2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Badger** said:

The bench mark is not your Polaris from 2015, so don't pat yourself on the back. 9_9

I don't drink with bullshitters and Liars or a stalker. :fuckoff:

samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, HSR said:

:moredrama: I never claimed that Rob but Polaris is leading the way right now with some awesome new sleds. Sorry if that upsets you.

Why would it upset me I own a 2021 Polaris 2003 Polaris and 2019 Doo. Whatever mark you were trying to hit you missed Steve.:whistle:

The Turbo 850 poo sounds great for now but lets see what happen when it hits the trails after a few years. I'm pulling for Cat but you still got to have fun with the brand loyalists. 

FYI they are all pain in the ass at one time or another

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

So Cat is the best now that they copied the 05 IQR?  Makes sense Jim.

Did Polaris ever copy the iqr, which is basically the SX race chassis they have now?

I'm hoping it's more Sno Pro than iqr, which clobbered the iqr in SX and XC back in the day.

17 hours ago, Bontz said:

But keep in mind ... that chassis, whether it's AXYS or Matryx, is already considered excellent.  The new chassis Cat came out with is just a catch-up to try and get on the same playing field as BRP and Polaris.  If anyone thinks this new Catalyst chassis is the measuring stick within the industry - well, I guess there's more green Kool-Aid to be consumed than I thought!! LOL

they're all getting very very similar but subtly different.  until racers and riders like you or I are able to swing a leg over one and get some saddle time I won't be claiming doodly squat.  I'm happy that people are interested in something cat has in the pipeline because the past few years have looked awfully dim. 

13 hours ago, krom said:

They ran a small batch of them down the assy line in the spring.

If they are still screwing with some of the plastics to get better fit and finish who gives a fuck? The plastics industry has been hit hard by the rona..  demand spiked, and the storm in texas put a major crimp on the supply of resins, and other raw materials.

IMO why they didn't have engines; somone at textron pulled the plug on the big engine at the last second, they are doing something really cool, and different with them and want to trickle out the details like that to keep/build interest.  Or both.

On the bold , this is the biggest hiccup in manufacturing with plastics right now , while it is recovering resin prices more than doubled. They are coming down now as the warehouses start to rebound but man its a kick in the dick. 

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Did Polaris ever copy the iqr, which is basically the SX race chassis they have now?

I'm hoping it's more Sno Pro than iqr, which clobbered the iqr in SX and XC back in the day.

they're all getting very very similar but subtly different.  until racers and riders like you or I are able to swing a leg over one and get some saddle time I won't be claiming doodly squat.  I'm happy that people are interested in something cat has in the pipeline because the past few years have looked awfully dim. 

It is the same chassis as the iqr , the rear suspension is the only thing that changed over the years, this year there will be front end change. The tooling is so warn out for that engine the circular exhaust port is now d shaped 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

So Cat is the best now that they copied the 05 IQR?  Makes sense Jim.

They didn't copy shit.
Cat's race sled did better then Polaris's and won like 50-60% of flatland events from like 2012-2022.

The IQ is a great little 440 mod jumper for short round tracks but on real flatland racing tracks it gets smoked.

Edited by stinkipinki

Here's results from 2018, just 3-4 years ago.
These results are not uncommon for the last 10 years.

https://www.snowest.com/2018/03/team-arctic-sets-historic-win

In ISOC National Snocross, Team Arctic won 95 out of 161 class finals throughout the 16-race season. That’s 59 percent of the total wins. Equally impressive, Team Green captured 264 out of 483 podium positions (54 percent) and 12 of the 14 class high point championship titles. From the season opener in Duluth, MN, to the final in Lake Geneva, WI, it was an all-out blitz aboard the indomitable Arctic Cat ZR 6000R SX snowmobile featuring the ProCross chassis and C-TEC2 6000 EFI engine.

The results were equally dominant in USXC cross-country, where Team Arctic captured 88 out of 140 possible class wins (62 percent), 213 out of 414 podium positions (51 percent) and 16 of 21 class high point titles (76 percent). Team Arctic racers crushed the competition aboard the same snowmobile and technology available to all Arctic Cat enthusiasts: the ZR 6000R XC in the ProCross chassis that features the C-TEC2 DSI engine plus the ARS front and Slide-Action rear suspension combo.

9 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

They didn't copy shit.
Cat's race sled did better then Polaris's and won like 50-60% of flatland events from like 2012-2022.

The IQ is a great little 440 mod jumper for short round tracks but on real flatland racing tracks it gets smoked.

LOL.  Here is an 07 IQR.  Look at the Geometry, rider position, and such.  Obviously Cat has WAY better fit and finish, but they better considering that is 05 bodywork on a race and non-consumer sled.  And yes, absurd handlebar height so lower those and the expectation should finally be that Cat has a chassis that will allow the rider to greatly influence the handling of the machine by their body position.  SO LONG overdue.

xBIV9TH.jpg

CqBjEnp.jpg

I heard from a guy whose cousin works road construction in TRF that the new 600 will make 145 hp.

