2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

On 9/28/2022 at 10:58 AM, p51mstg said:

At least Heidi wasn't reading from an iPad at Hay Days this year.  I thought she actually did a fairly decent job - at least as good as most sub-C level execs at large corporations.  That doesn't help Cat at all, but it has been my observation that corporate types never actually care about the division or group they're in charge of, they just care about their own careers.  I'll bet she's moved on by next summer and they'll get a new schmuck to make themselves, I mean Cat, "successful".

It was quite telling when she referred to her tenure at cat in months.

• Like 1

After a good look over, its nice and light where it can be, but tough where it needs to be.  Bonus that the bulkhead that isn't built like any other machine on the snow, won't shatter when you hit a pine cone like the current doo, and poo sleds.

I'm going to predict that you will never see one built with yamaha decals on it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krom said:

After a good look over, its nice and light where it can be, but tough where it needs to be.  Bonus that the bulkhead that isn't built like any other machine on the snow, won't shatter when you hit a pine cone like the current doo, and poo sleds.

I'm going to predict that you will never see one built with yamaha decals on it.

A shame on the bold.

14 hours ago, krom said:

Only for blue Arctic Cat buyers

Fixed that.

Also here is an interview with herfindahl about the sled.  He seems to really like the composite running boards.  Also was mentioned that the catalyst is 10% lighter.

I could see myself trading the high country in on a catalyst M, or a riot X if they make one?

https://www.arcticinsider.com/interview-herfindahl-on-catalyst/

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, krom said:

IDK if its the site, or what, but both at my work pc, and home pc almost no image links work for me, unless I right click and open in a new tab..

probably the NSA fuckin with you 

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I was told that by one of the brass.  No further details shared.

36 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Maybe looking for a new partner since they arn't getting it done with the current one.:stirthepot:

AFIk/been told it wasn't yamaha's decision

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I was told that by one of the brass.  No further details shared.

Well they are unwilling to design or build their own machine so what else do they think they can do?  Besides fully exiting the industry 

29 minutes ago, krom said:

AFIk/been told it wasn't yamaha's decision

Seems strange for either side to want out.

Textron is now making doos so why cut off yamaha.

And yamaha clearly doesn't have any interest in doing anything other than picking out stickers, and whatever it is jared does.

How many sleds does Yamaha sell annually? A couple thousand? Why even bother?

And if you're Cat.....it hardly seems like there's enough revenue to justify changing production to build Yamacats.....

1 minute ago, Ziemann said:

How many sleds does Yamaha sell annually? A couple thousand? Why even bother?

And if you're Cat.....it hardly seems like there's enough revenue to justify changing production to build Yamacats.....

It's just another version of the same sled they already make.  Back in the firecat days they had like 10 different edition firecats in one year, jokers, fighter pilot, Canadian, patriot, retro, team, black widow, night fire, snopro, and many of those editions came in two different color options.  A Yamaha is just one different variation from an already simple lineup.  I'd prefer they had an Arctic Cat branded special edition instead of a Yamaha stickered blue one but I don't think it's that much hassle for the assembly line especially compared to what they've already done in the past.

Heck it's crazy to look at what cat was doing in the day compared to today.  Say in like 2008, they had the twin spar chassis, they had the new snopro chassis, they had the M/crossfire chassis, and they still had the old zr chassis I'm the z570.  These chassis basically shared no parts and were all totally different.  Now they basically just have one chassis, even the blast is basically just a procross.  

22 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Seems strange for either side to want out.

Textron is now making doos so why cut off yamaha.

And yamaha clearly doesn't have any interest in doing anything other than picking out stickers, and whatever it is jared does.

Textron sells parts and sleds to Yami at a significant discount, who competes against AC for the turbo market. 

AC only uses 4 engines from Yami, the 998 turbo, 200, and 120 in sleds, and 998 NA on the dirt side (yami refuses to sell a turbo variant for SXS use because they aren't selling one)

IMO the only one that would be difficult to replace is the turbo. 

14 hours ago, krom said:

Textron sells parts and sleds to Yami at a significant discount, who competes against AC for the turbo market. 

AC only uses 4 engines from Yami, the 998 turbo, 200, and 120 in sleds, and 998 NA on the dirt side (yami refuses to sell a turbo variant for SXS use because they aren't selling one)

IMO the only one that would be difficult to replace is the turbo. 

Aren't they doing the same thing now for Doo?

17 hours ago, mnstang said:

Well they are unwilling to design or build their own machine so what else do they think they can do?  Besides fully exiting the industry 

I still think Argo wants in.  They do everything else, outdoor power-wise.   They had ATV's and maybe lawn mowers at Hay Days (not sure whose lawn mowers they were, but they were sitting next to Argo ATV's).  I think they license Sherp, don't they?  If they don't end up buying the Arctic Cat name from Textron, what are the odds they'd agree to partner with Yamaha...  or both?

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

I still think Argo wants in.  They do everything else, outdoor power-wise.   They had ATV's and maybe lawn mowers at Hay Days (not sure whose lawn mowers they were, but they were sitting next to Argo ATV's).  I think they license Sherp, don't they?  If they don't end up buying the Arctic Cat name from Textron, what are the odds they'd agree to partner with Yamaha...  or both?

I have thought before that Argo and cat would be a good fit.  I know some of the old Cat guard is at Argo now.  Not sure if they can afford it and it also seems like Textron is pretty committed to cat.  Despite what some internet people say, they've been doing things.  The blast was a big deal for them, they had an all new ATV, wildcat is coming back, mountain sled has got alot and continued changes in the trail models and now an all new snowmobile coming.  They haven't been with cat that long and I'm sure it takes a while to get ahold of things at first and figure out the industry big-picture and where they want to be and what moves to make and all that.  Seems like the ball is rolling at this point.

Also Argo is a Canadian company and I don't think I would like that for Arctic Cat.

Edited by mnstang