2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah I have no idea where they are getting the sp500 tunnel connection from. Looks more like an old van amberg tunnel than a sp500 tunnel 

it's exactly the same as this... 

800REVOLT-113-copy-640x300.jpg

no?

:lmao:

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

hey @Not greg b

tell the tards on HCS the tunnel looks nothing like the old SnoPro... nor much else at all.

oh wait, it's green and black = SAME!!!

how does that make any sense unless you only turn one direction... no one seems to actually know?

not the same.jpg

31 minutes ago, krom said:

Per Troy Halverson the headlight is to make sure everyone who passes the sled at night, knows it is an Arctic Cat. 

Anyone remember the last performance sled AC built without a "tilted" tunnel?

Seems legit, I think Booger would even agree. Good find krom. 

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

hey @Not greg b

tell the tards on HCS the tunnel looks nothing like the old SnoPro... nor much else at all.

oh wait, it's green and black = SAME!!!

how does that make any sense unless you only turn one direction... no one seems to actually know?

not the same.jpg

So I'm one of the "tards" that said it. It's my opinion! Side by side as above, not so much. But it's been awhile since I looked at a Sno Pro!

1 minute ago, soeaster said:

So I'm one of the "tards" that said it. It's my opinion! Side by side as above, not so much. But it's been awhile since I looked at a Sno Pro!

don't feel alone, there were a LOT more tards on Facebook :lol2:

please feel free to fill this out... 
hurt-feelings-report-form-preview.webp

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 122 said:

They finally got rid of the snow flap on the mountain sleds, that will be interesting.  My 2018 RXC gets overheated really easy. 

I really hope they made some major changes to the cooling system. My 19 couldn’t make it across a gas station parking from snow with out over heating. Crn2crn got to witness that 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I really hope they made some major changes to the cooling system. My 19 couldn’t make it across a gas station parking from snow with out over heating. Crn2crn got to witness that 

multiple times...

• Haha 1

ok, next elephant in the room...

600 only for introduction on a lighter revised 'chassis' and no 800 at the launch, shouldn't a '165hp class' 800 in a lighter chassis run with 850's and even if it doesn't what percentage of riders are going to purchase it without a big bore?  I'm perfectly fine with having a 85-130hp sled for our local trails, but obviously I'm not everyone.  Big bore riders are unlikely to go down in range, so are they missing the mark here or will the new 'not quite ready' big bore be announced next spring for snow check?

discuss...

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ok, next elephant in the room...

600 only for introduction on a lighter revised 'chassis' and no 800 at the launch, shouldn't a '165hp class' 800 in a lighter chassis run with 850's and even if it doesn't what percentage of riders are going to purchase it without a big bore?  I'm perfectly fine with having a 85-130hp sled for our local trails, but obviously I'm not everyone.  Big bore riders are unlikely to go down in range, so are they missing the mark here or will the new 'not quite ready' big bore be announced next spring for snow check?

discuss...

The cat has a solution

AE5FC29D-0DBB-4BD7-9C63-ECC5F2C88CC7.jpeg

• Haha 1

Things may change.  I heard earlier this summer it would be 600 first year with something new and bigger to come.

Also, it was a challenge to deliver procross sleds last year, they might be doing 600 first year because of uncertainty of filling orders.

Will give them more time to durability test on reduced power before it getting out to the masses.

The 93 zr and 02 zr/firecat were racer only machines before going to masses the following year.

Not sure if it was noted here yet, but it's belt drive.

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Things may change.  I heard earlier this summer it would be 600 first year with something new and bigger to come.

Also, it was a challenge to deliver procross sleds last year, they might be doing 600 first year because of uncertainty of filling orders.

Will give them more time to durability test on reduced power before it getting out to the masses.

The 93 zr and 02 zr/firecat were racer only machines before going to masses the following year.

Not sure if it was noted here yet, but it's belt drive.

That belt drive is huge. First one to use it on a trail sled 

18 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

That belt drive is huge. First one to use it on a *production* trail sled 

otb - fixed

@fortune46x was the 'first one'... or so he claims :) 

I'm interested in the slipper they're obviously going to have to use, the jackshaft and driven shaft configuration.  TCL, if there is one... layout, and other nerdy shit.

I think the biggest thing Cat riders desire (demand) is the ability to get at common to replace, clean or repair parts without taking the sled completely apart.  I've heard cleaning the power valves on a newer Ctech 800 in the 18 and up Procross was idiotic... at least the PTO side. 

having seen a newer Doo 600 getting it's spark plugs replaced... wtf man?     

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Hope it doesn't have the Procross clutch learning curve.  I love the idea, but am dubious on the execution.

I think tki has had a hand in it. Zach’s soo sled has been running. He has blown more tracks than belt drives in that race. And that race will wreck everything 

Looks like the bar pad is the same as the 2012s, just another procross in my eyes.

The idiots on Facebook and Instagram crying about the 600 only deal is hilarious. You know it’s all the guys that couldn’t ride a blast to it’s full potential too. If there’s 600s for sale to be on the snow this year I’ll be selling the “big bore” rr to get on one.

• Like 2