The Riot at Hay Days looked really good.  Much better than any of the pictures I've seen, even those I took.  Not sure why.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Badger** said:

Why would it upset me I own a 2021 Polaris 2003 Polaris and 2019 Doo. Whatever mark you were trying to hit you missed Steve.:whistle:

The Turbo 850 poo sounds great for now but lets see what happen when it hits the trails after a few years. I'm pulling for Cat but you still got to have fun with the brand loyalists. 

FYI they are all pain in the ass always

there I fixed it for you meat man.. 

11 hours ago, fortune46x said:

On the bold , this is the biggest hiccup in manufacturing with plastics right now , while it is recovering resin prices more than doubled. They are coming down now as the warehouses start to rebound but man its a kick in the dick. 

It is the same chassis as the iqr , the rear suspension is the only thing that changed over the years, this year there will be front end change. The tooling is so warn out for that engine the circular exhaust port is now d shaped 

Gym is curious about where you get your inside information from.  Gym loved the eye queer chassis when he rode one.  Gym was disappointed with the roost spraying ability.  Gym was ripping a big wheelie on it when the engine blew up.  Gym left it in the ditch and called his wife to pick him up.  Gym hasn't been allowed to borrow his friends sled since.  

11 hours ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym is curious about where you get your inside information from.  Gym loved the eye queer chassis when he rode one.  Gym was disappointed with the roost spraying ability.  Gym was ripping a big wheelie on it when the engine blew up.  Gym left it in the ditch and called his wife to pick him up.  Gym hasn't been allowed to borrow his friends sled since.  

it probably didnt have the proper bar riser on it to spray roost. 

Just now, fortune46x said:

Gym substitutes bar riser height with arm ripping horsepower.  Gym laughs at tall bar risers which are typically found on underpowered snowmobiles from Thief River Falls.  Gym doesn't shame them in person.  Gym has been banned from numerous Facebook pages.   

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 10:40 PM, Deephaven said:

Nobody cares.  Seriously, nobody.

I care.  As a community we should have talked him out of the Ski-Doo.  

On 9/21/2022 at 11:45 AM, p51mstg said:

I heard from a guy whose cousin works road construction in TRF that the new 600 will make 145 hp.

The Riot at Hay Days looked really good.  Much better than any of the pictures I've seen, even those I took.  Not sure why.

If it makes 128hp but revs faster in a lighter and more nimble chassis :thumbsup:

On 9/21/2022 at 8:02 PM, Gym Ramstud said:

He eats corn dogs and yells at juvenile delinquents parents at SX races.  Gym this.  Gym that.  Gym is all about 'Gym'.  Fucking tool.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:32 AM, fortune46x said:

How tall is the bar riser on SX sleds that actually compete in SX racing.  Based on FB pictures on clapped out F7's ridden by the Carhartt posse... 9" minimum.  MIright?

On 9/22/2022 at 9:09 PM, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym substitutes bar riser height with arm ripping horsepower.  Gym laughs at tall bar risers which are typically found on underpowered snowmobiles from Thief River Falls.  Gym doesn't shame them in person.  Gym has been banned from numerous Facebook pages.   

Ok, we have something in common there.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

he's the best salesperson they have right now

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I care.  As a community we should have talked him out of the Ski-Doo.  

If it makes 128hp but revs faster in a lighter and more nimble chassis :thumbsup:

He eats corn dogs and yells at juvenile delinquents parents at SX races.  Gym this.  Gym that.  Gym is all about 'Gym'.  Fucking tool.

How tall is the bar riser on SX sleds that actually compete in SX racing.  Based on FB pictures on clapped out F7's ridden by the Carhartt posse... 9" minimum.  MIright?

Ok, we have something in common there.

he's the best salesperson they have right now

I dq for anything less than 10 inches of rise. 

• Haha 2

On 9/23/2022 at 10:42 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

thank goodness Troy was there to field technical info, but there's some good info. 

At least Heidi wasn't reading from an iPad at Hay Days this year.  I thought she actually did a fairly decent job - at least as good as most sub-C level execs at large corporations.  That doesn't help Cat at all, but it has been my observation that corporate types never actually care about the division or group they're in charge of, they just care about their own careers.  I'll bet she's moved on by next summer and they'll get a new schmuck to make themselves, I mean Cat, "successful".

2 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

At least Heidi wasn't reading from an iPad at Hay Days this year.  I thought she actually did a fairly decent job - at least as good as most sub-C level execs at large corporations.  That doesn't help Cat at all, but it has been my observation that corporate types never actually care about the division or group they're in charge of, they just care about their own careers.  I'll bet she's moved on by next summer and they'll get a new schmuck to make themselves, I mean Cat, "successful".

watch these and get back to me...