Check your account email address ×

Pembine Wisconsin Atv and snowmobile trail closed because of 25K golf course damage by ATV

It’s the classic case of it only takes one person to ruin it for everyone. An ATV trail is now temporarily closed in Pembine, Wisconsin, due to a rider causing more than $25,000 in damage to a golf course that the trail goes through. Officials say that the closure of the trail means riders will not have access to the Four Seasons Resort.

A local group that calls themselves the Pemenee River Riders have stepped in and offered a $500 reward to anyone who can provide information that leads to the conviction of the vandal who caused the damage. Their Facebook post is full of comments from upset and displaced residents of the community who are used to having access to this trail. The takeaway here is, don’t be that guy. Drive responsibly and respectfully so we can all continue to have fun.

This will also effect the snowmobile trail

Golf damage.jpg

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Most likely a local. At least they didn’t tear into the green to bad. It’s an easy fix. 100% of the time when one of my golf customers got tore by an atv it was usually someone that lives close by.

They have some ideas who the group is.  They are not local.

17 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Most likely a local. At least they didn’t tear into the green to bad. It’s an easy fix. 100% of the time when one of my golf customers got tore by an atv it was usually someone that lives close by.

That damage looks very similar to what our local golf club went through a year ago.  Surprisingly, the green that was damaged looked good as new in less than a week .. hopefully the same can be said for this place.

Dumb ass people though, who do this shit :justcuz:

43 minutes ago, b.lee said:

Idiot!

I don't know golf greens, but is that really $25,000 in damage? 

There was more damage than just the greens.  Theres more pictures in the article of other damage.

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I saw they posted the trail was opened back up?

Friend has a place just down from the golf course and a member of the ATV/snowmobile club.  Closing the trail closed access to the Four seasons resort which is where a lot of people stay at while up riding.  They probably worked something out.  Friend was the one that told me they have a group they are looking into for related reasons of other damage.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, b.lee said:

Idiot!

I don't know golf greens, but is that really $25,000 in damage? 

Yes. Input costs on a golf course are astronomical. People think it’s like your lawn you mow once a week and throw a few bags of weed and feed down on. I looked up bent grass seed pricing from rhinder’s a very common supplier golf courses use and bent grass is about 20 bucks a pound and a pound does not go that far.