2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

3 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Aren't they doing the same thing now for Doo?

Yup, and I think they built more for BRP than they did for their own dealers.  Not sure how long that will last, since its part of the lawsuit settlement a Canadian court handed down, US court dismissed the same suit

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

I still think Argo wants in.  They do everything else, outdoor power-wise.   They had ATV's and maybe lawn mowers at Hay Days (not sure whose lawn mowers they were, but they were sitting next to Argo ATV's).  I think they license Sherp, don't they?  If they don't end up buying the Arctic Cat name from Textron, what are the odds they'd agree to partner with Yamaha...  or both?

Heard a few rumors that Argo wanted to buy AC, but Textron wouldn't sell.

14 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I have thought before that Argo and cat would be a good fit.  I know a lot of the old Cat guard is at Argo now.  Not sure if they can afford it and it also seems like Textron is pretty committed to cat. 

fixed

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I have thought before that Argo and cat would be a good fit.  I know some of the old Cat guard is at Argo now.  Not sure if they can afford it and it also seems like Textron is pretty committed to cat.  Despite what some internet people say, they've been doing things.  The blast was a big deal for them, they had an all new ATV, wildcat is coming back, mountain sled has got alot and continued changes in the trail models and now an all new snowmobile coming.  They haven't been with cat that long and I'm sure it takes a while to get ahold of things at first and figure out the industry big-picture and where they want to be and what moves to make and all that.  Seems like the ball is rolling at this point.

Also Argo is a Canadian company and I don't think I would like that for Arctic Cat.

There's a lot to digest right there. 

6 months ago, I would have agreed that Arctic Cat could be let go on a fire sale to someone like Argo for a couple hundred million. But not now. I agree 100% @mnstang that Textron has finally demonstrated their commitment to the sport and Arctic Cat brand, and it appears that they are finally going to be a position to deliver something competitive. So, Cat's value has gone way up, and it appears that any thoughts of a fire sale to Argo are behind us. 

Now Textron has to actually deliver the product and it needs to perform as they claim. Is it enough to pull FORMER Cat owners back from Polaris and Doo? Likely so.

Is it going to pull long time loyal Polaris and Doo owners to Cat? I doubt it. 

Cat will see a sales boost and they will recover some of their lost marketshare. But that boost in marketshare will be limited. 

• Like 1

fit and finish isn't a deal breaker for me.   quality, durability and dare I say 'fun factor' are. 

interested to see what they do in the 4s realm as a lot of buyers imo bought the big turbo regardless of the old chassis because they just want the fastest sleds available.  those tcat and srx buyers aren't going to be happy with a substandard mill .

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

fit and finish isn't a deal breaker for me.   quality, durability and dare I say 'fun factor' are. 

interested to see what they do in the 4s realm as a lot of buyers imo bought the big turbo regardless of the old chassis because they just want the fastest sleds available.  those tcat and srx buyers aren't going to be happy with a substandard mill .

Selling the fucking thing is a deal breaker. I bet they are super limited and the procross will still be big seller next season 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The engineer says at 4:50ish they are racing it this year 

looks like a photoshopped Skidoo

:roflcrying:

Heidi's bringing it home for what she thinks the loyal cat customer wants.  In her own words.

"First, there's not enough of us, we need more arctic cat customers"

"That's what we're committed to, it's what we think the catalyst is really going to drive"

"It's to make the ride more accessible, for people that aren't going to ride the turbo, don't need the full power, who might be intimidated.  Trying to connect with their core riders."

So, Heidi feels the loyal core cat rider is intimidated and does not need the full power in their sled.... Sounds about right but didn't the blast already hit this mark then?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Heidi's bringing it home for what she thinks the loyal cat customer wants.  In her own words.

"First, there's not enough of us, we need more arctic cat customers"

"That's what we're committed to, it's what we think the catalyst is really going to drive"

"It's to make the ride more accessible, for people that aren't going to ride the turbo, don't need the full power, who might be intimidated.  Trying to connect with their core riders."

So, Heidi feels the loyal core cat rider is intimidated and does not need the full power in their sled.... Sounds about right but didn't the blast already hit this mark then?

