207603

F3 sled... 

can't make the Herf/Catalyst video(s) bigger to snag a screenshot of the skid on compression... hmmm?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/811059770220404

https://www.facebook.com/HerfindahlRacing/videos/424870379751041

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I don’t understand why they couldn’t include a center shock at that price point? A basic hydraulic shock is what, $30?

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

new comfort model... 

317569497_580442020553914_25240540207603

F3 sled... 

can't make the Herf/Catalyst video(s) bigger to snag a screenshot of the skid on compression... hmmm?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/811059770220404

https://www.facebook.com/HerfindahlRacing/videos/424870379751041

That sled would be 100% cooler if it had some type of complicated linkage driving a rear shock that was mounted above the tunnel. I bet something like that would not only dominate the terrain but be so game changing that Cat would go to #1 by June.

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I don’t understand why they couldn’t include a center shock at that price point? A basic hydraulic shock is what, $30?

That sled would be 100% cooler if it had some type of complicated linkage driving a rear shock that was mounted above the tunnel. I bet something like that would not only dominate the terrain but be so game changing that Cat would go to #1 by June.

Maybe one fucking ski too ? 

:lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Maybe one fucking ski too ? 

Don’t worry, there will always be touring sled models available for you to buy and ride on the back of. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, AK440 said:

Don’t worry, there will always be touring sled models available for you to buy and ride on the back of. 

Yeah man touring is the way to go 30 beers in the cargo rack and a bad bitch riding behind ...open face helmet smoking a fat blunt . Thats called the Iron Pussy in VT. 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So I looked at that, the neo+ (feel gay just saying that) is around 7200$ for the 55hp model.

The blast I think is around 1500 more but is 65+hp.  At these lower HP levels, 10hp is significant that close to a 20% power gain which is huge.  That is totally different.  

And they are two totally different machines.   Not everyone rides spec sheets like you guys, some people actually ride.  They are likely totally different.  Guessing the mxz is fragile and can't turn and is yellow and foreign.  They probably feel different in every way when riding and that will be the determining factor.  Not spec sheets...  Except that HP differential is significant.

And times are different with money you guys can think all day long it's over priced.  It's pretty much half the cost of an 800 or turbo.  I had a buddy looking to buy two zr200's last year, he said they were going for 6-6500 and he was having a hard time getting any because as soon as they'd pop up they would be sold right away.

9 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah man touring is the way to go 30 beers in the cargo rack and a bad bitch riding behind ...open face helmet smoking a fat blunt . Thats called the Iron Pussy in VT. 

Is “Bad Bitch” what your boyfriend calls you? It seems disrespectful. Is he a big black guy? I guess that’s their culture to call effeminate men bitches.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, AK440 said:

Is “Bad Bitch” what your boyfriend calls you? It seems disrespectful. Is he a big black guy? I guess that’s their culture to call effeminate men bitches.

No clue , you sound a-lot more knowledgeable ...

I like Women Bro cant help ya out. :dunno:

42 minutes ago, mnstang said:

So I looked at that, the neo+ (feel gay just saying that) is around 7200$ for the 55hp model.

The blast I think is around 1500 more but is 65+hp.  At these lower HP levels, 10hp is significant that close to a 20% power gain which is huge.  That is totally different.  

And they are two totally different machines.   Not everyone rides spec sheets like you guys, some people actually ride.  They are likely totally different.  Guessing the mxz is fragile and can't turn and is yellow and foreign.  They probably feel different in every way when riding and that will be the determining factor.  Not spec sheets...  Except that HP differential is significant.

And times are different with money you guys can think all day long it's over priced.  It's pretty much half the cost of an 800 or turbo.  I had a buddy looking to buy two zr200's last year, he said they were going for 6-6500 and he was having a hard time getting any because as soon as they'd pop up they would be sold right away.

Never seen a single Blast on the trail personally. This is where the online order only model backfires; is a newcomer really just going to drop $8700 on a sled they can't even see? Man, back when dealers were everywhere and you could see one in person this might've worked. My area has 2 major multi-brand dealers servicing the municipal area; one dropped Cat completely and the other is now dealer-to-driveway only.

