2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I will test that cooling system and belt drive in down town Merrill. If that bare pavement snowmobile route doesn’t melt the belt, nothing will

I swear to all things snowmobile the cooling situation better be sorted out!

1 hour ago, jdels said:

I swear to all things snowmobile the cooling situation better be sorted out!

For real. If they get the cooling in check these things would probably pick up 10hp in the real world because they would quit dumping fuel to keep cylinder temps down 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

For real. If they get the cooling in check these things would probably pick up 10hp in the real world because they would quit dumping fuel to keep cylinder temps down 

I have honestly considered selling the 18 zr8 and jumping back on the owned since new 2004 F7SP for the next two seasons.  

On 9/16/2022 at 9:15 PM, Not greg b said:

Right 👍

Here's a few thoughts...

Launching with the revised 600 due to racing.  Polaris also changed their 600 in the Cross Country for quicker revving.  The lighter weight combined with faster revs, belt drive and a bump in power, all good.

No 800cc+ big bore at launch, lot of hay being made of this but if it's not dialed in, not ready for EPA, why bother.  To make up for this disappointment it better be a honker when they release it. 

Dealer network, this needs some serious attention.  I live virtually in the intersection of hwys 39/51 & 29 in northern Wisconsin and the closest Cat dealer to me is an hour+ away.  The dealers we used to have all dumped their Textron products.  

They should do a 700, just because... F7 :lol:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Right 👍

Here's a few thoughts...

Launching with the revised 600 due to racing.  Polaris also changed their 600 in the Cross Country for quicker revving.  The lighter weight combined with faster revs, belt drive and a bump in power, all good.

No 800cc+ big bore at launch, lot of hay being made of this but if it's not dialed in, not ready for EPA, why bother.  To make up for this disappointment it better be a honker when they release it. 

Dealer network, this needs some serious attention.  I live virtually in the intersection of hwys 39/51 & 29 in northern Wisconsin and the closest Cat dealer to me is an hour+ away.  The dealers we used to have all dumped their Textron products.  

They should do a 700, just because... F7 :lol:

9r testing is probably down the road from you. They be racing and wheeling there 

Just now, Not greg b said:

9r testing is probably down the road from you. They be racing and wheeling there 

IDK if they're messing with anything but 600's for the race sleds there.  Not sure if they do anything with the hill climbers.  

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/revealed-2024-arctic-cat-catalyst-platform/

Those who have ridden prototype versions are very excited, to the point of them stating it makes their current equipment obsolete. If true then we really do have something to get stoked about. Stay tuned!

cat1.PNG

cat2.PNG

cat3.jpg

Edited by stinkipinki

@Bontz

What's even crazier is, even though Cat got them ready for show in time, it was JUST BARELY.
Some of the parts we're 3D printed to finish the sled, no electronics or new gauge cluster has even been mentioned but I am sure they will update it, or update the base machine gauges and offer and touchscreen GPS.
And obviously no engines in any of them as Krom pointed out.
Couple other things they just had to make do with last minute for HayDays just to show them.
So, just in the nick of time.

Edited by stinkipinki

26 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Had I been there I'd have been yelling FIRE IT UP into an orange traffic cone. 

They better have some media and demo units done before March...

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Well the Polaris Chassis is like 8 years old, so its pretty easy to believe.

But keep in mind ... that chassis, whether it's AXYS or Matryx, is already considered excellent.  The new chassis Cat came out with is just a catch-up to try and get on the same playing field as BRP and Polaris.  If anyone thinks this new Catalyst chassis is the measuring stick within the industry - well, I guess there's more green Kool-Aid to be consumed than I thought!! LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

But keep in mind ... that chassis, whether it's AXYS or Matryx, is already considered excellent.  The new chassis Cat came out with is just a catch-up to try and get on the same playing field as BRP and Polaris.  If anyone thinks this new Catalyst chassis is the measuring stick within the industry - well, I guess there's more green Kool-Aid to be consumed than I thought!! LOL

I agree that for anyone that hasn't rode it (all of us) it's dumb to say it's the measuring stick or whatever.

What is equally as dumb is what you said the sentence right before that about it being a catch up or whatever.  So you think green fans can't judge it but you think it's ok for you to judge it.  With having never even swung a leg over it.  Classic hater not to be taken seriously.  You're just mad that some people are excited about it.  And what is there to catch up to?  The xc racing champion sled?.. oh wait.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Poo finally caught up to the procross with the matrix, doo was still far behind. The all new catalyst will leave them in the snow dust!!!!!

This sled has not even made it on the snow yet. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Badger** said:

This sled has not even made it on the snow yet. :lol:

It's been undergoing real life testing against everything on the market.
By the time it's hitting official production, the prototypes have had the ski's driving off.
Cat got some good people working on this, and the Poo and Doo boys got a little sass in their biased and always negative nonsense.

Great, the more, the merrier.

Edit: That RIOT with charcoal and that burnt orange with red letters looks sexy af.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They ran a small batch of them down the assy line in the spring.

If they are still screwing with some of the plastics to get better fit and finish who gives a fuck? The plastics industry has been hit hard by the rona..  demand spiked, and the storm in texas put a major crimp on the supply of resins, and other raw materials.

IMO why they didn't have engines; somone at textron pulled the plug on the big engine at the last second, they are doing something really cool, and different with them and want to trickle out the details like that to keep/build interest.  Or both.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

It's been undergoing real life testing against everything on the market.
By the time it's hitting official production, the prototypes have had the ski's driving off.
Cat got some good people working on this, and the Poo and Doo boys got a little sass in their biased and always negative nonsense.

Great, the more, the merrier.

Edit: That RIOT with charcoal and that burnt orange with red letters looks sexy af.

So the bench mark is Polaris and Ski-Doo and Cat is trying to reach that mark. :whistle: