22/23 cross country thread

1 minute ago, Premium said:

Cat has done well making a truly race ready machine for the masses in the form of the R-XC.  The only thing that purists may gripe about is the QS3s.  While awesome trail shocks, I'm sure actual racers benefit more from extreme adjust-ability offered by other shocks.

they put DSC's in them

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I remember reading the posts about all the guys who were pissed in the fall of ‘19 with the Polaris bait and switch on the ‘20 XCR. It didn’t come with all the goodness Polaris advertised.

CEE2684C-89BD-4C2E-B621-91C02A01C86B.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AK440 said:

I remember reading the posts about all the guys who were pissed in the fall of ‘19 with the Polaris bait and switch on the ‘20 XCR. It didn’t come with all the goodness Polaris advertised.

CEE2684C-89BD-4C2E-B621-91C02A01C86B.jpeg

there was so much complaining from the retail 20 XCR fatties about the mashed potato factory settings on HCS back then it was crazy.  pretty sure @HSR or @Bontz scolded me for posting in the 'no bashing' panty waisted Polaris forum the RACE DEPT SET UP SPECS straight from Polaris back in my 19 or 20 because the torsion springs they came with were so f'ng light.  now Polaris let's you change the torsions on their snow check build page.  

this was one of them... https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/2020-indy-xcr-soft-suspension-issue.1863736/

Polaris Proud People* are lazy...  https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/2020-indy-xcr-soft-suspension-issue.1863736/post-20319144

*idk who came up with the PPP in the HCS GF but I laughed for DAYS about that one... :ok::lol:

oh yes... after reading that I forgot how stupid Flasch is/was... 2" of preload on the FTS spring :lol2:

Read thru the threads that's what's guys are say in , I could give 2 shits what the race dept says we are dealing with 850s not 600s , maybe you should put on a suspension tuneing clinic :crazy:

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/2020-indy-xcr-soft-suspension-issue.1863736/post-20319366

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Speaking of torsion springs, my buddy had to upgrade his on the new XC 850 he bought.  He's a tall athletic guy so it makes sense. Interestingly, even at my 185lbs i didn't find it to be over-sprung. I definitely like how on the Polaris skids you don't have to pull the upper idlers to swap the torsion springs.  That makes it an extremely easy job and the Cats are a pain in the ass in comparison.

6 minutes ago, Premium said:

Speaking of torsion springs, my buddy had to upgrade his on the new XC 850 he bought.  He's a tall athletic guy so it makes sense. Interestingly, even at my 185lbs i didn't find it to be over-sprung. I definitely like how on the Polaris skids you don't have to pull the upper idlers to swap the torsion springs.  That makes it an extremely easy job and the Cats are a pain in the ass in comparison.

If you can't shimmy them off by hand, get a bearing splitter and a flywheel puller kit from the Harbor Freight scumbags.

33 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If you can't shimmy them off by hand, get a bearing splitter and a flywheel puller kit from the Harbor Freight scumbags.

You've been able to shimmy them off by hand!? Certainly never been that lucky haha

4 hours ago, Premium said:

You've been able to shimmy them off by hand!? Certainly never been that lucky haha

When they are new, yes.  I take some emory cloth or whatnot and give the shaft they sit on a bit of a sanding while they are off too.

4 hours ago, Premium said:

We are running out of events to see the Catalyst in Herf's hands...

I would think the next terrain race where Pro Factory 600 and Pro Open are run at separate times you should see 1-3 of them, but I've already been wrong about that this season. 

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I would think the next terrain race where Pro Factory 600 and Pro Open are run at separate times you should see 1-3 of them, but I've already been wrong about that this season. 

last I heard through the grapevine the race dept doesn't have any of them

MIRA race in Gaylord is a mud bog race now, on February 12th

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

winner of the 2023 I500...

329878589_732327695112171_18676106041694

I just wanna know who puts those wraps on for them, I did my first one Thursday and will absolutely never wrap a procross sled again 😂. I got everything dialed in for the first XC race of the year with our new series here, got a pic from the promoter of 4” of fresh snow at the starting line at 10am. Sled, tools, spare parts, gear and most importantly the grill loaded in the trailer at noon and walked out to close the back door of the trailer and received a picture of 8” of water and slush in the same spot 2 hours later. Thinking about heading out in a couple weeks to Minnesota to run the back to back terrain races just to say I did it because winter here is canceled..

On 2/11/2023 at 9:32 PM, racinfarmer said:

Sucked down for ice racing, I've seen 105-107 out of some RXC's.  

If you dig down hard on Larson’s Facebook page he has the sp500 pulling over 100 sucked down for ice on his gun

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

If you dig down hard on Larson’s Facebook page he has the sp500 pulling over 100 sucked down for ice on his gun

The fastest stock ("stock") class RXC I know about was 109.  

Dean could really get those SP500's flying, but it took a long time to get there.

• Like 1