So the potential customer has no choice but to "ride a spec sheet" and what they'll find is: Cheap clutches, cheap shocks, cheap headlight, cheap gauge, cheap switchgear....ironically the only thing that isn't cheap is the price.

I applaud trying to grow the sport, truly I do. But the execution here is questionable at that price. Especially when you could go out and buy a used 85hp sno pro 500  for 4k and have 10x the sled that's both suitable for a novice and an absolute weapon in the hands of a pro.

That skidoo Neo+ is one aftermarket program away from 85hp...same powerplant used in the MXZ sport. Not to mention it looks nearly identical to its full size brethren.

Edited by Premium

A $6,000 NEO would be a really good deal for a guy who’s got some extra Ski-Doo parts lying around. Now that I see what Doo sells in that price range, the Blast looks even more way overpriced. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Premium said:

Never seen a single Blast on the trail personally. This is where the online order only model backfires; is a newcomer really just going to drop $8700 on a sled they can't even see? Man, back when dealers were everywhere and you could see one in person this might've worked. My area has 2 major multi-brand dealers servicing the municipal area; one dropped Cat completely and the other is now dealer-to-driveway only.

So the potential customer has no choice but to "ride a spec sheet" and what they'll find is: Cheap clutches, cheap shocks, cheap headlight, cheap gauge, cheap switchgear....ironically the only thing that isn't cheap is the price.

I applaud trying to grow the sport, truly I do. But the execution here is questionable at that price. Especially when you could go out and buy a used 85hp sno pro 500  for 4k and have 10x the sled that's both suitable for a novice and an absolute weapon in the hands of a pro.

That skidoo Neo+ is one aftermarket program away from 85hp...same powerplant used in the MXZ sport. Not to mention it looks nearly identical to its full size brethren.

Thomas sno sports has multiple blasts that people can try out.

Wow you don't say, a 10 year old used sled is cheaper than a brand new machine with warranty, amazing!

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Thomas sno sports has multiple blasts that people can try out.

Wow you don't say, a 10 year old used sled is cheaper than a brand new machine with warranty, amazing!

One dealer, which is run by one of the most committed Cat guys out there with Cat heritage, does not in any way represent the reality elsewhere. Now I'm starting to understand your incredulity that Textron has made serious missteps.

51 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Your friend is a moron to be looking at spending $6-6500 on a fucking 200. He deserves to get screwed over on the price for even looking at those lawnmower engine equipped sleds when the seller was asking that much.

4 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Your friend is a moron to be looking at spending $6-6500 on a fucking 200. He deserves to get screwed over on the price for even looking at those lawnmower engine equipped sleds when the seller was asking that much.

That's what they were selling for bro 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Premium said:

One dealer, which is run by one of the most committed Cat guys out there with Cat heritage, does not in any way represent the reality elsewhere. Now I'm starting to understand your incredulity that Textron has made serious missteps.

I'm glad I could help you understand.  Whatever the hell incredulity means.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

fit and finish... remember, that's important.  ;)

I'm not buying one... just showing there's brand new less expensive stuff new stuff out there.  

their 85hp MXZ Sport is $9149  https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/models/trail/mxz.html#sport

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

idk, don't work for BRP but the price is what the price is.

1 hour ago, Premium said:

never seen one around here, pretty sure @Not greg b didn't see any in the UP last winter either. 

I get it, maybe there is an actual market seeing how BRP also did it with the Neo's but it's not something I'd want.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Lol that doesn't mean anything.  Supply and demand does.

It’s because of morons like your friend that used car and sled prices went full retard. All a guy has to do is be patient and they won’t pay out the ass for anything. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fit and finish... remember, that's important.  ;)

I'm not buying one... just showing there's brand new less expensive stuff new stuff out there.  

their 85hp MXZ Sport is $9149  https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/models/trail/mxz.html#sport

idk, don't work for BRP but the price is what the price is.

never seen one around here, pretty sure @Not greg b didn't see any in the UP last winter either. 

I get it, maybe there is an actual market seeing how BRP also did it with the Neo's but it's not something I'd want.    

There are several new Blasts in my area. Families bought them for their kids. But, there are like 5 new EVO’s to every Blast I see.