22/23 cross country thread

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Most years don't even see a race as we are working. Still fun, but as far as me racing? To old and will never stud. Also hate carnage on my toys. Have never as much as bent a bumper since 10th grade. I ride like I borrowed my sleds now a day.

How long ago was it you said that the ZR6000RXC were built??

Here's the latest production update from AC:

image.thumb.png.8ac64a3672f449ca2a709729d5b619cc.png

Dear Valued Dealers,

We continue to work through the last of our model year 2023 snowmobiles and ship as many completed units to the channel as possible. Please see below for important updates.

Snow Updates
  • ZR 6000 129 R XC US BLK and 129 ES R XC US BLK are waiting on shocks. We have been informed by our supplier that the body for the rear track shock is delayed. In order to get parts this month, the rear track shock body will receive black anodization instead of the standard Kashima coating. As communicated in the last update, it will likely take us until mid-March to ship all the product. 

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, krom said:

I didn't know there was still undelivered sleds.

So what's real dumb about ordering sleds is the gamble.  I'm not worried about not having A sled to ride.  But if it's not there til mid February I'm out.  But does that mean I'd be out the $500 deposit or whatever it is?  There should be a clause where if the sled isn't delivered by X date, you get your money back at least.  Maybe they already do that?  If not though that's a bunch of BS.  You have to give them money and hope they deliver your product in time to use.  And if they don't and you want out they keep your money?  That would not help me commit to a spring order.  Especially when the prior year sleds still aren't delivered.  You're asking alot from customers to do that.

Edited by mnstang
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I didn't know there was still undelivered sleds.

So what's real dumb about ordering sleds is the gamble.  I'm not worried about not having A sled to ride.  But if it's not there til mid February I'm out.  But does that mean I'd be out the $500 deposit or whatever it is?  There should be a clause where if the sled isn't delivered by X date, you get your money back at least.  Maybe they already do that?  If not though that's a bunch of BS.  You have to give them money and hope they deliver your product in time to use.  And if they don't and you want out they keep your money?  That would not help me commit to a spring order.  Especially when the prior year sleds still aren't delivered.  You're asking alot from customers to do that.

I think but am uncertain the racers who ordered through the race dept got theirs (first run) but it's the consumers who ordered RXCs that are waiting.  Did this apply to any other models that normally get kashima coated shocks?  IDK :dunno:

but I agree that if you preorder in March or April there's no real good excuse not to have your new sled by the first of the year... regardless of brand.  

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I think but am uncertain the racers who ordered through the race dept got theirs (first run) but it's the consumers who ordered RXCs that are waiting.  Did this apply to any other models that normally get kashima coated shocks?  IDK u preorder in March or April there's no real good excuse not to have your new sled by the first of the year... regardless of brand.  

Some racers who maybe ordered 2 or 3 were shorted 1 with a to be built later date.  Not sure if they ended up with them yet or not.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Some racers who maybe ordered 2 or 3 were shorted 1 with a to be built later date.  Not sure if they ended up with them yet or not.

Thomas SS and these dealers apparently got theirs... 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/570980891720610/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab8aaac1a-0662-4aca-a8ea-42cb188d267c

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/923455265509333/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A9a124162-c947-44e2-b0b5-fffb5c48f1c0

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

On 2/16/2023 at 4:44 AM, krom said:

I had no idea that some sleds were so delayed this year, 3 fucking years after COVID hit. 

Dealers in my area have many brand new, ‘23 Boosts and 9R’s sitting in showrooms while winter ticks away. I suspect they are from buyers who backed outta their snowchecks as they watched interest rates rise. Who the fuck would pay 6-9% on a $23,000 mountain sled? 

14 hours ago, AK440 said:

I had no idea that some sleds were so delayed this year, 3 fucking years after COVID hit. 

Dealers in my area have many brand new, ‘23 Boosts and 9R’s sitting in showrooms while winter ticks away. I suspect they are from buyers who backed outta their snowchecks as they watched interest rates rise. Who the fuck would pay 6-9% on a $23,000 mountain sled? 

how is a snowmobile $23k in the first place?  is Lockheed Martin or Boeing making them? 

the rent's gotten too high folks... 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

how is a snowmobile $23k in the first place?  is Lockheed Martin or Boeing making them? 

turbo chargers are expensive that’s why. A boon docker pump gas kit is 5600 bucks. Add that to a 163 inch n/a rmk and you are right in the 23k ball park. both options are stupid expensive. I am waiting for the rebate game to come back into the sled world. We are doing one for the first time in years at my work. Last time we did one was like 6 years ago. I bet it isn’t far away. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Just do a search for a boost RMK Khaos. They are retarded expensive. But from what I’ve watched on YouTube, a 163” Boost is the bare minimum sled required to break trail through 3” of fresh across a soybean field.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Just do a search for a boost RMK Khaos. They are retarded expensive. But from what I’ve watched on YouTube, a 163” Boost is the bare minimum sled required to break trail through 3” of fresh across a soybean field.

seen them in person in a dealer, see them every week and weekend on the highway heading to do UP mountain riding and powder slaying, fortunately don't see them around here ever... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 122 said:

Herf was on the dirty sno podcast last week, he said they still plan on running the Catalyst in the Pro Open yet this year in Cor, only 3 races left, next one on  a unplowed lake

Depends on how much snow the lake gets. 

They get nothing, it'll be a ice groove in no time.

They get a bunch of snow, it'll be a terrain race on a lake with some grooved out corners.

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Depends on how much snow the lake gets. 

They get nothing, it'll be a ice groove in no time.

They get a bunch of snow, it'll be a terrain race on a lake with some grooved out corners.

Calling for 2 feet in the next 3 days 

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Calling for 2 feet in the next 3 days 

Oh, she's going to be a rough rodeo this weekend. 

I don't think they are calling for 2 feet up there, but add 6-10" on and it'll still be hoping to hold on for the full 8 second ride.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't think they are calling for 2 feet up there, but add 6-10" on and it'll still be hoping to hold on for the full 8 second ride.

at least they'll be running nice and cool before you potentially get thrown... 

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I am heading to Iowa to hide from it 

On 2/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I think but am uncertain the racers who ordered through the race dept got theirs (first run) but it's the consumers who ordered RXCs that are waiting.  Did this apply to any other models that normally get kashima coated shocks?  IDK :dunno:

but I agree that if you preorder in March or April there's no real good excuse not to have your new sled by the first of the year... regardless of brand.  

Last of the RXC won't be getting a kashima coated rear arm shock 

• Like 1