22/23 cross country thread

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Now that it was a race that counted Zach whipped ass

324507025_703748627852853_34390497503908

ProStock today... that's where the bragging rights come.  Nice to see 2LapsDown's kid in the mix

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=862302388439700&aggr_v_ids[0]=862302388439700&notif_id=1673190070834686&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not exactly sure who would be Doo's last pro class win.  Might be Corey Davidson's win at Pine Lake.

I didn’t realize Corey raced a skidoo. I figured he ran Polaris until the end 

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

4.2 second difference between first and third... the Doo must be faster on the straights.  Guess we'll have to wait to see if Wes can keep up in terrain.  

That has to be some kind of lie. Doos don’t turn 

4 hours ago, Potatodigger1 said:

Now it’s time to start beating up the machines in the ditches!  Although the track this past weekend didn’t look like it was groomed by a Zamboni!

It was rough, narrow, and tiring.

16 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I didn’t realize Corey raced a skidoo. I figured he ran Polaris until the end 

Corey has raced Polaris, Doo, and Yamaha.  I think he raced the first year or two of the Viper too.  No Cats that I know of.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Corey has raced Polaris, Doo, and Yamaha.  I think he raced the first year or two of the Viper too.  No Cats that I know of.

I remember him on the Yamaha. He raced the apex in the soo and it spanked everything for a couple years so they made them race the 3 cylinder.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

He got his start on Cat, not in the Pro class though. Mnstang would be proud, he was racing Jags in the Fan class.

Edited by airflite1
  • Haha 1

I'm excited to see what Wes is capable of on the Doo this year, especially now that hes doing it full time. Apparently he raced a stocker in the mod class and still netted a third. That 600R etec rips no matter what Jim says.

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

That has to be some kind of lie. Doos don’t turn 

he would have finished faster if he didn't have to stop at every turn, pick up the front of the sled and set it up for the next straight

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

narrow, tunnel tight lake courses have got to be a PITA with no room to cut in or sweep outside on.

28 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Mnstang would be proud, he was racing Jags in the Fan class.

likely the most overrated sled in Cat's history... here  :)

2 minutes ago, Premium said:

I'm excited to see what Wes is capable of on the Doo this year, especially now that hes doing it full time. Apparently he raced a stocker in the mod class and still netted a third. That 600R etec rips no matter what Jim says.

and it's not just Wes, the entire CBR team for SX & XC has gone with BRP.  when you see names like Logan Christian, Wes Selby, the Scheels and Hallstrom's jumping ship... WTF?!!!!, right?  just announced today, Boss racing switching back from Cat to BRP.  as a Cat loyalist I find this sad, as a Textron detractor I'm less than surprised.  for every inch they seem to take, they lose a mile.  I'm not the only one who see's it, but have a big mouth.

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

He got his start on Cat, not in the Pro class though. Mnstang would be proud, he was racing Jags in the Fan class.

I did not know he started on Cat.  Learn something new all the time.

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he would have finished faster if he didn't have to stop at every turn, pick up the front of the sled and set it up for the next straight

narrow, tunnel tight lake courses have got to be a PITA with no room to cut in or sweep outside on.

likely the most overrated sled in Cat's history... here  :)

and it's not just Wes, the entire CBR team for SX & XC has gone with BRP.  when you see names like Logan Christian, Wes Selby, the Scheels and Hallstrom's jumping ship... WTF?!!!!, right?  just announced today, Boss racing switching back from Cat to BRP.  as a Cat loyalist I find this sad, as a Textron detractor I'm less than surprised.  for every inch they seem to take, they lose a mile.  I'm not the only one who see's it, but have a big mouth.

Wes has Betsy as his wrench and Brian Dyrdahl is wrenching for the Hallstroms.  I'm not sure if it gets better then Brian, but Hector and Corey must be damn close.

2 hours ago, airflite1 said:

We all know that's why he's any good at all.  Jags breed winners 

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2023 at 10:27 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

looks like Selby has that SkiDon't working in qualifying.  He must have got in touch with @fortune46x to get some advice.

324082572_690977915852749_91943523761526

funny thing is I was told I didnt know what I was talking about when I said Selby was amazed at how well his new doo handled last year over his cat. Also selby is racing a stocker in mod class yet since his mod isn't done. 

31 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

funny thing is I was told I didnt know what I was talking about when I said Selby was amazed at how well his new doo handled last year over his cat. Also selby is racing a stocker in mod class yet since his mod isn't done. 

goat gif ;) 💩

:roflcrying: