2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

14 hours ago, AK440 said:

And yet Polaris went with a 136” skid on their Cross Country 600 and won everything.:lmao::lol:

Still waiting to read your enlightened reply why Herf was hitting the bottom of the whoops in this video. Come on buddy! It’s common knowledge that the general riding public holds the opinion of an unknown, amateur class racer like yourself in the highest regard. 

You're so right, didn't you see my updated diagrams? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, krom said:

Hate to go back on topic...1136123110_catalystsuspension.thumb.jpg.5cb7149b69bf6c6dbeb979eddfdd1668.jpg

both sleds in that pic are 137's

The rear arm is mounted forward on the rails, and the lower pivot is shorter

Front arm is moved forward a lot, as has the shock which looks to be at a different angle.

Driveshaft, steering post, and rider are all moved forward too.

Front suspension is moved forward, has more caster, and the different top a arm geometry will make the caster decrease as the suspension compresses (or increase as it extends)

are we thinking easier to compress and faster transfer in the skid?

looking at the spindles I'm compelled to think Cat guys are going to start shimming their skis like the Polaris guys have been.  would be interesting to see a side angle with someone actually sitting on it. 

1 hour ago, krom said:

Hate to go back on topic...1136123110_catalystsuspension.thumb.jpg.5cb7149b69bf6c6dbeb979eddfdd1668.jpg

both sleds in that pic are 137's

The rear arm is mounted forward on the rails, and the lower pivot is shorter

Front arm is moved forward a lot, as has the shock which looks to be at a different angle.

Driveshaft, steering post, and rider are all moved forward too.

Front suspension is moved forward, has more caster, and the different top a arm geometry will make the caster decrease as the suspension compresses (or increase as it extends)

Ahhh I assumed the Procross was a 129 vs 137. That definitely changes everything.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

You're so right, didn't you see my updated diagrams? 

No. How about replying to a post with them? Looks like your amateur racing experience also applies to the lack of Internet forum skills as well. 

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Poor @AK440 ...

Such a whiney little cunt that still is too embarrassed to say what Sled he actually owns and rides :owned::lol:

Why so angry? Do you lash out with name calling because you can’t debate intelligently? 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you're doubting me?  she's told me in the past you have multiple personality disorder and are a bed wetter @SnowRider  ;)

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/profile/32-snowrider/

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/profile/1343-ak440/

:roflcrying:

Ahhh…. so you are going to use deflection and ignore my response to you about your moronic statement about 136 tipped rails.

Guess I'm doing something right, I have a "lack of internet forum skills".  

Hey professional forum guy I'd love to learn more of your forum ways but I have to continue changing my garage up for winter, then I have some snowmobiles to work on and maybe tune if I am lucky.  Maybe later on I'll practice my forum skills if I pull an all nighter.   Keep kicking ass bud!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that would be a tipped rail 136... are you familiar with what that means or does it require explanation?

read what I said about the rails 

15 hours ago, AK440 said:

So you also can’t measure apparently. Last time I checked, snow was soft and everything sinks down into it a little bit. You are actually arguing the minuscule amount the 136 rails are tipped up that the rear of the track won’t touch going through the bumps or whoops. Just so I understand completely, you are saying the rails are tipped up what amount, 1”? Or is it 2”? Hell maybe 3”? Now, I don’t have your reading glasses equipped calibrated eyeballs but I can’t tell that the rails are tipped up to any discernible degree with their Polaris Cross Country sled sitting on a hard flat floor in photos. So how in the fuck would the entire length of the rail not come into contact going through whoops? 

where in the above statement do you see me posting anything about whatever the fuck it is you are ranting about in your following post?  please point it out... use your crayons or a black sharpie if need be.  

the tipped rails (according to Polaris or a company like Ice Age) is between 2-3 degrees at the end of the rail to make it turn on hard pack like a sled with a shorter skid... in the case of the 136 with tipped rails it's supposed to handle and turn like a 128 under those circumstances.  

so what kind of sled do you have?  i'm dying to know, hardly slept and couldn't finish my filet mignon last night because of it. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
backpeddle initiated :)

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

where in the above statement do you see me posting anything about whatever the fuck it is you are ranting about in your following post?  please point it out... use your crayons or a black sharpie if need be.  

the tipped rails (according to Polaris or a company like Ice Age) is between 2-3 degrees at the end of the rail to make it turn on hard pack like a sled with a shorter skid... in the case of the 136 with tipped rails it's supposed to handle and turn like a 128 under those circumstances.  

so what kind of sled do you have?  i'm dying to know, hardly slept and couldn't finish my filet mignon last night because of it. 

why are you hiding behind this alias @SnowRider or do you prefer @AK440 ?

that's pretty fucking cowardly in my book... but carry on.  ;)

WTF are you babbling about? :dunno:

Gym was wondering about this AK feller.  Gym figured he was some sort of athlete or maybe knew a thing or two.  Gym is going back to reading technical articles and recall information about Polaris snowmobiles as there is nothing new or relevant in this thread.  Gym just got done spreading more gravel on the driveway. 

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

Guess I'm doing something right, I have a "lack of internet forum skills".  

Hey professional forum guy I'd love to learn more of your forum ways but I have to continue changing my garage up for winter, then I have some snowmobiles to work on and maybe tune if I am lucky.  Maybe later on I'll practice my forum skills if I pull an all nighter.   Keep kicking ass bud!

Tune sleds, for what? Running in the ditch banger class against 20 year old Pro-X’s? 😂🤣 The only requirement for that class is you have your safety gear, the sled has a working head, tail & brake light and be equipped with a teather. Fricking hardcore racer we’ve got here. 

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What the fuck does turning have to do with bridging whoops? First rule of holes is to quit digging if you don’t want to go any deeper. 

Oh, oh! what kind of sled do you have? 

6 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Tune sleds, for what? Running in the ditch banger class against 20 year old Pro-X’s? 😂🤣 The only requirement for that class is you have your safety gear, the sled has a working head, tail & brake light and be equipped with a teather. Fricking hardcore racer we’ve got here. 

What the fuck does turning have to do with bridging whoops? First rule of holes is to quit digging if you don’t want to go any deeper. 

No, not tuning a sled for that.

11 minutes ago, AK440 said:

that's how the conversation about skid length began in the first place genius 

2385cfcc-e416-4ae5-ba96-c18be4b62a2f_tex

is it fan cooled?

:)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

good one

?

Uh huh, and how longer skids don’t drop down into whoops, bumps, whatever it is you want to call them. Try rereading your nonsensical posts and get back to me. 

You sure are invested in this place, given how "pathetic" it is :roflcrying:  What's even more pathetic is a non-snowmobiler trolling a current events/political forum that has minimal snowmobile topics LOL

On 11/10/2021 at 3:42 PM, AK440 said:

This forum is so pathetic. No traffic, just a bunch of aging, bitter guys who got banned from HCS months ago and still bitch about it every week.

I have an account on HCS and that forum is so much better now that the sand-in-vag crowd was banished to here. Getting you sad fucks riled up is way too easy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Uh huh, and how longer skids don’t drop down into whoops, bumps, whatever it is you want to call them. Try rereading your nonsensical posts and get back to me. 

I'm too busy still laughing at your retarded snowbike thread...