2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Better ask Jimmy if thats going to happen , he has all the insider info ya know haha

Jimmy is personally watching over it to make sure no one tampers with it at the race. Not even the tech guys can look at because they can’t expose all the secrets this magic cat possesses 

37 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Braking news cat just released new colors for the catalyst 

And Jim got a gold 🌟  sticker from arctic insider for noticing a midnight blue/pearl color on one of the CATALYST.......

Screenshot_20221115-132834_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Jerr2Star
Add Image

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Jimmy is personally watching over it to make sure no one tampers with it at the race. Not even the tech guys can look at because they can’t expose all the secrets this magic cat possesses 

why would anyone want anything other than a Procross? 

'they' said... not just the foremost expert

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

why would anyone want anything other than a Procross? 

'they' said... not just the foremost expert

Also why would anyone want any other color than green, that's what I like so it's the best.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Also why would anyone want any other color than green, that's what I like so it's the best.

I logged onto Facebook, looked at the pictures and read the comments.  I now feel slightly dumber than I did when I woke up.

1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

Still some gold over at HCS too.

Screenshot_20221116-062810_Chrome.jpg

and he knows all of this from riding around some soybean fields in MN at 50mph only on a Procross and attending some XC races? 

if you don't ride off trail or in the mountains, or jump on other sleds given the opportunity how can you make a statement like that ? 

c'mon Jimmy... we know you're lurking.  enlighten us.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and he knows all of this from riding around some soybean fields in MN at 50mph only on a Procross and attending some XC races? 

if you don't ride off trail or in the mountains, or jump on other sleds given the opportunity how can you make a statement like that ? 

c'mon Jimmy... we know you're lurking.  enlighten us.

Exactly. He gets all pissed when polaris guys comment on cat threads and comments to move it to the general forum :lol:

• Haha 1

I'm loving the all black/stealth look with splashes of green...reminds me a bit of the 21 R-XC graphics.  Hopefully these schemes will truly be options vs being forced into one or another based on trim package.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:57 PM, AK440 said:

Cat will pull a lot of guys back over to the brand with this new sled once it’s fitted with the larger motor. 

Meh- I was at Hay Days for the reveal and was pretty excited. Now, I'm pretty much over it. I question the timing of Cat's release. It is SO LONG between the release and when people will actually be able to place an order, that I wonder if the excitement that their customers feel will have worn off by spring and not translate to as many Snow Check orders as Cat's thinking they are going to get. 

IN GENERAL, are you guys still as excited as you were when it was released at Hay Days? Less? More now that you know more info?

I have a feeling that the initial euphoria will have passed, and there will no longer be as much excitement to trigger people to place an order (beyond the usual die hard Cat crowd). Cat needs to pull back some of their lost customers (people like me) and I'm no longer feeling the pull that I was back in September. 

Frankly, the Matryx is pretty tough to beat. I just don't see Cat being able to do that initially.....maybe on year 5 of the chassis once they have it refined? 

@ZR6000RR

Dunno- I think Jim Ramstad is either an Evil Genius troll- who laughs his ass off every time someone is triggered to respond to his insanity, or he is duller than a pile of rocks..... I don't think there's anything in the middle. 

Is Jim an evil genious Ski-Doo or Polaris rider who's entire mission in life is to make Cat customers look as bad as possible? 

2 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Meh- I was at Hay Days for the reveal and was pretty excited. Now, I'm pretty much over it. I question the timing of Cat's release. It is SO LONG between the release and when people will actually be able to place an order, that I wonder if the excitement that their customers feel will have worn off by spring and not translate to as many Snow Check orders as Cat's thinking they are going to get. 

IN GENERAL, are you guys still as excited as you were when it was released at Hay Days? Less? More now that you know more info?

I have a feeling that the initial euphoria will have passed, and there will no longer be as much excitement to trigger people to place an order (beyond the usual die hard Cat crowd). Cat needs to pull back some of their lost customers (people like me) and I'm no longer feeling the pull that I was back in September. 

Frankly, the Matryx is pretty tough to beat. I just don't see Cat being able to do that initially.....maybe on year 5 of the chassis once they have it refined? 

Pretty spot on assessment.  Cat needed to announce something but early announcements are always a double edged sword.  Plenty of examples where this has been done in the past and has not had the desired effect.  

It has been so long for some previous Cat fans - nearly 18 years now for me - for them to get back to dominating in any category of the sport that it is going to be wait and see.  I do not think you are off in that Cat has years AFTER the launch to prove this is the finally the real deal and not just a catch up to the competition move.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 8:57 PM, AK440 said:

Cat will pull a lot of guys back over to the brand with this new sled once it’s fitted with the larger motor. 

Cat's approach seems to be pretty conservative. Limited details and a lot of smoke & mirrors. I completely understand that this is likely due to the fact that the sled is still being engineered- and no where near completion. About the only think I can see that would renew peoples' interest, would be to surprise everyone and offer a large bore 2 stroke (850+cc) for spring order and not only the 600. Right now I still feel Meh....and outside of a new motor, I don't see the Catalyst recapturing my interest. 

For this season ('23) there not many ZR6000's available. I am assuming that was because Cat was holding back 600 motors to use in new Catalyst production. 

17 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I lost interest in it when they said you couldn’t buy them. They are basically un finished and don’t even have a full line yet. It will be 2025 before they can even compete with it against Polaris and skidoo. Especially in the mountain segment 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I lost interest in it when they said you couldn’t buy them. They are basically un finished and don’t even have a full line yet. It will be 2025 before they can even compete with it against Polaris and skidoo. Especially in the mountain segment 

Exactly 100%. 

9 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Exactly 100%. 

It makes you wonder how well the snow division is actually doing. My dealer went from selling 40 sleds a year to zero in about 3 years. They would sell them when they had them sitting there on the floor for people to implus buy. The snow checks they ordered were canceled a week later by cat this year. I am sure they are not the only ones that are basically done with cat. Every skidoo and Polaris dealer I have been to, have some kind of inventory to sell, even last season.

23 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

That was a weird release of a 2024 sled that the consumer can't buy. Then for it to only be released with a 600.  Kind of a kick in the teeth for the guys that bought a 2023 600 Arctic Cat.  Like opening a Christmas present to find a one sock.

Looks to have some nice features and I hope more pieces come together.  More of a release to try to keep interest in the product but a lot of unanswered questions remain.  Leads to more curiosity what the other manufactures are going to offer in 2024.   

• Haha 1