2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

With a new chassis, not much carries over.  But that is also kind of the point.

Then be even more scared.  Not how design works these days though. Lots of previously modeled pieces in the new sled.  The ones that changed though are the scary ones and given Cats history with new clutch setups and new fuel injection no way I would be in on year 1.  

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

their marketing department could use some updating as well.  ;)

did you see the new chassis on... their website, their youtube page or their facebook page?

me neither

so there's still that... :lol:

And that is just sad . At one point they had the best marketing and pr team in the game 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Then be even more scared.  Not how design works these days though. Lots of previously modeled pieces in the new sled.  The ones that changed though are the scary ones and given Cats history with new clutch setups and new fuel injection no way I would be in on year 1.  

I am not scared lol.  As far as I know the 600 engine is the same and has been the same since 14 and has never had any major issues, horrible history with it lol.  Im also guessing they are still using the adapt clutches, which will not be new but even when they were new they've been great, I haven't heard anything but positive about the adapt clutches.  So your big worry issues are not there no boogeymans under your bed 

2 hours ago, ICG said:

That sled too. Was  ahead of its time

No it wasn’t. The red line looked cool but was a tank that never made it. The blade killed everything back then and is still does. If the redline actually made it to production the rev had already made it obsolete.

Edited by Not greg b

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

No it wasn’t. The red line looked cool but was a tank that never made it. The blade killed everything back then and is still does. If the redline actually made it to production the rev had already made it obsolete.

They were a pos. Made a RX1 feel svelte. A friend still has one.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

New crank and a brand new efi system. Not a tweaked ctech 

Yep, tons of new stuff.  No manufacturer has been good on year one of anything near that much of change.  Love the changes, but I wouldn't want to be an early adopter.

36 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yep, tons of new stuff.  No manufacturer has been good on year one of anything near that much of change.  Love the changes, but I wouldn't want to be an early adopter.

I am on the fence with it. I tried to buy it and cat said no. My dealer said the 2012 it’s like the 03 f7 a shit pile. They will fix it once stupid has it 

On 9/10/2022 at 10:26 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

otb - fixed

@fortune46x was the 'first one'... or so he claims :) 

I'm interested in the slipper they're obviously going to have to use, the jackshaft and driven shaft configuration.  TCL, if there is one... layout, and other nerdy shit.

I think the biggest thing Cat riders desire (demand) is the ability to get at common to replace, clean or repair parts without taking the sled completely apart.  I've heard cleaning the power valves on a newer Ctech 800 in the 18 and up Procross was idiotic... at least the PTO side. 

having seen a newer Doo 600 getting it's spark plugs replaced... wtf man?     

Not really the first overall , but the first TKI to run on flat land that wasn't being raced. 

On 9/10/2022 at 10:30 PM, Deephaven said:

It is an awful lot of stuff to change all in one year.

Its changed in one model year but this entire platform has been tested for years - pre textron days. 

No one will see one until 2024 model year since all of the tooling isn't completed yet - hence the 3d printed parts that were on the sled. 

22 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I went back to the comment's section and replied to the people saying the teaser vid was a triple.  Theyust be br fr the Arctic cat trail riders FB page 

The teaser video out have been better if they acted like the were going to rope start it, then pushed the button