And Heidi would know.  She has ridden on the back of a snowmobile before.

snowmobile2011-1-e1659283516287.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've tried to stay out of this conversation for the most part since seeing the new cat marketing machine still in full on retard mode at haydays.  Figured the one in ten snowmobiler that is so faithful to the brand that they are still buying new cats after all these years at least deserves to keep that brand new woodie they have over the catalyst for at least a little while before calling it out for what it is. 

A full on copycat of the rev or matryx chassis.  Not the partial copy that the company so stupidly decided to spend millions upon millions defending in court battle after court battle but the full on copy, that according to her, they have been working on and obviously sitting on for the most of the last ten years.  Yes the new estrogen soaked cat leadership all but stated this for the record.  The company did this rather than just pay a couple bucks to the patent owner and spend the rest of that pile of legal cash in areas their faithful could have actually benefitted from.

If I had been missing out on the last twenty years of riding a modern sled chassis and then actually listened to what she said in those few seconds that she was not talking about how much she now loves ice skating and curling I would have been fucking furious.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jdsky said:

I've tried to stay out of this conversation for the most part since seeing the new cat marketing machine still in full on retard mode at haydays.  Figured the one in ten snowmobiler that is so faithful to the brand that they are still buying new cats after all these years at least deserves to keep that brand new woodie they have over the catalyst for at least a little while before calling it out for what it is. 

A full on copycat of the rev or matryx chassis.  Not the partial copy that the company so stupidly decided to spend millions upon millions defending in court battle after court battle but the full on copy

Not sure if you are a fucking moron, totally clueless, or haven't seen one in person yet....

Even though doo keeps trying to copy cats front end geometry by changing their spindles ever other year, they still don't turn for shit, are are impossible to trust when ridden hard because there is no way to know when that yellow pile of shit is going to turn, or send you straight into the woods.

On top of that, the new Cat chassis is nothing like the tin can fall apart pos doo, (or poo).  Like every sled before it, the cat is significantly stronger and more durable than anything doo could hope for.  Unlike doo, you'll never bend your nun, or shatter a module loading a catalyst sled on a trailer.  Don't get me wrong poo isn't a ton better, as their cast bulkhead shatters when you hit anything much larger than a pine cone, but even that is heads and shoulders above that yellow, weak pile of shit that you ride.

One more thing you have wrong:  Cat won the case in the USA, and should have in canaderp, if not for their bullshit home cooking  legal system.  Don't forget cat won a ton of $$ from BRP for seadoo stealing a tigershark patent.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, krom said:

Not sure if you are a fucking moron, totally clueless, or haven't seen one in person yet....

Even though doo keeps trying to copy cats front end geometry by changing their spindles ever other year, they still don't turn for shit, are are impossible to trust when ridden hard because there is no way to know when that yellow pile of shit is going to turn, or send you straight into the woods.

On top of that, the new Cat chassis is nothing like the tin can fall apart pos doo, (or poo).  Like every sled before it, the cat is significantly stronger and more durable than anything doo could hope for.  Unlike doo, you'll never bend your nun, or shatter a module loading a catalyst sled on a trailer.  Don't get me wrong poo isn't a ton better, as their cast bulkhead shatters when you hit anything much larger than a pine cone, but even that is heads and shoulders above that yellow, weak pile of shit that you ride.

One more thing you have wrong:  Cat won the case in the USA, and should have in canaderp, if not for their bullshit home cooking  legal system.  Don't forget cat won a ton of $$ from BRP for seadoo stealing a tigershark patent.

jeezus krommy... your rolling :roflcrying:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Funny they put that red Riot on display with the shocks upside down.  WTF??

The standard shocks usually get mounted body end down, to get the shaft up and away from damage caused by rocks etc getting thrown at you.  The shock itself doesn't know or care which end is up, it only knows if it is getting shorter, or longer.

5 minutes ago, krom said:

The standard shocks usually get mounted body end down, to get the shaft up and away from damage caused by rocks etc getting thrown at you.  The shock itself doesn't know or care which end is up, it only knows if it is getting shorter, or longer.

Then why is the ZR mounted the right way?

