2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

5 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Meh- I was at Hay Days for the reveal and was pretty excited. Now, I'm pretty much over it. I question the timing of Cat's release. It is SO LONG between the release and when people will actually be able to place an order, that I wonder if the excitement that their customers feel will have worn off by spring and not translate to as many Snow Check orders as Cat's thinking they are going to get. 

IN GENERAL, are you guys still as excited as you were when it was released at Hay Days? Less? More now that you know more info?

I have a feeling that the initial euphoria will have passed, and there will no longer be as much excitement to trigger people to place an order (beyond the usual die hard Cat crowd). Cat needs to pull back some of their lost customers (people like me) and I'm no longer feeling the pull that I was back in September. 

Frankly, the Matryx is pretty tough to beat. I just don't see Cat being able to do that initially.....maybe on year 5 of the chassis once they have it refined? 

I’m totally fine waiting until ‘24 for my new Catlyst. I’m going to be flexing so hard hauling it around in my Tesla Cybertruck. 

2 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

Guys, eat a snickers, you'll fell better!!!!!! First guys are crying because cat doesn't have a new chasis, now they have one and still crying!!!!:baby:

No they don’t. They have a unfinished sled you can’t buy they made for a show. I would have bought one for this season if they would sell it, but they won’t 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

It’s basically a modern day redline. Look at this cool sled. But you must wait. Then it never comes 

It'll eventually be ready. It's whether the market will be receptive after such a wait. And of course....what the rest of the specs are once this thing is finalized. 

25 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

It'll eventually be ready. It's whether the market will be receptive after such a wait. And of course....what the rest of the specs are once this thing is finalized. 

By the time it comes out the other 2 will have ultra light, hybrid powered sleds that will smoke any 2 stroke 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

I'm very excited to consider buying the second model year 600 RXC variation... 

:)

15 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Id rather have a 129 over a 137 personally. 

and you actually have one... when I stopped at the dealership a few weeks back there wasn't a single new 128/129 and everything was 137+ and as silly as it might sound... the further they keep pushing the rider forward the longer and funnier the tunnel seems to be looking.  

buT 137's bRidGE dA bUmPS beTTa :crazy:

32 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Id rather have a 129 over a 137 personally. 

Me too. I have a 137 and prefer the 129 on my riding bud's sled. At least on the cats it's better in more situations for me.

Would also like to get track choices but that might be asking too much from cat.

Edited by Art Vandelay

14 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Me too. I have a 137 and prefer the 129 on my riding bud's sled. At least on the cats it's better in more situations for me.

Would also like to get track choices but that might be asking too much from cat.

The last non race chassis I ordered from cat I told my dealer the same and cat exchanged my track for what I wanted with minimal cost. 

The thing that I don't like about the 137 is the transfer isn't the same, It feels lazier to me (could be me) and there is a slight difference in the cornering when you get off one and go to the other. 

In March 2019, I got to see the new Riot in person and ride it at a dealership.  Before the ride, a rep from AC warned us that the Riots used for the demo were engineering test sleds, and things would change by the time any sled we ordered was actually manufactured.  There were two Riots and each had a different rear suspension.  They were clearly a work in progress, yet somehow borrowed from the factory for a public demo day.

That was the first time that the curtain was pulled back a little for me to see what the typical design cycle might be for Arctic Cat snowmobiles, and it made me interested to watch and see what happened.

The Catalyst seems to be following a similar pattern, in a sense - they announced it before it was actually ready.  Real, functioning, rideable sleds have been tested, but the ones at Hay Days, which were visually representative of what they intend to make were supposedly mockups without engines or gauges.  

I don't care.  For me, this is all entertainment.  I'm entertained to see this play out and I'm anxious to actually ride one.

• Like 1

One thing I'll say about the sleds at Hay Days:  They look colder than a ProCross. 

I've heard that the MATRYX, in spite of the bragging from Polaris about aerodynamics, isn't any warmer than an AXYS.  Maybe it's just easy to believe, because they also look cold to me.  I guess, with the Catalyst, at least three manufacturers are in the same boat, and we can probably assume that none of them is warmer to ride than the others.  I don't know, since the odds of me being able to put any useful amount of miles on a Polaris or Ski Doo before buying one is effectively zero.

I can see both sides of the argument to release early.  On one hand, too early and people will be completely uninterested when it comes time to order.  Too late, and buyers will have already abandoned Cat and tried to buy a Polaris 650, only to be completely shut out or have their order cancelled.

34 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

The last non race chassis I ordered from cat I told my dealer the same and cat exchanged my track for what I wanted with minimal cost. 

The thing that I don't like about the 137 is the transfer isn't the same, It feels lazier to me (could be me) and there is a slight difference in the cornering when you get off one and go to the other. 

Yep that's my issue with the 137 too. The racewerx coupler block helped but it still isn't as good as the 129.

• Like 1

I agree the transfer of the 137 just isn't there compared to the 129....my 129 R-XC will yank the skis harder than my tuned 998 with 192 picks. Some of that is probably weight related. To be fair, there are likeable aspects of the 137, but playful it is not.

Edited by Premium
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, p51mstg said:

One thing I'll say about the sleds at Hay Days:  They look colder than a ProCross. 

I've heard that the MATRYX, in spite of the bragging from Polaris about aerodynamics, isn't any warmer than an AXYS.  Maybe it's just easy to believe, because they also look cold to me.  I guess, with the Catalyst, at least three manufacturers are in the same boat, and we can probably assume that none of them is warmer to ride than the others.  I don't know, since the odds of me being able to put any useful amount of miles on a Polaris or Ski Doo before buying one is effectively zero.

I can see both sides of the argument to release early.  On one hand, too early and people will be completely uninterested when it comes time to order.  Too late, and buyers will have already abandoned Cat and tried to buy a Polaris 650, only to be completely shut out or have their order cancelled.

first thing I'd get is a stack of ice fisherman sized windshields.  the pic/video? of herf had one. 

https://www.arcticinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Screen-Shot-2022-09-30-at-11.35.02-AM.png

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 11:39 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

and you actually have one... when I stopped at the dealership a few weeks back there wasn't a single new 128/129 and everything was 137+ and as silly as it might sound... the further they keep pushing the rider forward the longer and funnier the tunnel seems to be looking.  

buT 137's bRidGE dA bUmPS beTTa :crazy:

They might bridge bumps a little better for a year or two until the majority of sleds are the 136-137 length and then the bump spacing will become wider. At some point the 121 will ride better as it can be jumped from bump to bump. Probably when 144-146” becomes the new thing because “it  offers even better off trail capability and the ride and handling on the trail isn’t compromised by the slightly longer skid’s bump bridging ability”.