On 10/9/2022 at 7:48 AM, EvilBird said:

Cool looking Sleds in person.

But fit and finish wise things sure are rough looking up close,  but I guess that is because they are prototypes :dunno:

C99CF6BB-A686-4F45-93A5-D2DCA9742061.jpeg

546867B9-9005-4FCB-BCF4-5CFB19DD4855.jpeg

C30E35F6-5AFB-4A66-9164-B2DFAD530223.jpeg

03A9CF49-A08C-4550-8BD4-7A89544465A5.jpeg

26E06B32-48DA-45FF-996A-AABF1E07D70E.jpeg

678AC38A-4ADC-4C31-A06C-7446B45DAE77.jpeg

Those are all prototype plastics.  Expect the production units to look significantly different.  Even the ski loops are 3D printed.  The new injection molding tool must not be done yet.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, krom said:

Not sure if you are totally clueless, or haven't seen one in person yet.  Chassis is nothing like the tin can fall apart pos doo, or poo.

Also cat won the case in the USA, and would have if not for bullshit home cooking type legas system in canada.

I've seen the mockup and as the cat fans have said all along, you can't patent a triangle and it looks exactly like a rev or a matryx from any angle.

Were the cat engineers that dumb that it took them this long to come up with something that is nearly exactly the same combination of triangles and geometry or were they just waiting for the patent to run out while selling 1 out of every 10 new sleds sold every year.  I have to believe it was the latter.

As for the lawsuit.  cat did not win.  They just spent millions defending their ability to sell the procross chassis for really long time.  Again, at a rate of 1 to 10 or less.  That was not a win by any metric you use in business to measure success. 

So again, were the cat engineers just that dumb or was the threat of another lawsuit for something that would clearly lose in court enough to screw over loyal fans of the brand and make them wait for at least a decade?  

The judge found in AC's favor in the USA.  That is winning the lawsuit....

So you are saying that a rev and a maytryx look exactly the same from any angle too then, since the cat looks exactly like the doo, and the poo, or what are you ranting about??? 

The cat doesn't look much of anything at all like doo's fugly ninja turtle. 

Even if the front end is worse than the procross (it isn't) it will still be better than doo.

Also you claimed the chassis are the same, not the styling being the same.  If you just wandered around one, and didn't take a look under the panels, you have no clue what the chassis is like

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Then why is the ZR mounted the right way?

You mean the sled with reservoirs, and qs3 knobs?

Those need to be mounted up out of the way, so you can steer it without hitting them.

Those shocks will work exactly the same mounted either end up too.  as long as there is enough clearance for them to fit as the suspension cycles.

It's great cat finally decided to compete again after all of these years of floundering in the market.  Even if it's only a 600 and you cannot have one in your trailer for a year or more.  Competition is better for everyone that is an enthusiast of the sport.

Once the new platform is proven I may dust off my 90's cat gear and own one again but they are going to have to bring a lot more than a chassis.  They really do have a shit ton of work to do but it seems for now Textron is willing to infuse some cash and see if the division can revive itself.  I hope they can and do.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jdsky said:

It's great cat finally decided to compete again after all of these years of floundering in the market.  Even if it's only a 600 and you cannot have one in your trailer for a year or more.  Competition is better for everyone that is an enthusiast of the sport.

Once the new platform is proven I may dust off my 90's cat gear and own one again but they are going to have to bring a lot more than a chassis.  They really do have a shit ton of work to do but it seems for now Textron is willing to infuse some cash and see if the division can revive itself.  I hope they can and do.  

you'll be able to ride one, long before lots of people get the 2023 doo they ordered.

11 hours ago, krom said:

You mean the sled with reservoirs, and qs3 knobs?

Those need to be mounted up out of the way, so you can steer it without hitting them.

Those shocks will work exactly the same mounted either end up too.  as long as there is enough clearance for them to fit as the suspension cycles.

I get that the shock will work, regardless of position ... but to 99% of us, it looks like shitty quality when a shock "appears" to be upside down.  If it works either way, why not mount it the way most people expect it to be mounted?  Then again, maybe most people don't even realize it in the first place :dontknow: